SydBristow

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

[ Edited ]

So I am a bit obsessed with Urban Decay liners.  :smileyhappy:  I especially love the browns, purples and greens for my green eyes, so with my most recent purchase of 1/3rd of the Urban Decay liner vault set (shared with the awesome gals Rikkie and Veronika), I wanted to swatch my full line-up of current UD liners.  A few are vintage or special edition from the Ocho Loco 2 set - I have marked them separately.

Probably my favorite go-to liners right now are Twice Baked or Corrupt for browns, Stash for green, Rockstar or Tornado for purple, plus I love doing slight highlighting accents with Goldmine or Dime.

The photo posted gets downsized a little, to see the full-sized version it is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/61137i6B44A53CA52F49EF/image-size/original...

UDSwatches2.jpg

SydBristow

Re: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

Some time ago I promised a swatch comparing the new UD Black Velvet to Perversion and Zero liners.  It's a bit difficult to get a good photo to show it, but hopefully this helps.  :smileyhappy:

UDBlacks.jpg

LotusBoob

Aaaaaaand now I need Black Velvet. I thought I was satisfied with Perversion, but noooooo!!!! You have to go and show me THIS!!

I must say though, the Black Velvet looks very creamy and smudgey.... how is the wear on that IYO? There's so few reviews out since it's so new, it's hard to tell.

jozkid

(0) Hearts

Perversion is a cooler black and has the same kind of consistency as the regular pencils, in that it goes on really smoothly. It also dries quickly. It really stays more of a line. Black Velvet is a bit warmer black and doesn't slide on as easily as Perversion. It's much more smudge-able and stays workable for longer than Perversion. I think Black Velvet was intended for smokey eye looks. Both have good black coloration, much better than Zero (which always looked gray-out on me). 

At least for me, I like being able to smudge out BV, but P wears better.

jozkid

Am I right, but is Black Velvet a bit of a warmer black and Perversion more of a cool black? I have Zero and it always ends up looking more grayed out on me. Of all my UD pencils, it's actually my least favorite. I have much better luck with the colored ones. Thanks for the swatches!

SydBristow

I did the swatches a while ago, I could go back and do it again if you would like but if I recall, yes, it is a bit warmer. If I recall, it's got the coloring of Zero but the dark presence of Perversion, if that makes sense.

jozkid

Oh gee, no need to re-swatch. I like the formulation of UD pencils a lot, and I think they've actually improved in recent years (my Zero is an older pencil). I've never been really fond of Zero as a color because it doesn't have that presence as you say. I'd rather have something a bit bolder, but I think on me at least, Perversion would look a little too stark. Looking at your swatches, Black Velvet would be a better black for me. So basically, thank you, your swatches have enabled me. :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

I live to UD enable.  :smileywink:

jozkid

Purchased Black Velvet this morning, Ms Syd!

SydBristow

COOL!! :smileyhappy: Please come back to this thread and let us know what you think!! :smileyhappy: hope you love it! :smileyhappy:

jozkid

Hey Syd! Wore the Black Velvet today and I really like it. Much better black than Zero. And I was right about the swatches — Perversion is a cooler black while Black Velvet is warmer. The only weird thing was that Perversion went on more smoothly than Black Velvet when I swatched them at the store. It just seemed to have a creamier consistency. I still opted for BV, though! Thanks for your help!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

So glad you like it!! :smileyhappy:

cutiecocolove

i need to ask you a question.

QUICKLY, a set of all the urban decay liners are available and they are 250 dollars for all. would you get it? or shamefully leave them....

SydBristow

Already did that!! :smileyhappy: So....yes!!

MsStacey1990

(0) Hearts

LOL omg you did!! i wish i could get them but x.x doubt hubby would let me lol! think ill stick to the singles :c

lecia1167

Yes, yes, yes! I love these pencils! I use them as eyeshadows and they are amazing!

SydBristow

Oh, I will have to try that!! :smileyhappy:

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I kinda did it by accident, but they work so great as shadow!

SydBristow

Since this I've added Stray Dog, Lucky, El Dorado, and Midnight Cowboy (all discontinued or LE) to my collection, I should try to photograph in similar light and add the pic!

SirenPrincess

You should. I'd love to see.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Okay...will try to do this coming weekend!  :smileyhappy:  (I need lots of light coming in the window to get the right lighting.)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • veronika23
    • cutiecocolove
    • rikkie
    • jenpred
    • LotusBoob