Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette

We swatched the new Urban Decay Naked2 Basics palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

UD_Naked-Basics-2-v2.jpg

Shop this palette> http://www.sephora.com/naked2-basics-P388225?skuId=1637719

Anonymous Insider

Re: Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette

If i decide to buy this ill just it to fill my brows 

How many Shimmery? Sparkles?And how manny Matte? I'm not able to enlarge the swatches on my phone.

The very 1st (highlight) shadow in BOTH Naked Basics1 & 2 has a sheen 2 it--so *every shadow is NOT completely matte*. However the (1st) shadow in Basics1 has more sheen to it than the (1st) shadow in Basics2. Other than those 2 shadows, all the rest are matte. Also worth mentioning, several shadows in Naked Basics2 have an issue of kicking up excess powder (when gently pressing brush in2 them);whereas, Naked Basics1 has much less of an issue with this. I own both of these palettes so I've had while 2 play around with both. HTH!

All of the colors are matte in both Naked Basics I and II. They work as great companions to the larger Naked palettes, or others that have lots of sparkly or shimmer shades, as well as on their own.

Swatch in the video.  Love this palette.

Anonymous Insider

please add a swatch for darker skin tones.  we buy Urban Decay Naked Palettes, as well.

i bought this set.  I have Naked 1 & 3.  I previously owned Naked 2 but didn't like it that much.  I love Naked2 Basics!  The colors work very well together.  You can blend them to create a different color.  I am a medium cool-toned person with blue eyes.  I love the effect of these colors.  They apply very well and I have not had any creasing with them.

Swatches are nice, but it would be more helpful to provide examples of how to apply the colors, especially on different skin colors.

Nice swatches! Still debating between this one and the Becca Ombre Nudes personally.

Anonymous Insider

I'd have to see in person...colors look at bit flat (to me)

Oh wow! Gorgeous! I have the naked basics, naked, naked 2......at some point in time I just know this will make its way into my collection 😄

I'm definitely getting this palette. I think the color range on this one is better than the first. It'll be a great complimentary palette. 

I love neutral palettes, but this one is not impressive; it's definitely not for me.

It looks really pretty! The colors look really pigmented and I feel like I would get a lot of use out of the shades!

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

The swatches just sealed the deal for me 🙂  I was on the fence, but I really love the way she shades pop on the medium skintone!  Much more portable than my full sized Naked Palettes.  *Throws money at computer screen*

xo, Mia

Hmmm. Lookin' kinda chalky on the darker skin tone.

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos1
  • UD_Naked-Basics-2-v2.jpg
testing