SydBristow

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

[ Edited ]

So I am a bit obsessed with Urban Decay liners.  :smileyhappy:  I especially love the browns, purples and greens for my green eyes, so with my most recent purchase of 1/3rd of the Urban Decay liner vault set (shared with the awesome gals Rikkie and Veronika), I wanted to swatch my full line-up of current UD liners.  A few are vintage or special edition from the Ocho Loco 2 set - I have marked them separately.

Probably my favorite go-to liners right now are Twice Baked or Corrupt for browns, Stash for green, Rockstar or Tornado for purple, plus I love doing slight highlighting accents with Goldmine or Dime.

The photo posted gets downsized a little, to see the full-sized version it is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/61137i6B44A53CA52F49EF/image-size/original...

UDSwatches2.jpg

itscarin

Re: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

(0) Hearts

Has anyone noticed a difference in the formula between the vintage liners and the new ones?  The mattes obviously behave differently than the metallic ones, but I'm wondering if anyone had an old version of half baked and a new one for comparison.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I have a few of the vintage liners, it may be my imagination but the newer ones may have a touch more staying power? I still wouldn't hesitate to buy vintage or the newer ones. 

vanillammm

Syd, Veronika, and rikkie - how did you 3 decide how to split up the set so perfectly?

Did you take turns picking 1 color at a time? 

SydBristow

It was actually pretty easy and happened kind of fast. :smileyhappy: And we all got what we wanted, it was a great deal! I think we all had our liners within a week too, right?

veronika23

yeah I remember it being super fast.  I was so surprised how fast it got to my house thanks to you beautiful ladies!  Yes it was easy! :smileyhappy:  So happy we did it!

SydBristow

Me too! :smileyhappy:

I thought I would never need another liner again but of course I've purchased a couple of the Naked liners since and got the Black Market set too, lol. :smileyhappy:

veronika23

[ Edited ]

I think we were all talking about this set on a post.  Syd wanted neutrals, Rikkie wanted brights and I wanted a mix of both I guess.  So I listed the colors I wanted, so did Syd and Rikkie. There was very few colors that some of us both wanted and 1 that I had, Rikkie had and Syd didn't want.  Rikkie said she would find it a home I think.  We also made compromises.... like super easy ones when 2 of us wanted the same color :smileywink:

I think I had 11, Syd 13 and Rikkie 16.  We all got what we wanted :smileyhappy:  It worked out perfectly!

It was bought by Syd and she shipped them to us.  The girls were nice enough to bump up my shipping so it would get here faster :smileywink:  (Canada)

Thanks again girls!

gingerblack

I would love to see someones makeup when they are using the bright eyeliners. I never know how.

veronika23

What do you mean by that?  Do you want a pop or color or all bright eye?

gingerblack

When I wrote this I was thinking more of like a pop of colour or something that would work for an everyday look. Whenever I saw coloured eye makeup online it was like full out costume makeup, but now that I've been on BT more I've seen lots of wearable looks with coloured liner. I actually went out and bought some :smileyhappy:

shortstuff07

I'm thinking UD needs to release an "Essentials" kit.  Like Essential Metals, Essential Brights, etc.  

rikkie

What an awesome idea, I'd go for that for sure. Or a build your own Ocho Loco! 

SydBristow

I second that!

ShinyMagpie

All the swatches you all posted are gorgeous! Some of the blues and purples are incredible. Want!!!

veronika23

Woo-Hoo!! It's here!! Fasting shipping ever!!!! Thanks girls!

rsz_img_00000417.jpg

Sabbath, Mainline, Empire, Abyss, Rockstar, Electric, Psychedelic Sister, Smoke, Zero, Cuff, Invasion

SydBristow

Yay!!!

Now I want Cuff and Psychedelic Sister too - GORGEOUS!!  (Like I need more liners...) :smileywink:

shortstuff07

Psychedelic Sister is probably my all time favorite purple.  I like to use it with Ether, and Freak if I'm going out.  So lovely.

rikkie

Oh no! I kind of love those two too! Especially Cuff, they should have included three of that one in the kit for us, hahaha. 

SydBristow

True Confessions: I may have to get a couple of the ones I missed during the holiday promotions - is that bad?!!  :smileyhappy:

veronika23

No but you should get them on sale :smileywink:

SydBristow

Enabler!  LOL  :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 22 in conversation