Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

Check the product page for store availability starting 12/12. Just enter your zip code> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ 

We swatched Urban Decay's new Naked3(!!) palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

naked_3.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ

See the Naked and Naked2 palette swatched> http://seph.me/1dqa8Hp

Re: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

1483335_470326853088442_1726670847_n.jpg

These three images are super helpful! I'd love to see more of this. It would make choosing a palette product much easier!

image.jpgimage.jpg

It really is kind of hard to work with this, I tried! This is a look I just did using strange, dust, buzz, liar, dark side and blackheart (whew.)

Very nice look IllegallyBlonde!

beautiful IllegallyBlonde!

aw, thank you!! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I looove Urban Decay, I want to a Naked 3, I have a Naked 2 and I love it.

These colors are so amazing.

Pallet Naked 3, come to Brazil, I'm waiting. 

I really like this palette. I feel with this one the glittery shades do not have the fallout the other sets do. If you use a primer, they set and stay on very well. I have fair skin and I feel the colors look nice. A lot of the colors are in the same color scheme, but I feel you can mix and match, and why not even mix them with other Naked palettes you might own. 

Anonymous Insider

Glad I purchased from Ulta and returned my second one from Sephora. Why wouldn't you provide swatches for darker skin. WOW, to think I liked Sephora more than Ulta. You guys come on, I'm sure you could find some with darker skin to add to the swatches.

Did Ulta provide swatches?

Sephora should have labeled the arms in the picture. The last one is one of the mod's http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Urban-Decay-Naked3-Palette/m-p/878223/highlight/tru...

She's NW40 in Mac & 1R12 in Sephora, if that helps you at all. 

Anonymous Insider

That is the lightest NW40 I've ever seen.....

They should show a swatch on a women with more pigment.....

I haven't experimented too much with this palette yet, but so far I am absolutely loving it, especially Buzz! It just is the most beautiful and flattering pink I've used on myself. I'm about the same color as the skin in the third piccy.

Anonymous Insider

What about dark tones for a swatch picture?

I was soooooooo excited when i got my palette! I've been playing with it for the last couple of days, and man I am Soooooo disappointed! There is NO pigmentation, The color "dust" is literally "DUST"... so much fallout, and no color payoff! 

The darkest color in the palette its just a non pigmented black, the "red Specks" fall out as soon as you apply the shadow. 

Mine is going back to sephora. 

I can see where people would be disappointed in this palette. However, I do not share that same viewpoint. I have NC30 skin tone (medium-light w/ yellow undertones). The day this palette was available on urbandecay.com, I swooped it instantly- I have Naked and Naked 2 and had so much confidence I'd love this one just the same. Not swatching was risky, but it worked out.

I do notice that the Naked shadows (in addition to other brands) have some fallout, and to be honest I have always experienced some fallout, but not to the extent some users are describing. With a primer, the shadows set perfectly. If using a shimmery one, apply slightly wet over a matte shade first and BLEND the shimmer/glitter in. I don't think Urban Decay skimped on their quality.

As far as struggling with shades on your skin tone, the swatches indicate that ANYONE would have that problem: the lighter shades blend into fairer skin, the medium shades get lost on medium skin, and the darker shades blend into darker skin tones. You can gauge more accurately if you squint at the photos- squinting helps us see the differences in values (lightness or darkness) between colors.

To be honest, I probably wouldn't buy it again after the palette runs out (N1 and N2 are my favorites), but I am really happy I made this purchase. The colors are rosy and lovely, and I really think can work well on anybody with a bit of know-how and finesse. 

great palette check out my review. especially if your dark skin

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much.....love seeing the swatches....wish all of the new products would be this way......cool 🙂

Barely there color for people with darker skin tones. I wish it was more pigmented. Huge disappointment. I'm returning mine. 

I hear ya. The colors are too light and are more suited for light and medium skin tones. Sad.

Im returning mine too.  there is no pigmentation at all, the colors merge into each other and looks horrible in photos. 

1 Reply
testing