Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

We swatched the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

UD_electric.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1gRTXCg

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Re: Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

I saw this palette in store yesterday and it is beautiful! And so much more vibrant in person! I love color but I'm on the fence about this. It is sooo bright that I feel it might be too hard to wear everyday. How do you ladies that have this palette feel?

I think it depends on your definition of 'everyday'. My I don't have a set every day look and I'm known around work for wearing bright and colorful shades on my eyes daily that don't look like a hot mess. So for me it's great. If you're just getting into color I feel like this is a good step in to get your feet wet as the colors are very similar and can easily be paired with one another.  

I wear a lot of bright eyeliners and lipsticks but I usually pair them with neutral eye shadows. Do you think you can create full looks with this palette, or do you feel like you need some neutral shades to help tone down the brightness? I love most of the colors (except Thrash, that is nagl for my skin tone) but they were so much brighter in person than I was expecting.

I have pictures of some looks I did with this palette last week here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Take-the-Challenge-Palette-Parade-version-2-0/td-p/1172835

I use neutral colors for my crease/transition colors but that was about it. I didnt feel they were necessary for anything else. 

Those are some pretty looks and they look very wearable to me. Thanks for your help!

I have been wearing it everyday, and I work in an office. So far all good comments on my lids 🙂 

But I wear alot of black, dark colors in the office. So my eyelids tend to be the brightest thing on me 🙂

I just bought this palette and I was actually really wrestling with taking the plunge at all. I wandered around Sephora for like an hour with the palette in my basket, silently wondering if I should buy it. I'll play with it a few days, see how I feel about it, and if I realize it won't get as much use as I thought it would... I'll put it up for trade or return it. 😞 BUT we'll see.

i was looking at your look of the day on the thread and i think with your pretty eye color you will have so much fun with this palette . I'm debating on if i should play with again today lol 

Let me know how you like it! I think the colors are gorgeous, but I'm not sure how much use I would get out of it.

I actually really love bright colors, and I was so excited for this palette. I even wanted to pounce on it the week of release! But after waiting and waiting and going into the store I was feeling... I guess a pang of guilt about it, LOL. I'm sure I'll end up adoring it but I always feel a little guilty when I drop some cash on a lot of makeup!

I love mine so much! I want to buy a second one just to have incase the other one gets broken or something! 

Can any of you ladies ( or gents ) who have this palette tell me just how badly these colors stain the eyelids?

Mine stained alot. I didn't use anything though on my lid, so that is probably it.

I don't mind, I love this so much, I will do anything LOL!!

Mine didnt stain at all.

I actually didn't use a primer yesterday and it still came off w/o a hitch.  I used the two purples, the dark blue, and the hot pink. 

I used a primer & they came right off. 

i used my makeup wipes and there was some minor staining but after i followed with face wash it was completely gone  

I'm sooo torn! I partially want it, partially think it's a waste. I bought the first vice palette thinking it was meant to be, but I rarely use it. It's next up on my list to be depotted into a z-palette. I thinkI could fit these shades in there with it. I know I'll use some of the shades, just not that often. UGH! 

What to do, What to do? 

blue shadow.jpeg

HA! perfect pic to accompany your post!! That's how I feel--I wouldn't get enough use out of it.

get it on Sunday! Haha! I'm the same way, I'm a neutral girl. I have every neutral palette EVER! I also got UD Vice 2, but I want to venture to colors, I just don't know if i'll get enough use out of this one. 

On the other hand, I'm a total palette hoarder, so I feel like I NEEEEEED it

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • UD_electric.jpg
  • original (1).jpg
  • WM CS Warm Palette - last row 4th shade from the right, 7th row 3rd shade from the right, 4th row 7th shade from the right, 3rd row 6th shade from the right, mac nymphette.jpg
  • upload_850185909511859421.png
  • NARS.jpg
  • Revolt.jpg
  • Gonzo.jpg
  • Savage.jpg
  • Slowburn.jpg
  • Fringe.jpg
  • Chaos.jpg
  • Urban.jpg
  • Jilted.jpg
  • Freak.jpg
  • Thrash.jpg