Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I have swatches of the MJ Coconut bronzer and Bali Sands (and a few others...) @Madeline7 🙂 

There are taken indoors, by a window. To me, the MJ bronzer looks more brown than Bali Sands.

1.jpg

Top to bottom:

Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow bronzer

Hourglass Nude Bronze Light bronzer

Tom Ford Terra bronzer

MJ Coconut O!Mega bronzer

Becca Bali Sands bronzer

Size by side of Bali Sands (left) and MJ's Coconut bronzer (right):

Spoiler
11.jpg

😄 😄 😄  thank you!!!  this is awesome @Asche!

Right now the only bronzer I own is the MJ one.  I love the texture but I wanted to try something lighter...is the glitter in the Becca one noticeable when worn?  

@Madeline7 I don't notice any glitter in Bali Sands at all! Even in the pan I barely see any glitter at all. It looks really soft and natural on my skin, definitely not shimmery/glittery. 🙂

@Madeline7 I don't have Bali Sands but from swatches I've seen online it's lighter than both, but definitely closer to the Milk Chocolate. Here is temptalia's swatch of the coconut bronzer and Bali Sands.

IMG_0136.PNG

Some unsolicited swatches.

NUDESTIX Nudies all over face Colorado Matte. The formula is not powdery like Bite multisticks but a lot more creamy and glides on smoothly. 

L-R : Bare Back, In The Nude, Naughty N' Spice, Bondi Bae

IMG_6594.JPG

I also tried these Nudies Nudestix at the store today. So glad they are quite different than the multisticks as those were brutally dry on me..This, I was able to wear comfortably on the lips..and it is quite pigmented for the eyes/cheeks. Not tacky and dries down a bit but I will say that like any such product this can be prone to creasing on the lids so maybe setting with a powder may be required. I loved thw shades In the nude and naughty n spice on me. 

Thanks for the swatches, @fatimamummy. I was eying this product but I couldn't find many reviews since it's a new product. I like the stuff I tried from Nudestix so will look into getting one of them when there's a sale!

Thank you for these! I've been looking for a shade like In The Nude 🙂

Thank you @fatimamummy!  I want to pick up a few of these to try out since I love the Bite Multisticks so much and these swatches are very helpful! 

I'm gonna try and enable again.  The Stila Glitterati top coat for lips IS AMAZING! Holy wow.  If you have matte lipsticks which you sometimes wish had some oomph to them, BUY THIS.

I impulsively bought the Transcend shade yesterday while I was at Ulta getting my haircut (I also tried their new glitter liquid eyeshadows and those were fantastic, but I didnt get any because ya know, trying to limit my makeup spending).

In the photos below, I am wearing NYX Lip Lingerie in Seduction both WITH the topcoat and without, so you can see the huge difference!  PS it is also on my top lip but since it's angled downwards, the camera didn't pick up the glitter on my top lip.

I also find the topcoat changes colors based on the base.  So it looked really silver over this color, but over pinks/reds it looks more like a pinky glitter.

The stuff also stays on and isn't sticky at all.  It lasted 5 hours with drinking water, and then faded on the inner lips once I had some oily foods.

seduction.jpgseduction2.jpg

@@Sabrinas you are such a wiz-ord! Cool look. I like to add a dot of a thicker gloss like ABH or a thicker lipglide or Chantecaille's new one if mine get too dry and find it doesn't change color or clump up texture etc too. U have any other favs? I love the NYX brighter ones too. Such a nice value. 

@sabrinas Thanks for sharing. It's so pretty!

Did it change the texture of the liquid lipstick, and make it less transfer-proof? Did you get a chance to try out the other shade Ignite? The shade description (transparent berry sparkle) makes me very curious.

@sabrinas Wow that looks incredible. Thank You for sharing. Maybe my solution for a few liquid lipsticks that once dry down on me look to ashen, so I never wear them. 

I need this!!!!! It looks gorgeous

I've just discovered NARS has a lipstick called Walkyrie. I'm a big mythology buff and I was wondering if anyone has it and could swatch it? I looked at some online, but would love to see more. If you have an old selfie or something of it worn, even better! I think I am going to pick it up regardless because NARS lip pencils are awesome and they chose a great name (my gamertag for blizzard games is valkyrie ironically hah)

Ohh finally a request I can help with (I'm about a NC25 right now). Thanks for reminding me how much I love this lipstick. Definitely one of the better formulated Nars Matte Lip Pencils. Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.16.53 PM.png

@Tofu Thank you so much! It looks great on you! I like how it's brown/red/slight pink at the same time! seems great for all seasons (except maybe summer daytime!)

@flyte I may have a photo of me wearing it around somewhere, but for now here's a swatch

its a lovely muted shade.

IMG_4284.PNG

@Mochapj thank you so much! i'm actually currently loving provacative red too and it seems this + walkyrie might be my new loves!

Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp vs. ABH Modern Renaissance and Tom Ford Honeymoon for @flyte. (Note: for the quads, they're numbered clockwise from top left.)

ct1.jpg

ct2-3.jpg

ct4.jpg

It was hard for me to photograph the light shimmers, but you can probably imagine what a gold shimmer looks like. 😉

thank you so much! you are amazing!

i guess i am on my way to collecting every shade of burgundy (they're all so similar but different!)

1 Reply
testing