THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@niki172 Yes, it is the coconut one. No need to feel terrible. It looks different on us, and that is not your "fault" by any means. My mind was already set on it, anyway. It didn't look orange one bit in any photos I've seen online before purchasing. And by asking here on BT, I just wanted a "confirmation" that it is fair skin friendly ( not too dark/subtle enough ). It didn't look orange in the pan, either. But, once on my face... Oh, boy! So very muddy, orange and wrong. I have that problem with most bronzers. So, please don't feel bad about any of it. You said it is light enough for fair skin, and that is totally true! It can be very subtle used with a fluffy brush.

Also not requested but I couldnt find the active Marc Jacobs thread so I'm posting here:

In order from left to right (assuming it will show up properly for everyone):

Kate lipstick, Work It! gloss, Call Me! gloss, Cherry Moon gloss, Sugar Sugar gloss and then Forbidden Fruit gloss.

I love it all, and if any of you want lip swatches let me know because I took those too, just didnt post because it's too many photos.  The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Work It! is really dark... I found a swatch online that wasn't as dark looking at all.  Oh well.

mjstuff.jpg

(0) Hearts

@sabrinas I'm surprised to see that Forbidden Fruit is so light and peachy! On the MJ website it looks like a bright tangerine orange. I wouldn't have bought it based on the website description, but this swatch is gorgeous!  

Spoiler

(0) Hearts

Wow Kate is much deeper than I was expecting.  I'd be all over this for fall but right now it's just not pulling me in.  

Thanks for sharing the swatches. I love the MJ glosses!  

May I please see Kate on you @sabrinas? What looks great on you looks good on me Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!

Sure thing Smiley Very Happy Here you go! Taken in natural daylight, however it's cloudy and gross outside so photo is more cool than usual. @niki172

katelip.jpg

(0) Hearts

There isn't a shade of lipstick that doesn't suit you! You look lovely. 

Ooohhh so pretty! In your expert opinion - is this a must have? Thank you very much @sabrinas

YES! Get it.  It's honestly better than I expected.  Very rich and beautiful.  It's a deep rose/berry/mauve.  Its beautifulllll Smiley Very Happy @niki172

Just push me over the edge there @sabrinas Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

It also helps that today is the last day to get 20% off on the MJ website Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

[ Edited ]

I am somewhat painfully aware of that lol.

Obviously not that painful as I just placed my order Smiley Tongue. 3 orders today from 3 different places I think my credit card needs a break (until tomorrow) Smiley Happy.

Not requested, but I saw a display for Stellar cosmetics at a new Sephora and I had to swatch the Metallic Moon Lipsticks and the Cosmic blushes. I'm not sure if this line will be in all stores, so I figured this could be helpful. 

From the top these are Disco Moon 1, Disco Moon 05, Disco Moon 02, Disco Moon 03, Disco Moon 04

image.jpeg

I did two angles to show the undertone and the reflective colors. 1&5 seem to be pure metallic. 2, 3, and 4 are metallic with some glitter bits. It seemed like 3 could be prone to some glitter fall out, but it could have been a dried out tester. They all look very pretty in person, and felt creamy om my hand. 2 & 5 are very pretty in person!

image.jpeg

From wrist down these are Cosmic Blush in Eclipse, Beam, and Flare. Eclipse and flare are very very luminous. All three feel very buttery and apply smoothly. This color is built up a little, they could be worn quite sheer. Beam is luminous too, but it does not have the shimmer that the others do. 

Big it thanks to my dog, the ever patient background fur model/hand rest!

Orange blush swatches for @makeitup305, comparing Nars Gilda with others.

blush1a.JPG

blush2a.JPG

blush3a.JPG

Gina's the closest, with Dim Infusion and Lover as next closest.

@TKLJ You're so sweet! Thank you! I think I have a couple of shades that are close. Tarte's blush in a new kit I bought and the blush in the new Sonia Kashuk face palette seem to be similar even if they're not matte. I'm gonna look at Modern Mandarin and Clinique's Fig pop. For some reason I'm on an orange blush kick lately.

Not requested but since this is a newer brand to Sephora and I've been on a little bit of a swatch kick I thought I'd share these here. I ordered a Stellar Infinite Lipstick in the shade Super Sonic 01. I also compared it against the other reds in my collection. I think it's closest to Smashbox's Fig (4th from the top). 

The Stellar shade is on the bottom and the rest of the shades are listed from the bottom going up. (Basically in reverse order of how this pic looks, sorry if that's confusing. I should have taken better notes!)

Stellar - Super Sonic 01
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip - Beso (I think! The little color sticker has fallen off so I'm working off of my memory.)
Bite Pigment Pencil - Cranberry
Marc Jacobs - So Rouge
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick - Bite for VIB Rouge
Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural N9
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream - Port
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick - Fig
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella
Make Up For Ever - Lip Fever Red Hot Balm
Clinique Pop - Cola Pop

IMG_3262.JPG

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks I love Stellar too! Bought a few of them if anyone else would like to see some. I really like the colors, texture and pigments. Do you? Basically I have your same assortment of reds too! Same wheelhouse I think! 😀 I got some Natasha D also and really like the tints etc.  

(0) Hearts

@Sunnysmom I'm loving it! I bought eight different brands of lipsticks during the sale and after wearing my new Tom Ford lipstick (had to try the Tom Ford first haha!) I made a beeline to the Stellar and it is fab. I'm interested in trying other products from the line because I'm really impressed with the lipstick. 

(0) Hearts

@starsandbucks how fun! Lippies are def my weakness! Always looking for the next great perfect red! I bought maybe 4 of Stellar's and a blush and it's so pretty! Love the case with the little brush under it too. That was a surprise!! Keep me posted on your reds please! ☺️😘

Unsolicited swatches for anyone that might be curious about the differences between the Lancôme juicy shaker vs matte shaker.  Matte shaker on the bottom in #374, Kiss me Chérie, Juicy shaker on the top in #151, Cherry Symphony.  

shakers.png

Second photo is of the stain they leave after about 5 minutes on my skin (washed vigorously with soap and water).  

stain.png

More detailed review here, if you're interested! Smiley Happy  

Spoiler
You can see the juicy shaker leaves a slight stain, but the matte shaker definitely does leave a significant stain. I don't find the matte shaker to be uncomfortable or drying at all.  I did add gloss to the top of it after wearing it for a few hours, but the color fades beautifully, and lasts through eating, drinking, etc.  A note though - it never dries down to a real matte on my lips - it does transfer and smudge easily.  

Also, I do find that the matte shaker has a bit of a chemicall-y taste to it - similar to some of the other shades of the juicy shaker.  

wow! that's way more pigmented than i expected. it's pretty but i don't like that it has a taste / transfers easily. thanks for reviewing it tho Smiley Happy @Milou07