Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

Check the product page for store availability starting 12/12. Just enter your zip code> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ 

We swatched Urban Decay's new Naked3(!!) palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

naked_3.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1iF8gRZ

See the Naked and Naked2 palette swatched> http://seph.me/1dqa8Hp

Re: Urban Decay Naked3 Palette

I'm nc42 in MAC, UD NAKED 7.0, HD MUFE #153 and i have both 1 & 2 palettes, I use the first one more, but I also mix them together. I'm planning on buying the 3rd palette only b/c I love how nice UD shadows apply and I can try them out, I might mix them with my other palettes and go from there if they don't work out I can always return it. There will always be 1 or 2 colors that you won't use from a palette. I learned how to use mine from online tutorials. Hope that helps:) 

Anonymous Insider

The original would be best because it is best on warm toned skin

I. Hate. Arm. Swatches. [Or at least photographing them]. I'm so going to try again in the morning with natural light on my eyes/face instead so the color is a bit more accurate or just doing it differently on my arm entirely without the flash.

Anyway, I'm a 1R13 and this is with flash. I would post a without flash picture but it's super dark right now soo not a good idea. 

Colors Swatched.jpg

Thank you for posting this! One of these days, makeup companies will get the memo that women with darker skin tones like their products. I think I'm going to order this now 😃

Anonymous Insider

Hi i have light to medium skin with more likely yellow undertone. Which palette will fit me best? Thanks!

Hey Ladies!

I know it is very difficult looking at these colors on a computer monitor and trying to figure out if it will work for you.  I guess the important thing to remember is that shades/colors vary based on your computer monitor.  So, I look at the swatches on the different skin tones as a "jumping off" point.  My skin tone is more of a medium light shade with golden or yellow undertones.  So, I consider the shades of the shadows on both the light and medium skin examples as a reference.  If all else fails Sephora has a great return policy and excellent customer service.  I hope someone finds this info helpful in making a purchase decision.

I am warm Autum, which of the Naked shadows fit my skin tone best?

Naked One

Anonymous Insider

Would the colours in this palette suit light olive tone skin?

I have olive skin during summer and quite fair tone skin during winter 😕

Whish palette would be the best if I had the skin color shown in the second picture?

which palette is best for extremely cool-toned fair skin?

Naked 2

@wynterstorm04 To the best of my knowledge, the $20 rewards cards have nothing to do with points.  BI's get $15 off $50; VIB/VIBR get $20 off $50. 

It would be nice if you considered darker skin colors. Skin gets much darker than option #3...

Now if only they realized that. 

I guess but I don't see what the big deal is. Unless its foundation or something seeing swatches of eyeshadow on my skintone won't help much unless its on my face. 

I am assuming company policy prevents them from dragging in random people off the street, shouting "Bring that skin tone over here!" 😄 Gotta work with what they have.

I am also guessing that like most they are swatching on the inside of the forearm, which is usually a couple shades lighter than skin that gets more exposure.

Did you see Candace's response a few page's back?

Her arm is #3 & she's NW 40 in mac & 1R12 in sephora. 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/Urban-Decay-Naked3-Palette/m-p/878223/highlight/tru...

It's helpful, but not to great if you're darker. Im a 1R13 pictured in natural light and Im darker then the 1R12. I couldnt imagine being a 1R15 or darker having to go off the darkest swatch provided. I wish they swatched 5 or 6 skin tones instead of 3 so people could be a little better represented. But I'll take what I can get for now. 

image.jpg 

Your skin looks great!!  What is the lipstick (or gloss) brand and shade that you are wearing in the smaller circular pic?  That color looks great on you, and want to try that color out.

Thanks! 

It's MAC's Polished Up lipstick with the Morning Coffee liner, I have a pink-y gloss over it that I can't remember the name of right now but it was either MAC Nymphette or Too Faced Erotic. 

2 Replies
testing