Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

We swatched Urban Decay's NEW Naked Basics palette to see how the colors compared on different skin tones. What do you think?

Naked Basics Palette

Shop the Naked Basics palette (live now!)> http://seph.me/12lqigm

Re: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

O this is super helpful, I've been eyeing this for a while but didn't know if it'd look good on my skintone but according to the pics I need this in my life, lol.

Thus is super helpful, but I can't have palettes where I can't use all of the colors 😯

I would love to have this palette. Thanks for the swatches!

I have it and I LOOOVE it. The Venus shade is the most gorgeous highlighter color, I hope that it will be sold as a single (knowing UD, it prob will).

Anonymous Insider

I'm now a sucker for matte eyeshadows and I'm glad UD came out with this palette.  I went to the store and saw it in the flesh and was underwhelmed with the color choices, etc and thought that I wouldn't have much use for it.  After seeing these swatches, now I know it's a versatile one and perfect for everyday use! I regret not getting it when I was at the store.  Will definitely be getting this the next time I go back.  

Thank you so much for including a swatch for dark skin.  This palette has been on my shopping list for some time but I had some hesitance about purchasing.  Now I know I will!

Anonymous Insider

I love these colors and was ready to order it online. Then I read a comment that it is glittered. I see no other mention of that. Thanks

All the colors are matte but Venus is a demi-matte.

I love this palette so much! I bought it when it first launched on the site and finally used it last night. The funny thing is that I think I even chose those same colors for my light skintone. lol

this is way overdue.  i am glad you show the palette on various skin tones.   great idea.   would've been even better on a real live person though!

I am definitely buying this! Is this sold in Sephora stores or only online? 😃

Well if you go search it up on Sephora it says that it's only avaliable online.

I wish you showed it on actual people with those skin tones. Like to see how to blend them.

The image links are broken.

YAY! Finally an all-matte palate from Urban Decay. Shimmer just isn't seen as professional in so many workplaces. It will be in my basket momentarily!

Hi ladies! The Naked Basics palette is live now on Sephora.com! 

Get it here> http://seph.me/12lqigm

Anonymous Insider

Wow, that palette looks great on dark skin, flawless even.

I don't think I'll be buying it. My skin is light, and I've already got a bunch of nudes.. though I might buy one of the Naked palettes come 2013.

Ha, you beat me to the swatch board, I got my palette the day before yesterday, but was too busy yesterday to get a photo done (I have to have someone else take a picture since I don't have a camera).

Anyways, I wore it yesterday and today and am happily surprised that I really like these matte shades. I usually dislike matte because I think it makes my fine lid lines look worse, but I've always liked Foxy from NAKED 2, so the other colors are a nice addition. I used Foxy on browbone and inner V, Naked 2 on lid and Faint in the crease, excellent look. I'm not sure if I like Crave, it's pretty dark, maybe as powder over a dark brown liner.

Anonymous Insider

@prettyinpa  That look sounds stunning!

I agree with you prettyinpa, usually I'm not keen to the matte colors.  I probably won't invest in this palettes, since I have both Nakeds.  

The colors do look pretty though.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Naked Basics Palette
testing