THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@TKLJ You're so sweet! Thank you! I think I have a couple of shades that are close. Tarte's blush in a new kit I bought and the blush in the new Sonia Kashuk face palette seem to be similar even if they're not matte. I'm gonna look at Modern Mandarin and Clinique's Fig pop. For some reason I'm on an orange blush kick lately.

Not requested but since this is a newer brand to Sephora and I've been on a little bit of a swatch kick I thought I'd share these here. I ordered a Stellar Infinite Lipstick in the shade Super Sonic 01. I also compared it against the other reds in my collection. I think it's closest to Smashbox's Fig (4th from the top). 

The Stellar shade is on the bottom and the rest of the shades are listed from the bottom going up. (Basically in reverse order of how this pic looks, sorry if that's confusing. I should have taken better notes!)

Stellar - Super Sonic 01
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip - Beso (I think! The little color sticker has fallen off so I'm working off of my memory.)
Bite Pigment Pencil - Cranberry
Marc Jacobs - So Rouge
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick - Bite for VIB Rouge
Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural N9
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream - Port
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick - Fig
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella
Make Up For Ever - Lip Fever Red Hot Balm
Clinique Pop - Cola Pop

IMG_3262.JPG

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks I love Stellar too! Bought a few of them if anyone else would like to see some. I really like the colors, texture and pigments. Do you? Basically I have your same assortment of reds too! Same wheelhouse I think! 😀 I got some Natasha D also and really like the tints etc.  

(0) Hearts

@Sunnysmom I'm loving it! I bought eight different brands of lipsticks during the sale and after wearing my new Tom Ford lipstick (had to try the Tom Ford first haha!) I made a beeline to the Stellar and it is fab. I'm interested in trying other products from the line because I'm really impressed with the lipstick. 

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks how fun! Lippies are def my weakness! Always looking for the next great perfect red! I bought maybe 4 of Stellar's and a blush and it's so pretty! Love the case with the little brush under it too. That was a surprise!! Keep me posted on your reds please! ☺️😘

Unsolicited swatches for anyone that might be curious about the differences between the Lancôme juicy shaker vs matte shaker.  Matte shaker on the bottom in #374, Kiss me Chérie, Juicy shaker on the top in #151, Cherry Symphony.  

shakers.png

Second photo is of the stain they leave after about 5 minutes on my skin (washed vigorously with soap and water).  

stain.png

More detailed review here, if you're interested! Smiley Happy  

Spoiler
You can see the juicy shaker leaves a slight stain, but the matte shaker definitely does leave a significant stain. I don't find the matte shaker to be uncomfortable or drying at all.  I did add gloss to the top of it after wearing it for a few hours, but the color fades beautifully, and lasts through eating, drinking, etc.  A note though - it never dries down to a real matte on my lips - it does transfer and smudge easily.  

Also, I do find that the matte shaker has a bit of a chemicall-y taste to it - similar to some of the other shades of the juicy shaker.  

wow! that's way more pigmented than i expected. it's pretty but i don't like that it has a taste / transfers easily. thanks for reviewing it tho Smiley Happy @Milou07

Does anyone have a swatch of KVD's Plath and Hawkwind? I'm trying to make up my mind here. Thank you Smiley Happy

i found one the other day when i was searching @niki172!

plath is much redder, and a favorite of mine Smiley Happy

Thanks so much @unfungirl! I still haven't made up my mind Smiley Very Happy. But I am leaving towards Plath.

you're welcome @niki172! i have to say i have both, and love them both, but plath is my favorite of the two <3

@niki172 I don't have Plath but here is Hawkwind swatched against Lolita and Lolita 2:

L L2 HW.JPG

Spoiler
Hawkwind on my lips.Lip Swatch.JPG

Thank you @alexasteph! Kinda similar to both Lolitas hmmmm. It's very pretty on you Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

@niki172 Thank you! Yes, it wears like a darker Lolita on me, but less terra cotta than Lolita 2. Definitely similar color families though! I think Plath is a little more brick red if I'm remembering it correctly.

IMG_3180.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've already seen it mentioned on BT that Charlotte Tilbury's Electric Poppy and Lost Cherry are dupes for each other, but I just got a sample of EP and wanted to see for myself.

Left: Lost Cherry

Right: Electric Poppy

Does anyone have Nars 'Nico' that wouldn't mind swatching it for me? Thoughts as well?

Hi @StephaniLynn, here is a swatch of Nars Nico (finger swatch by the lip liner line and blended up to my wrist) and below it Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight 1. My Nico is much loved. It is a very natural and subtle highlighter, all satin on the skin, even though a few sparse shimmers show in the pan they don't seem to transfer. I've worn it a lot because my job sometimes requires me to work outside and I don't like any glitters on my face in sunlight. I swatched the LM with it, because I thought they were similar but the LM is cooler and more shimmery. 

Nico is really one of those highlighters that shows only at just the right angle. Even in my swatch, it's only really reflecting in the center. It's pretty much the same color of my skin. I've also used it all over with a powder brush, the effect is a blurred all over glow, like Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It's good stuff in my opinion, but I think mileage may vary based on what you want..

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Anyone who owns Jouer Brique lip cream, How close it is IRL to this lip swatch. 

IMG_5969.PNG

Unsolicited swatches of some new MJ Matte liners and CoverFX Halo

i was REALLY impressed by both products! 

IMG_1350.JPG

(0) Hearts

OMG @lachaton. I recognized the matte liners  from the thumbnail - my daughter swatched all of them at SiJCP a few days ago and kept the swatches on her arm all day so we could keep admiring the colors! ❤️❤️❤️

I bought the grape one and it was beautiful and so smooth, but it did NOT stay on my water line. The high liners do a decent job, but these came off so quickly Smiley Sad