Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

So, I think old replies are still loading slowly in this thread, but I wanted to drop off some swatches anyway.

Top: UD Epigram, Bottom: NARS Powermatte Slow Ride, Right: NARS Velvet Lip Pencil WalkyrieTop: UD Epigram, Bottom: NARS Powermatte Slow Ride, Right: NARS Velvet Lip Pencil Walkyrie

Same with flashSame with flash

Hooray it's back. 

If anyone got the Birchbox Vogue box, could you please swatch the nars pencil and the RMS lip and cheek?

They're still being sold separately and I'm really tempted by the pencil

Dropping off some unsolicited swatches!

FullSizeRender2b.jpg

Top to Bottom:

CP Super Shock in Birthday Cake

CP Pressed shadow in Secrets, The News, Paper Tiger, and I Owe You

FullSizeRenderb.jpg

Top to Bottom

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lip in Miss Argentina and Bachelorette

Could anyone compare NARS Impassioned and Benefit Dandelion blushes? I already have Impassioned and Temptalia lists Dandelion as a dupe.. but I can't really tell.

Not requested, but I saw a display for Stellar cosmetics at a new Sephora and I had to swatch the Metallic Moon Lipsticks and the Cosmic blushes. I'm not sure if this line will be in all stores, so I figured this could be helpful. 

From the top these are Disco Moon 1, Disco Moon 05, Disco Moon 02, Disco Moon 03, Disco Moon 04

image.jpeg

I did two angles to show the undertone and the reflective colors. 1&5 seem to be pure metallic. 2, 3, and 4 are metallic with some glitter bits. It seemed like 3 could be prone to some glitter fall out, but it could have been a dried out tester. They all look very pretty in person, and felt creamy om my hand. 2 & 5 are very pretty in person!

image.jpeg

From wrist down these are Cosmic Blush in Eclipse, Beam, and Flare. Eclipse and flare are very very luminous. All three feel very buttery and apply smoothly. This color is built up a little, they could be worn quite sheer. Beam is luminous too, but it does not have the shimmer that the others do. 

Big it thanks to my dog, the ever patient background fur model/hand rest!

IMG_3180.JPG

I'm pretty sure I've already seen it mentioned on BT that Charlotte Tilbury's Electric Poppy and Lost Cherry are dupes for each other, but I just got a sample of EP and wanted to see for myself.

Left: Lost Cherry

Right: Electric Poppy

Anyone who owns Jouer Brique lip cream, How close it is IRL to this lip swatch. 

IMG_5969.PNG

I saw on one of the threads that somebody wanted Wet n Wild highlighter swatches. Sorry for the lighting.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

The blended out swatches were done with my finger not a brush. The pink one could be high end, it's that smooth. The purple one is a little less smooth and a little more shimmery but still really nice. Both of these are pretty light-skin friendly. 

Would anyone be willing to swatch coverfx custom cover drops in N10 alongside either mac nw10 or mac nc10?

Would anyone be able to provide a swatch of the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14? I have Ivory 12 and it is waaaaay too yellow. I also had tried Ivory Light 10 in the past and it was far too light. I've been using EL DW in 1N2 Ecru and have been very happy with the colour. According to Sephora's Colour IQ, this has the same number as the Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14. Somehow I have my doubts, but I'm curious to know if anyone can confirm it. I really like the Re(marc)able foundation, but the shade selection is driving me crazy. -__-

If anyone who has the new Becca Prismatic Amethyst  and the NYX Strobe of Genius palette, could they compare the Becca and the purple shade from the NYX palette? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any of these Sephora Eyeshadows they can swatch? Blue Lagoon, Fresh Limonade, Girl Talk, Satin Corset, Free Hug, Jazz Club, Early Frost, Sweet Dreams, Pool Party.

I decided to compare some of the new Sephora Cream Lip Stains with other lipsticks I have. Just trying to figure out which might work/which I, um, "need". Sephora is the middle column of swatches, color pop on the left, random stuff on the right

image.jpeg

Purple Lipsticks.jpg

I got bored and wanted to look at the purple liquid lipsticks I own...apparently I only own 3 😞

Top- Sephora Cream Stain in Wisteria Purple

Middle- JS Blow Pony

Bottom- Too Faced Melted Villain.

These have been on my arm for about 5 minutes now. The TF has smeared a lot, the JS a little, but the Sephora hasn't smeared at all. I'm wearing it currently and it hasn't transferred to my soda can either. Seems to be good stuff. I love the color of the Sephora one the best. Any lip liners anyone can think of to match it?

Requesting swatches of the new spring shades of Stila liquid lipstick (Perla, Angelo, Biscotti, etc). Anyone seen them yet?

I'm going to try my luck with a swatch. Do any of you by any chance own the lipstick Smashbox Grunge? The swatches I've found online look totally different from one another. I would like to see it swatched. Sephora doesn't carry it and it seems they only sell it directly online so there is no way to try it.

Thanks!!!!

Nectar-Sunkissed-swatch.jpg

Close dupe. This is the description for sunkissed.. 

The brand is called Silk Naturals. And is supposed to be a dupe for Too Faced Sweet Peach Nectar shadow. Considering the description, I would love to try this out. What do you guys think?

Sunkissed is a light golden peach with a muted shimmer finish.  It's a gorgeous lid, or deeper highlight color.  In comparison it's lighter than Cloudberry.  You'll love our 100% natural ultra-pigmented vegan formula.

Dare to compare this with Too Faced Nectar from the Sweet Peach Palette.  It's every bit as gorgeous, but made without fragrance, talc, binders, bismuth oxychloride, or preservatives.  

Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Boron Nitride, Silica Also contains : Iron Oxides

You'll receive 3/4 teaspoon in a 5-gram sifter jar.  Vegan & Gluten-Free

Additional Info Color Family Finish Depth Shimmer Scale Original Collection Opacity Vegan Gluten Free

Pink Peach Red
Matte
2 (1=white, 6=black)
4 (0=Matte 5=Glitter)
Spring 2016
4 (0=Sheer 5=Opaque)
Yes

Yes

Cross posting from Charlotte Tilbury thread. Can someone preferably medium skin tone post the swatches of CT lipstick in Very Victoria and her Moon beach stick? Thanks!

Does anyone by chance have the Bobbi Brown highlighting powder in 'Opal Glow'? I have my eye on the set in the sale section if it makes it to SOS. 

Swatches of Armani Lip Magnets in #503, 504, 505, 506.    Sephora please restock 503 and 504 so I can complete my collection? 😄

IMG_3929.JPG

testing