SydBristow

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

[ Edited ]

So I am a bit obsessed with Urban Decay liners.  :smileyhappy:  I especially love the browns, purples and greens for my green eyes, so with my most recent purchase of 1/3rd of the Urban Decay liner vault set (shared with the awesome gals Rikkie and Veronika), I wanted to swatch my full line-up of current UD liners.  A few are vintage or special edition from the Ocho Loco 2 set - I have marked them separately.

Probably my favorite go-to liners right now are Twice Baked or Corrupt for browns, Stash for green, Rockstar or Tornado for purple, plus I love doing slight highlighting accents with Goldmine or Dime.

The photo posted gets downsized a little, to see the full-sized version it is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/61137i6B44A53CA52F49EF/image-size/original...

UDSwatches2.jpg

veronika23

Re: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

I find empire and rockstar didn't show up as well as I wanted on the pic. :smileysad:

Sabbath and Mainline are probably my favs :smileywink:

SydBristow

Doing the swatch pics is actually really hard!  I had to have my husband take the photo for me for mine, which means he now knows how crazy my liner collection is (usually he can't see them all, they are stored in a box).  To his credit, he didn't say anything,  :smileyvery-happy:

rikkie

[ Edited ]

liner2.png

New formulas on the left, a few vintage colors I had handy on the right for comparison. :smileyhappy: It's a bit cloudy today so I went with indoor lighting, I don't think it shows the light catching sparkles off the best, but it gives an idea of the colors. 

jellybean917

I love Vice. And LSD looks really awesome, but I'm not sure I'd pull it off.

Thanks for posting!

veronika23

I have LSD and it's beautiful.  How about doing them as a pop of color if you really like them? :smileywink:

jellybean917

You make me want to be brave, veronika! Consider me enabled :smileyhappy:

veronika23

:smileywink:  If you need some tips you can just pm me :smileywink:

rikkie

Holy... how many liners do I have? O_O I just found Smoke, Zero, and Rockstar, none of which made it into this picture.

SydBristow

Yay, you got your part of the vault!! Gorgeous colors!!! Hmmmm I may need to get Vice. :smileywink:

rikkie

Definitely check it out in the store! It's got gorgeous purple sparkles that my picture does no justice to!

veronika23

Can't wait to get mine :smileywink:

SydBristow

I can't wait for you to get yours either!!! :smileyhappy:

Ive been dark lining my eyes with Whiskey then doing an accent line with Scorch, I LOVE how it looks!

veronika23

oh must be nice! :smileyhappy:

sugarluvv

Ultraviolet looks gorgeous!

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

I would love to find a way to incorporate some of the brighter colors into my fairly conservative makeup, any ideas? I thought maybe use a thin line over my regular darker liner for a color accent - anyone have other ideas or links?  I do like Ultraviolet as well but not sure how to use it successfully.

pipsqueek1582

(0) Hearts

Sometimes I like to use my brighter colored shadows over my black liner...just a bit on the inner corner of the lower line....then blend towards the middle of the lower line. Lately I've been using just the UD shadow...sparkly silver-can't remember the name at the moment!- to line the lower lashes and black for upper lash line. For some reason I have better luck using shadows to line...for me, the UD liners just don't stay put...which is really sad cause I love them!

veronika23

You could do neutral on the lids and a pop of color with a line below your eye, right at the lash line but not on the waterline.  Smudge it a little to get a better and softer effect :smileywink:

glossyguru

I think that going over a normal liner would work, or maybe slightly over for a bit of a pop. Even a gradient liner with the color in the middle and your normal black or brown on the outsides

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Oooooooo, thanks for the ideas glossyguru!  I'll give those a try. I've been looking up some ideas on Google too. :smileyhappy:

properandlovely

I have been thinking about purchasing the Ocho Loco set, but I didn't really find it to be a necessity. Though, I just saw swatches for them and now I HAVE to get them. I don't own any UD liners, but all of these swatches I am seeing are really making me want to try them! Thanks for posting :smileyhappy:

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

You're welcome! I got Ocho Loco 2 the day it was listed on Sephora and am so glad I did! It's a super deal if you look at your final price per liner, plus the limited edition colors are fantastic! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • veronika23
    • cutiecocolove
    • rikkie
    • jenpred
    • LotusBoob