THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

[ Edited ]

I also tried these Nudies Nudestix at the store today. So glad they are quite different than the multisticks as those were brutally dry on me..This, I was able to wear comfortably on the lips..and it is quite pigmented for the eyes/cheeks. Not tacky and dries down a bit but I will say that like any such product this can be prone to creasing on the lids so maybe setting with a powder may be required. I loved thw shades In the nude and naughty n spice on me. 

Thanks for the swatches, @fatimamummy. I was eying this product but I couldn't find many reviews since it's a new product. I like the stuff I tried from Nudestix so will look into getting one of them when there's a sale!

Thank you for these! I've been looking for a shade like In The Nude Smiley Happy

Thank you @fatimamummy!  I want to pick up a few of these to try out since I love the Bite Multisticks so much and these swatches are very helpful! 

[ Edited ]

Cross-posting. MJ Omega Tan Tastic bronzer on me. I thought this was not supposed to be orange and so warm. And not so muddy. Ugh...

The formula and the finish are fantastic, though!

mjtantastic2.jpg

(0) Hearts

@lyravega I see what you mean about the color, totally different on you than me. Have you seen the EL x VB collab? They have a new bronzer shade called Saffron Sun that might replace this one. 

[ Edited ]

@lyravega is this the coconut one? I'm sorry this doesn't work for you Smiley Sad. In the store (and when I got outside to walk to my car) it wasn't orange or muddy on me at all. I *thought* I talked to you about this one. I feel terrible Smiley Sad.

@niki172 Yes, it is the coconut one. No need to feel terrible. It looks different on us, and that is not your "fault" by any means. My mind was already set on it, anyway. It didn't look orange one bit in any photos I've seen online before purchasing. And by asking here on BT, I just wanted a "confirmation" that it is fair skin friendly ( not too dark/subtle enough ). It didn't look orange in the pan, either. But, once on my face... Oh, boy! So very muddy, orange and wrong. I have that problem with most bronzers. So, please don't feel bad about any of it. You said it is light enough for fair skin, and that is totally true! It can be very subtle used with a fluffy brush.

Also not requested but I couldnt find the active Marc Jacobs thread so I'm posting here:

In order from left to right (assuming it will show up properly for everyone):

Kate lipstick, Work It! gloss, Call Me! gloss, Cherry Moon gloss, Sugar Sugar gloss and then Forbidden Fruit gloss.

I love it all, and if any of you want lip swatches let me know because I took those too, just didnt post because it's too many photos.  The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Work It! is really dark... I found a swatch online that wasn't as dark looking at all.  Oh well.

mjstuff.jpg

(0) Hearts

@sabrinas I'm surprised to see that Forbidden Fruit is so light and peachy! On the MJ website it looks like a bright tangerine orange. I wouldn't have bought it based on the website description, but this swatch is gorgeous!  

Spoiler

(0) Hearts

Wow Kate is much deeper than I was expecting.  I'd be all over this for fall but right now it's just not pulling me in.  

Thanks for sharing the swatches. I love the MJ glosses!  

May I please see Kate on you @sabrinas? What looks great on you looks good on me Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!

Sure thing Smiley Very Happy Here you go! Taken in natural daylight, however it's cloudy and gross outside so photo is more cool than usual. @niki172

katelip.jpg

(0) Hearts

There isn't a shade of lipstick that doesn't suit you! You look lovely. 

Ooohhh so pretty! In your expert opinion - is this a must have? Thank you very much @sabrinas

YES! Get it.  It's honestly better than I expected.  Very rich and beautiful.  It's a deep rose/berry/mauve.  Its beautifulllll Smiley Very Happy @niki172

Just push me over the edge there @sabrinas Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

It also helps that today is the last day to get 20% off on the MJ website Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

[ Edited ]

I am somewhat painfully aware of that lol.

Obviously not that painful as I just placed my order Smiley Tongue. 3 orders today from 3 different places I think my credit card needs a break (until tomorrow) Smiley Happy.

Not requested, but I saw a display for Stellar cosmetics at a new Sephora and I had to swatch the Metallic Moon Lipsticks and the Cosmic blushes. I'm not sure if this line will be in all stores, so I figured this could be helpful. 

From the top these are Disco Moon 1, Disco Moon 05, Disco Moon 02, Disco Moon 03, Disco Moon 04

image.jpeg

I did two angles to show the undertone and the reflective colors. 1&5 seem to be pure metallic. 2, 3, and 4 are metallic with some glitter bits. It seemed like 3 could be prone to some glitter fall out, but it could have been a dried out tester. They all look very pretty in person, and felt creamy om my hand. 2 & 5 are very pretty in person!

image.jpeg

From wrist down these are Cosmic Blush in Eclipse, Beam, and Flare. Eclipse and flare are very very luminous. All three feel very buttery and apply smoothly. This color is built up a little, they could be worn quite sheer. Beam is luminous too, but it does not have the shimmer that the others do. 

Big it thanks to my dog, the ever patient background fur model/hand rest!

Orange blush swatches for @makeitup305, comparing Nars Gilda with others.

blush1a.JPG

blush2a.JPG

blush3a.JPG

Gina's the closest, with Dim Infusion and Lover as next closest.