Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

@RebeccaBT, It was a rush swatch job and they didn't show...

@RebeccaBT, It was a rush swatch job and they didn't show up as pretty as they actually are!

Re: @RebeccaBT, It was a rush swatch job and they didn't show...

@Luvstravel  They look so good! I will have to check them out!

Best,

Rebecca

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I said I’d post swatches of the new GLAMGLOW - GLOWPOWDER™ Hyaluronic Acid Infused Glow Palette a few weeks back but I was packing and traveling and never got the chance. I finally took pics tonight! I LOVE this palette. And it’s set up so it’s super easy to swipe your brush across multiple colors and blend different ones together.

It’s really a sheen/shine effect and no glitter. It’s so, so pretty. For me it’s right up there with my Kevyn Aucoin as my favorite highlight. I personally don’t care about the hyaluronic “benefits” of this palette. I doubt any of that is reaching through to my skin with all the other layers of makeup I have on by the time I apply this. And this does have that famous GlamGlow creamsicle scent, which can sometimes be overwhelming but I like it here. So yeah, I’m a big fan!

E9FB316F-63AC-4B25-83A4-3C2D86DEC968.jpeg

4A375795-1B36-4E45-B218-AB40D057271D.jpeg

One swipe with fingersOne swipe with fingers

Built up a bit and buffed out with ABH brush 23Built up a bit and buffed out with ABH brush 23

@starsandbucks Such a beautiful palette. I am a sucker for all things with Hyaluronic Acid. What is better than having it in a highlight?! Thanks for sharing. 

Best,
Rebecca 

Gorgeous, @starsandbucks! ❤️

@starsandbucks I can see why you love it! Beautiful shades!

Hey There I'm wondering if someone owns the GA luminous silk in the shade 5.25 and can swatch it for me ?? I would like to see how this shade looks like once it has oxidized.

@jennbyun I don’t have 5.25, but if you go to the Challenge of the Week thread, I posted a picture of myself today wearing it in 5. I haven’t had any real issues with it oxidizing badly on me. It seems to stay fairly true. 

Thank you very much @jozkid it looks so pretty! 

Why thank you @jennbyun!

LÓreal's Crushed Foil line for Walmart. Unsolicited but I happened to find it in store today and I mentioned them in a previous post. Sorry for the flash, it was dark when I got home and I'm returning some items tomorrow. @Tamara76 @Anonymous @tsavoriteFinger swatches of the highlighters. The darker one is super dense, almost like a foiled eyeshadow and has holo micro glitter. the lighter one has a peach base with gold sheen but no glitterFinger swatches of the highlighters. The darker one is super dense, almost like a foiled eyeshadow and has holo micro glitter. the lighter one has a peach base with gold sheen but no glitterThree eyeshadows- they need fix+ because they're a little crumbly but really gorgeousThree eyeshadows- they need fix+ because they're a little crumbly but really gorgeousThis lipgloss is everything.This lipgloss is everything.

Thank you so much, @makeitup305!  Your swatch may have enabled me to order the L’Oreal highlighter from Walmart! 😉

@Tamara76 let me know how you like it! 

Ooooo, Thank you for the beautiful swatches!   @makeitup305

Here's some unprompted swatches of the Butter London + Pantone Color Of The Year Eyeshadow Palette. (Currently half off at Ulta for $14.50.)

Swatches were done with the cheap one-dollar e.l.f. eyeshadow brush, under the good lighting provided by the in-store Benefit Brow Bar.

The colors in order, are: Rose quartz, Bone, Marble, Pashmina, Taffeta, Greenery, Periscope, and Velour.

pantonexbutterswatch.jpg

Here's my review, now that I've bought it and worn it on my eyes.

Most of the colors work perfectly fine on the eyes.

Periscope in particular improves versus the above swatch when applied with a firm, smaller brush.

Greenery preformed amazingly. It's true-to-pan bright green on the eyes without the need for a white base. I've now worn it on my eyes for more than 8 hours, and it still hasn't faded.* The palette is worth it for this color alone.

* I did use primer, but, on my eyelids at least, this is still impressive for a bright color like this.

There are two exceptions: Velour is patchy, regardless of how you apply it, brushes or fingers. If you wanted the palette mostly for that color, give it a pass.

When applied with a brush, Taffetta's pinky undertones/base don't come through very well, as you can see in my swatch. On the eyes, it required multiple layers, though it was very pretty once built up. It preforms much better and truer to pan when applied with fingers, as can be seen in Reddit user MerryKerry's finger swatches here. However, even then, it leans more neutral than the color on the back of the box would lead you to believe.

Wear test: I spent several hours outside in near 100°F heat, with Rose quartz and Greeneryapplied towards my inner corner, Taffeta applied in the center**, Pashmina applied in the outer third of the crease, Bone on the browbone, and Velour applied in the outer corner. This was over the smashbox eyeshadow primer.

All of these lasted well, and didn't fade, except: Taffeta faded just a little. Velour was completely gone when I came home.

** Three layers applied with brush came out serviceable, and then I tapped some extra on top with fingers, which worked much better.

And for completeness, here's the pans and the box:

20170910_223812.jpg20170910_225448.jpg20170910_225547.jpg 

(This post has been cross-posted to the Deals thread due to the sale.)

@MissPuff

@ibblej Thanks for the detailed review! I'm a little sad that the swatches weren't as vibrant as the palette looks, but your review is very impressive!

@MissPuff Brush swatches are usually less vibrant than finger swatches, so it may better than it seems here.

@MissPuff

Yeah, like @ClassicallyFab said, finger swatches* are much more flattering. Taffeta in particular picks up much better with fingers.

I personally do my first swatches with a cheap brush, without primer, in order to demonstrate a lower bound on how well the palette might perform, rather than showcasing its best.

*Credit for the swatches in the link goes to Reddit user MerryKerry

Cross-posting. MJ Omega Tan Tastic bronzer on me. I thought this was not supposed to be orange and so warm. And not so muddy. Ugh...

The formula and the finish are fantastic, though!

mjtantastic2.jpg

@lyravega I see what you mean about the color, totally different on you than me. Have you seen the EL x VB collab? They have a new bronzer shade called Saffron Sun that might replace this one. 

@lyravega is this the coconut one? I'm sorry this doesn't work for you :(. In the store (and when I got outside to walk to my car) it wasn't orange or muddy on me at all. I *thought* I talked to you about this one. I feel terrible :(.

1 Reply
testing