Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@Randell Thank you so much! You know how it is, everything is lost in the sauce. 😄

Some unsolicited swaches comparing the Bite multisticks to the Nudestix Matte Nudies

The four vertical swatches are multisticks. Top row: Cashew, Creme Caramel; Bottom row: Blondie, Honeywheat

The top three horizontal swatches are nudies - Bareback, In the Nude, Bondi Bae.

20170527_112613.jpg

@kso1225 Thanks for the swatches! Honeywheat looks so special! Might have to pick it up;)

@Babypeachist I definitely recommend honeywheat!  It's one of my favorite multistick shades - perfect for light bronzing and a crease shade which doesn't sound like much but it brings so much life to my face.

Made a quick stop at Nordies to check out the new Guerlain Birthday Candle Meteorites and Baby glow touch Stick Luminizer. 

There wasn't an SA at the counter so I could not ask if the Stick is meant to be used under/over foundation, or if its kinda like a blush/highlight (depending what side of the stick used more I guess) since it sheers out quite a bit once blended out. The finish doesn't seem to be tacky just a satin like glow. The scent is just like the pearls. 6g of product iirc.

Still on the fence if I need this since I am not sure how it looks on my skin, I like the glow but the individual colours look kinda ashy..Hope this kinda helps I know a couple people asked if I get it or swatch it. @lachaton @twilightnicky

Not the best lighting but here are swatches:

Left/top is the stick swirled and swiped, rest are the 3 individual colors (pink, lilac, white).

Screenshot_20170507-010548.jpg

Screenshot_20170507-010628.jpg

So helpful, @Anewxa, thank you! I'm not sure how I'd use it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by my counter and speak to the SA to see her thoughts 🙂 I like the colours of this stick, though.

@lachaton I do like the swirled effect..but I want to know more about the product as well, on me it is most likely just going to be highlight..let me know if you swatch this/thoughts and what the SA's suggested usage is 🙂 

I think I promised this and now, thanks to @heartsmyface I can.

Glowing Gardens pink on the left and shimmering sculpting powder on the right/top.  They're super close but I think the new one is slightly more pigmented and less glittery.  So if you missed the GG you can still get the (slightly) better of the two.  Gorgeous!!!

dior one.jpgdior2.jpg

Thank you @meganlisa! I've been wanting to see these two side by side 🙂

Very pretty 😄 

Here are the new Smashbox Be Legendary Metallic Liquid pigments, in the Sephora description it says it's a "liquid lip formula in a mirror-like, metallic finish that glides on maxed-out color in a single coat."

I disagree.

The two lighter colours took a few swipes to build up this intensity. It's not sheer, but it doesn't apply evenly in one coat. The swatches never dried down, and still felt stickyish when I wiped them off with a Kleenex.

Pretty if glosses are your thing, but as someone who prefers liquid lipstick over anything else, it's not my cup of tea.

Petal Metal, Mauve Squad, Brains 'N Bronze

IMG_0444.JPG

I may have to pickup the Mauve Squad! 

Beautiful colors and the info is always appreciated. @k617

Here is a swatch (not the best I apologize I swatched in store on my lunch break) of the new Lise Watier Blossom Beauty Blush. It is a beautiful pinky peach blush with a bit of gold shimmer in it.

swatch.jpg

upload_6280167537876051694.jpg

@virgo87 omg the packaging only is enough to suck me in, let alone the gorgeous dusty peach shade! I need this!

@EmmyLove 

I know the packaging is stunning. It is a gorgeous blush on and really brightens the face. I hope you get it as I don't think you will regret it.

Anyone lucky enough to have the new LE Guerlain Meteorites Kiss Kiss (564 Rosy Glow or 565 Blossom Glow), or the Meteorites Happy Glow Pearls? I would love to see some swatches! 

(X-Post with Guerlain thread)

The collection arrived to my friendly neighborhood Guerlain counter. 

I tried the lipsticks from the spring 2017 collection. They are very pink, but pretty. The three photos on the right were in store lighting. Left is natural light (North facing window).

564 is a light pink, 565 has a little more pop.

I also tried the LE blush & meteorites. They had too much glitter for my tastes, so I passed.

IMG_7832.JPG

@SheWhoSkis I got the Happy glow pearls and blush. They shipped yesterday night. I'll post swatches when they get here. 

I never tried Huda liquid lipsticks..but these ones from the sets feel quite watery and sheer..are they usually like this?

I feel maybe there is product seperation as more oil than pigment was being applied..I shook best I could. On the lips, not the best feeling and stung a little (odd)..Bombshell is the worst very watery, trophy wife and trendsetter are the better ones. Both Vixen and famous are bit patchy. Here they couple layers to even out..swatches if it helps anyone..

Spoiler

20161111_171549.png
Screenshot_20161111-171454.jpg

@Anewxa I've got store swatches I tried for fun 

hudabeautyswatch.jpg

I didn't get the feeling that they were sheer, but maybe that's because I never tried them on my lips? Or maybe it's a bad batch 😞 

Wish I had more pics to show you, because those swatches dried down quite nicely 

2 Replies
testing