Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thought I would share some swatches on darker skin tones. I was kind of disappointed in the colour payoff of the swatches in the Natasha Denona Tropic palette. Given the price tag I was hoping for more pigment in the middle three shades of the bottom row.

Natasha Denona: Botton Row & Middle row two from the right.Natasha Denona: Botton Row & Middle row two from the right.

A little powdery, but great pigmentation int he palette .Very similar to the Modern Renaissance formula.

Top Row fo the Anastasia Soft GlamTop Row fo the Anastasia Soft Glam

They are really buttery and great value for $30 CAD.

Natasha Denona: Mini Sunset PaletteNatasha Denona: Mini Sunset Palette

@Aaliaa @ElleElleG I think the shimmer shades in this palette definitely had a reformulation. I just bought it and I read the reviews after I had it but before I tried it and most people complained about the lack of pigmentation. They honestly just don’t swatch well. You need a stiff brush and sort of a swirl/rub motion to pick it up. I think she put too much dimethicone in them in an effort to make them less crumbly than before. I tried the shades on my eyes today quickly and they can definitely be true to the color of the pan, finger swatches just won't get you there.

Thanks @makeitup305

I was able to play around with it in store and was not impressed by the majority of the bottom row whatsoever.  The SA pinpointed the same thing (brush versus finger) but there was still an odd layer on several shadows and too much digging and then building up was necessary to get the color to truly pay off. 

I have no doubt the palette will sale well but it doesn't meet my overly critical standards for eyeshadow especially given the price (admitted eyeshadow snob, LOL).

Deeper skin is not helping that ND palette a bit!  Thanks for swatches @Aaliaa , I was hoping the colorful shades would "pop" more.

Not at all @ElleElleG! Also unlike the other two palettes, I went in again 1-2 to get more pigmentation in the Tropic palette and the colours didn't provide the kind of pigmentation I was hoping for.

@Aaliaa Good to know, I was suspecting this was a Thing but I think I'm putting Natasha into the penalty box for good now. 🤨

@Aaliaa I am so torn about the Soft Glam palette! And the...

@Aaliaa I am so torn about the Soft Glam palette! And the Tropic palette is so pretty but so pricey. I don't think I can justify that amount of money. Thank you for the swatches!

Re: @Aaliaa I am so torn about the Soft Glam palette! And the...

I agree, I couldn't justify buying the Natasha Denona palette given its price.

@Aaliaa I think you maybe darker than me (I'm 7 in armani silk) but if you know, what about the first two rows.? Did they show up on your skin? I can't see the palette in person so I would be buying blind. But I did get the mini! Thanks

Sorry @sonnydee, I didn't test those. My interest was piqued with the bright colours so thats all I swatched. Hope it works well for you!

@Aaliaa thanks anyways. My interest was in the bright colors as well & your irl swatch and videos ive watched all have the brights as a disappointment so I'll stick to pat McGrath for the blue & green 🙂

Also not requested but I couldnt find the active Marc Jacobs thread so I'm posting here:

In order from left to right (assuming it will show up properly for everyone):

Kate lipstick, Work It! gloss, Call Me! gloss, Cherry Moon gloss, Sugar Sugar gloss and then Forbidden Fruit gloss.

I love it all, and if any of you want lip swatches let me know because I took those too, just didnt post because it's too many photos.  The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Work It! is really dark... I found a swatch online that wasn't as dark looking at all.  Oh well.

mjstuff.jpg

@sabrinas I'm surprised to see that Forbidden Fruit is so light and peachy! On the MJ website it looks like a bright tangerine orange. I wouldn't have bought it based on the website description, but this swatch is gorgeous!  

Spoiler

Wow Kate is much deeper than I was expecting.  I'd be all over this for fall but right now it's just not pulling me in.  

Thanks for sharing the swatches. I love the MJ glosses!  

May I please see Kate on you @sabrinas? What looks great on you looks good on me 😄

Thank you!

Sure thing 😄 Here you go! Taken in natural daylight, however it's cloudy and gross outside so photo is more cool than usual. @niki172

katelip.jpg

There isn't a shade of lipstick that doesn't suit you! You look lovely. 

Ooohhh so pretty! In your expert opinion - is this a must have? Thank you very much @sabrinas

YES! Get it.  It's honestly better than I expected.  Very rich and beautiful.  It's a deep rose/berry/mauve.  Its beautifulllll 😄 @niki172

Just push me over the edge there @sabrinas 😄 😄 😄

It also helps that today is the last day to get 20% off on the MJ website 😉 😛

testing