Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Unsure if anyone has shared this yet. But here is the Glow for it switches from the Sephora highlighter favourites set. Swatches of the highlightersSwatches of the highlighters

IMG_0914.JPG

Swatches from right: High Beam by Benefit, Moonlight drops by Cover FX, illumi-naughty by Nudestix, Lit by Milk Makeup, Moonstone by Becca, Exposed by Tarte and Shimmer brick in Bronze by Bobbi Brown 

May be a bit early to ask, but if anyone gets/sees the Too Faced melted matte in Gingerbread Man in stores, would you please compare to Smashbox's Always On in Out Loud??

I just read an article about Milk Makeup's Lip Color in "Low Key" - does anyone have a swatch?  Thanks!!!  🙂

Unprompted swatches of some new Dior lip colors. Didn't see them in other threads but forgive if repetitive! Top 2 look great layered over the liquid shades I think.Top to bottom: Enigmatic, Dressed to kill, Dressed to matte liquid lip ( looks rustier here than on), Hectic matte liquid lip, Fab satin ( is actually reddy black not quite this shade , it's amazing I think!)Top to bottom: Enigmatic, Dressed to kill, Dressed to matte liquid lip ( looks rustier here than on), Hectic matte liquid lip, Fab satin ( is actually reddy black not quite this shade , it's amazing I think!)

Does anyone have swatches of the Sephora Collection Colorful Waterproof Eyeliner in 05 Surfin USA, 07 Sailor Kiss, or 17 French Riviera?

Unprompted swatch of the new Paul & Joe pressed powders I think it's supposed to be a dupe for the guerlain powder but I've never tried that. I'm kind of obsessed with the packaging and it gives my face a really pretty glow! 

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3312.JPG

My kind of colors 🙂Rouge Vie joins the group. Top to bottom: Chanel Rouge Vie, Tom Ford Velvet Cherry, Tom Ford Black Dhalia, Pat McGrath Flesh 3, Tom Ford Christopher. Black Dhalia is the worst performer on the lipsRouge Vie joins the group. Top to bottom: Chanel Rouge Vie, Tom Ford Velvet Cherry, Tom Ford Black Dhalia, Pat McGrath Flesh 3, Tom Ford Christopher. Black Dhalia is the worst performer on the lips

Dropping some unsolicited swatches;) Top to bottom: Tom Ford Ruby Rush, Pat McGrath Obsessed, Pat McGrath ElsonTop to bottom: Tom Ford Ruby Rush, Pat McGrath Obsessed, Pat McGrath Elson

Top to bottom: Tom Ford Electric Pink, Tom Ford Velvet Violet, Pat McGrath Full PanicTop to bottom: Tom Ford Electric Pink, Tom Ford Velvet Violet, Pat McGrath Full Panic

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

does anyone have swatches to the new Laura Mercier flawless fusion foundation? it's been a bit hard finding a good match to my nc30 skin as the warm undertones to this line seem to run tooooo warm.

I'm looking for a swatch comparison of Juice Beauty Phyto Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation in Fair to its corresponding Mac Studio Fix+ or Tarte ShapeTape shade. I was going to ask in the Pale/Fair Thread, but it seems like that one never made it over into the new forums.

Does anyone know where the pale foundation swatches thread went? I tried searching, but didn't find it.

So, I think old replies are still loading slowly in this thread, but I wanted to drop off some swatches anyway.

Top: UD Epigram, Bottom: NARS Powermatte Slow Ride, Right: NARS Velvet Lip Pencil WalkyrieTop: UD Epigram, Bottom: NARS Powermatte Slow Ride, Right: NARS Velvet Lip Pencil Walkyrie

Same with flashSame with flash

Hooray it's back. 

If anyone got the Birchbox Vogue box, could you please swatch the nars pencil and the RMS lip and cheek?

They're still being sold separately and I'm really tempted by the pencil

Dropping off some unsolicited swatches!

FullSizeRender2b.jpg

Top to Bottom:

CP Super Shock in Birthday Cake

CP Pressed shadow in Secrets, The News, Paper Tiger, and I Owe You

FullSizeRenderb.jpg

Top to Bottom

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lip in Miss Argentina and Bachelorette

Could anyone compare NARS Impassioned and Benefit Dandelion blushes? I already have Impassioned and Temptalia lists Dandelion as a dupe.. but I can't really tell.

Not requested, but I saw a display for Stellar cosmetics at a new Sephora and I had to swatch the Metallic Moon Lipsticks and the Cosmic blushes. I'm not sure if this line will be in all stores, so I figured this could be helpful. 

From the top these are Disco Moon 1, Disco Moon 05, Disco Moon 02, Disco Moon 03, Disco Moon 04

image.jpeg

I did two angles to show the undertone and the reflective colors. 1&5 seem to be pure metallic. 2, 3, and 4 are metallic with some glitter bits. It seemed like 3 could be prone to some glitter fall out, but it could have been a dried out tester. They all look very pretty in person, and felt creamy om my hand. 2 & 5 are very pretty in person!

image.jpeg

From wrist down these are Cosmic Blush in Eclipse, Beam, and Flare. Eclipse and flare are very very luminous. All three feel very buttery and apply smoothly. This color is built up a little, they could be worn quite sheer. Beam is luminous too, but it does not have the shimmer that the others do. 

Big it thanks to my dog, the ever patient background fur model/hand rest!

IMG_3180.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've already seen it mentioned on BT that Charlotte Tilbury's Electric Poppy and Lost Cherry are dupes for each other, but I just got a sample of EP and wanted to see for myself.

Left: Lost Cherry

Right: Electric Poppy

Anyone who owns Jouer Brique lip cream, How close it is IRL to this lip swatch. 

IMG_5969.PNG

I saw on one of the threads that somebody wanted Wet n Wild highlighter swatches. Sorry for the lighting.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

The blended out swatches were done with my finger not a brush. The pink one could be high end, it's that smooth. The purple one is a little less smooth and a little more shimmery but still really nice. Both of these are pretty light-skin friendly. 

Would anyone be willing to swatch coverfx custom cover drops in N10 alongside either mac nw10 or mac nc10?

testing