Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Tarte Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette

We swatched the Tarte tartelette Eyeshadow Palette to see how the colors looked on different skin tones. Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Tarte_Tartrlette.jpg

Shop this palette> 

Re: Tarte Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette

Sorry, I know it's blurry. But this is my pic of the tartelette palette. You can see the colors don't look the same in person as on the pic that is posted on sephora. If you are a deep or dark complexion, I wouldn't recommend this palette. This will be my first time having to return something from sephora.

t.jpg

I ordered my palette yesterday with my $20 coupon and I can't wait to get it. I have plenty of neutral single shades that I have in a mac palette, but this will be so much easier to travel with. I love that they took the guess work of what colors go well with what. I'm sure this and the original chocolate bar palette will be my go to palettes for neutral eyes especially when I'm away from home. 

One of my friends compared it to the naked 3 and I strongly disagree. I have the naked three and it has MAYBE one color that is similar, otherwise, not at all. 

"I have way too many neutrals in my collection" Said no woman, ever.

(I'm still passing on this, tho)

Anybody have any comments on the quality relative to other popular palettes/matte shades? 

Side note: The shade names are completely brutal. And is it just me or is "tartelette" actually not a great term... I feel like I've heard it before in a negative context.

The names are a little too "this describes all the many facets of womanhood!" I do not need my eyeshadow to double as a daily affirmation script.

The names make me uncomfortable. Like this palette was designed for the stereotypical soccer mom who whispers to herself "I AM a free spirit and a super mom!" when she puts on her eyeshadow. 

That is exactly what I was thinking.

All these colors -- expect one -- I can find in my current collection. Any ideas of what a good dupe for "Natural Beauty" would be? 

Maybe Urban Decay **bleep** in the N3? or a nyx matte eyeshadow? The names escape me but they have a few matte purple-y taupes

im gla that its pigmented on darker skintones but the colors seem way too similar as a whole

I absolutely love mattes and that middle row brings me such joy, but the rest of the palette seems a bit unnecessary for me... I already have enough brown tones to last a lifetime.

Thank you:)

Tx xoxcrystal!  ~KAM 🙂

Wow--do you think they swatched all the colors on the pale skin?!  That's what I look like; think I can pass.

I love seeing this on multiple skin tones! I'm very interested! 

Anonymous Insider

Wow - another eyeshadow palette that doesn't seem to look too chalky on darker skin tones! I wonder if this will be available on QVC UK, as most Tarte products are, and my daughter's would love this! 🙂

I bought this during tarte's early release on their website. It is absolutely beautiful. I like to take it out and just look at  it. It said it'd be released again in the early spring. Keep alert! It retailed for $44 (I'm 99% sure) 

I got it during the early release too!  I'm in love with it!

Release date?

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Tarte_Tartrlette.jpg
  • t.jpg
testing