Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@niki172 I don't have Plath but here is Hawkwind swatched against Lolita and Lolita 2:

L L2 HW.JPG

Spoiler
Hawkwind on my lips.Lip Swatch.JPG

Thank you @alexasteph! Kinda similar to both Lolitas hmmmm. It's very pretty on you 🙂

@niki172 Thank you! Yes, it wears like a darker Lolita on me, but less terra cotta than Lolita 2. Definitely similar color families though! I think Plath is a little more brick red if I'm remembering it correctly.

If anyone is interested in the Sephora shadows here are some. @Samtian @Mcakes

IMG_2413.JPG

Spoiler
Wrist down:
Indian Summer
Mermaid Tail
Body Language 
Green Tea Time
Berry Crush
Purple Rain

IMG_2412.JPG

Spoiler
Wrist Down:
Vintage Cottage
Peonies Forever
Fall Leaves
Satin Corset
What Happens In Vegas

@StephaniLynn That first picture has some fantastic colors! Thanks for sharing!

@StephaniLynn Thank you so much for these!!

@Samtian I have a bunch more I didn't get to swatch yet but I can later and tag you in those too!

@StephaniLynn That would be great thank you!

Thank you so much for these @StephaniLynn! Mermaid Tail and Body Language are calling out to me 😄

@Mcakes Mernaid Tail is amazing❤

Found a blog that has swatches of all the new lip magnets

IMG_3401.PNG

eta: and another in a darker skin tone

IMG_3402.PNG

I have my heart set on 505 and 601 only if they ever come in stock 😏

601 has been back in stock multiple times during the week @fatimamummy! Keep checking back!

Oh really, I think email notification isn't working anymore. I'll keep an eye on it then. Thanks @k617

Really lovely.  A few of my local Sephoras carry them, but not every shade.  My 505 looks brighter and pinker than the swatch.  Probably the lighting.  I haven't looked at my 506 yet but now I'm curious to compare them.  And do I really need both?  Probably not....

They seem like an interesting product.

my local store supposedly carries them but I haven't seen them on display yet.

i ordered only one (601) during the sale to test the formula but it has not arrived yet.

@Mochapj I'll be curious to hear what you think.  So far I'm liking them as they look more like lipstick on, yet wear better.  I've been trying them on one by one, and like that with the darker shades I can build them up or brush on just a bit.  Regular liquid lipsticks don't always seem work appropriate though I like the long wear.  These seem like a really nice compromise.  Can't wait to hear your thoughts on 601!

I am curious how close the new Bite Mistletoe is to CT Opium noir lipstick..would love to see both swatched if anyone got both 😊

They're very close in colour, but Opium has slightly more purple and is more Matte. 

Mistletoe on top, Opium Noir below

IMG_1064.JPG

yay awesome thanks @lachaton! I somehow missed this swatches uptil now 😊 and they do look quite similar.

Extremely helpful thank you @lachaton for a pretty good dupe 🙂

testing