Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

We swatched the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

UD_electric.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1gRTXCg

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Re: Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

I own pretty much the entire line of MM (I really love the monthly manic Monday sales they have where you can get most shadows for $5ea.) and while I am completely obsessed and in love with their loose shadows(I pressed all of mine to help minimize the mess) their pressed shadows really leave me wanting more. Most of the pressed shades are shear and glittery. I really hope this UD palette has good color payoff on the matte shades... But, I've really been tempted to give in and try out sugar pill.

Thanks for the info on both the sales and their pressed pigments! I've used their loose eye dust, but never the pressed. Have you ever tried their lippies? And I keep twitching towards splurging on Sugarpill, but I'd rather get a full set, and they've been sold out for agggesss. Do you know any other places that sell their products?

Pretty much no one has the Sugarpill Pro palette - they've had it at IMATS with promises that it's "coming soon" to their website. I couldn't hold out and bought the three palettes (Sweetheart, Burning Heart, Heart Breaker) separately - it's not a huge difference in price from the announced price of the Pro palette. ($96 vs $90) and I didn't have to wait forever for it to happen. 🙂 

Sugarpill shadows are highly pigmented and blend like a dream. The only word of caution I have on them is that they have fallout at application (and if you get Cold Chemistry, double this warning.) 

The reason I'm not jumping on Electric is that I have all of the Sugarpill shadows and I feel like they've done a more diverse job of bringing me a bright color palette than UD has with this one. No yellow, orange, true red, white, and the greens aren't true-green either. I might eventually cave since this is a permanent addition to the line but not until I can snag it on sale. 🙂 

BeautyLish sells Sugarpill as well as AllCosmeticsWholesale(Their shipping is kinda high and slow in my experience.) and the 4 color palettes are all back in stock on their main site. I just caved in and bought them, lol no self control tonight! 😞

I haven't tried MM's lipsticks yet but the last two times I ordered they included a full size lipgloss as a sample. They smell nice and are sheer and sparkly. I am pretty tempted to try their lippies out next.

I get all my Sugarpill off of Beautylish, free shipping is easier to obtain and they always send the cutest handwritten messages.

I'll admit, a lot of the colours Electric has I already have dupes in individual's or a lot of my Sugarpill/Lime Crime palettes. However, I still want it because some of those colours are (IMHO) drool worthy. I'll be waiting for them to be released in stores though so I can swatch. 😉

There are only two Sugarpill dupes that I can really see, and thats Dollilop and Velocity, and Velocity looks deeper in color. I can't say anything about Lime Crime shadows though because I don't have any. I can compare and contrast on Monday though.  

Since I haven't seen the Electric colours IRL and I probably will be waiting awhile (curses for not living in the USA sometimes), Freak looks similar to the green from Lime Crime's PALETTE D'ANTOINETTE and Fringe looks very similar to the colour in their AQUATAENIA palette.

Dollipop is totally a dupe, hands down.

Flamepoint looks similar to Slowburn on this computer, but on my phone Slowburn looks more reddish. 😕 Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Anonymous Insider

Excited for this!  Can't wait for it to be available!!!

Any hints as to when this will be available on Sephora to buy? 😉

I heard by the end of the month.

😮 It's even better than I expected! This is a definite must have ❤️

So beautiful and pigmented!!! Ahhhhh!!!! HeartHeart

Mine is on the way. I will be sure to swatch it once I get it.

I am so excited about this.

So excited! Looks amazing!

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • UD_electric.jpg
  • original (1).jpg
  • WM CS Warm Palette - last row 4th shade from the right, 7th row 3rd shade from the right, 4th row 7th shade from the right, 3rd row 6th shade from the right, mac nymphette.jpg
  • upload_850185909511859421.png
  • NARS.jpg
  • Revolt.jpg
  • Gonzo.jpg
  • Savage.jpg
  • Slowburn.jpg
  • Fringe.jpg
  • Chaos.jpg
  • Urban.jpg
  • Jilted.jpg
  • Freak.jpg
  • Thrash.jpg