THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Does anyone have a swatch of KVD's Plath and Hawkwind? I'm trying to make up my mind here. Thank you Smiley Happy

i found one the other day when i was searching @niki172!

plath is much redder, and a favorite of mine Smiley Happy

Thanks so much @unfungirl! I still haven't made up my mind Smiley Very Happy. But I am leaving towards Plath.

you're welcome @niki172! i have to say i have both, and love them both, but plath is my favorite of the two <3

@niki172 I don't have Plath but here is Hawkwind swatched against Lolita and Lolita 2:

L L2 HW.JPG

Spoiler
Hawkwind on my lips.Lip Swatch.JPG

Thank you @alexasteph! Kinda similar to both Lolitas hmmmm. It's very pretty on you Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

@niki172 Thank you! Yes, it wears like a darker Lolita on me, but less terra cotta than Lolita 2. Definitely similar color families though! I think Plath is a little more brick red if I'm remembering it correctly.

IMG_3180.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've already seen it mentioned on BT that Charlotte Tilbury's Electric Poppy and Lost Cherry are dupes for each other, but I just got a sample of EP and wanted to see for myself.

Left: Lost Cherry

Right: Electric Poppy

Does anyone have Nars 'Nico' that wouldn't mind swatching it for me? Thoughts as well?

Hi @StephaniLynn, here is a swatch of Nars Nico (finger swatch by the lip liner line and blended up to my wrist) and below it Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight 1. My Nico is much loved. It is a very natural and subtle highlighter, all satin on the skin, even though a few sparse shimmers show in the pan they don't seem to transfer. I've worn it a lot because my job sometimes requires me to work outside and I don't like any glitters on my face in sunlight. I swatched the LM with it, because I thought they were similar but the LM is cooler and more shimmery. 

Nico is really one of those highlighters that shows only at just the right angle. Even in my swatch, it's only really reflecting in the center. It's pretty much the same color of my skin. I've also used it all over with a powder brush, the effect is a blurred all over glow, like Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It's good stuff in my opinion, but I think mileage may vary based on what you want..

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Anyone who owns Jouer Brique lip cream, How close it is IRL to this lip swatch. 

IMG_5969.PNG

Unsolicited swatches of some new MJ Matte liners and CoverFX Halo

i was REALLY impressed by both products! 

IMG_1350.JPG

(0) Hearts

OMG @lachaton. I recognized the matte liners  from the thumbnail - my daughter swatched all of them at SiJCP a few days ago and kept the swatches on her arm all day so we could keep admiring the colors! ❤️❤️❤️

I bought the grape one and it was beautiful and so smooth, but it did NOT stay on my water line. The high liners do a decent job, but these came off so quickly Smiley Sad 

All of the liners swatch beautifully!

I saw on one of the threads that somebody wanted Wet n Wild highlighter swatches. Sorry for the lighting.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

The blended out swatches were done with my finger not a brush. The pink one could be high end, it's that smooth. The purple one is a little less smooth and a little more shimmery but still really nice. Both of these are pretty light-skin friendly. 

I think I promised this and now, thanks to @heartsmyface I can.

Glowing Gardens pink on the left and shimmering sculpting powder on the right/top.  They're super close but I think the new one is slightly more pigmented and less glittery.  So if you missed the GG you can still get the (slightly) better of the two.  Gorgeous!!!

dior one.jpgdior2.jpg

Thank you @meganlisa! I've been wanting to see these two side by side Smiley Happy

Very pretty Smiley Very Happy 

(0) Hearts

Would anyone be willing to swatch coverfx custom cover drops in N10 alongside either mac nw10 or mac nc10?

Would anyone be able to provide a swatch of the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14? I have Ivory 12 and it is waaaaay too yellow. I also had tried Ivory Light 10 in the past and it was far too light. I've been using EL DW in 1N2 Ecru and have been very happy with the colour. According to Sephora's Colour IQ, this has the same number as the Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14. Somehow I have my doubts, but I'm curious to know if anyone can confirm it. I really like the Re(marc)able foundation, but the shade selection is driving me crazy. -__-