Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

Check the product page for store availability starting 12/12. Just enter your zip code> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ 

We swatched Urban Decay's new Naked3(!!) palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

naked_3.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ

See the Naked and Naked2 palette swatched> http://seph.me/1dqa8Hp

Anonymous Insider

Re: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

I didn't have any interest in the earlier Nakeds but these are so different. I ordered mine at Sephora online at 4:30 am last Friday and had it in my hands on Monday. (How'd they do that?!) These colors and finishes are wonderful and very flattering. Even the sparkly colors seem to give a fairly natural looking sheen to my eyelids so they're not too much even for daytime wear. I am fair but have a warm skin tone, but these pinkish colors don't look "off" on me. I think there is enough brown in them so they accent my skin tone but don't look strange or chalky. So far I've used Buzz, Liar and Blackheart the most and they give a natural but brighter effect, nothing garish or "too much". The colors wear all day (even when I forget to apply primer).

I, too, am really into rose gold and expect (and hope!) from the overwhelming demand for this pallette that we'll be seeing other products coming out in this color range later this year. Actually, I was hoping the Pantone color of the year was going to be Rose Gold, but maybe next year!

Anonymous Insider

The UD colors always look so vibrant on black skin...wish they had a swatch on black skin.   I am expecting to receive mine tomorrow; excited!

I just got mine today in the mail! I didn't buy naked 1 or 2 just because I already have similar shades from other Urban Decay palettes (I have the book of shadows 1-4). I got Naked 3 because I don't have any shades like these at all. They are beautiful! I have been really into rose gold...I have rose gold sunglasses, purse, and watch...now this! I love it!

I've never really liked these palettes! The basics one is wonderful, but other than that I don't get the hype.

Its weird to see how differently this palette looks on the different skin tones.  Sadly, It looks quite chalky or a mess of shimmers on darker skin tones.  This is perfect for medium to light skin tones.  Unfortunately, I have already purchased and received the palette.  I am caramel/milk chocolate complected.

I'm actually the same in terms of skin tone, Caramel, but I thought the colors were flattering.  The only one I have to figure out what to do with is, oddly enough, Strange.  I don't really heavily make up my eyes...I do a light dusting of color on the lids and then choose a color for a liner.

I have all of them! Like the Naked Pallette 2 the most! 

I have brown eyes, blond hair but am 46. Will these be too shimmery

Honestly depends on your tone.  Anyone can make this palette work.  I agree it does have a lot of shimmer but you can work around it by mixing in the mattes from the palette and/or using a colored base.  Go for it!

I bought the naked 3 pallet just to add to my collection, so now it completed my Naked set of 1, 2 and now 3! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Which is best for blue eyes: Naked 1,2 or 3?

I have blue eyes and fair skin, and the Naked 3 looks amazing! I don't have the Naked 2 yet but I actually prefer the 3 over the original Naked.

I just got the Naked 3 palette and I have blue eyes. Love them!!

Honestly, I think they're all amazing. I have blue eyes, and I think my favorite is still the original Naked -- but you can't go wrong with any of them! 

I ordered this from Sephora.com through a VIB email, haven't received it yet; but I am "im"-patiently waiting. The swatches look amazing. I have purchased Naked and Naked 2 for my daughter BUT this one is for ME and me alone. I have always liked the rose tone shadows in the past from others brands and I believe this will be beautiful. WooHoo!!!!

Anonymous Insider

at ulta dot com you can get this naked palette fpr 52 so don't go on ebay or other sites and pay more than 52 just go to ulta dot com!!!

Well there's also the option of shopping here at Sephora or even beauty dot com, or the UD site itself. With the palette coming out in stores tomorrow night I don't think to many people are searching on ebay anymore. Or at least I hope not.

What is the best one for light to medium skin tone.. I like neutral eye look! Any suggestion?

In regards to which palette (1-3 or the Basics) would be the best, give us some more details in terms of your eye color and even hair color. The Naked palettes are made to be pretty flattering on various skin tones, especially when application and blending can change the opacity and color pay off.

For reference, Naked 1 is more warm toned, complimenting neutral to yellow/warmer skin tones. It would be more of a "natural" look for someone with brown eyes as the tones would compliment rather than contrast. For someone with blue eyes, Naked 1 would contrast more, making a more stark difference if they want their eyes to stand out. Naked 2 is more neutral and cool toned, making it more suited for fairer/pinker skin tones or even be more of the "natural" look for someone with blue eyes that doesn't want the contrast of the warmer/golden shades of Naked 1, but wants to keep things more subtle and subdued. Naked 3 is filled with lush, rose-gold shades that have a lot more pink to them. This provides a rosier look to skin and makes wearing more pink-toned shades easy and not clash on skin as much.

Here's an example image of the Naked palettes (1-3) swatched so you can compare them to one another.

Naked 2 and naked 3 are both cool Palettes. Naked  was the only warm tone Palette of the three.

How about the best naked palette for nc42 in MAC or Honey in Bobbie Brown. I got the Naked 2 palette and I really didn't like it for my skin tone.

224 Replies
testing