Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I may have to pickup the Mauve Squad! 

Beautiful colors and the info is always appreciated. @k617

Here is a swatch (not the best I apologize I swatched in store on my lunch break) of the new Lise Watier Blossom Beauty Blush. It is a beautiful pinky peach blush with a bit of gold shimmer in it.

swatch.jpg

upload_6280167537876051694.jpg

@virgo87 omg the packaging only is enough to suck me in, let alone the gorgeous dusty peach shade! I need this!

@EmmyLove 

I know the packaging is stunning. It is a gorgeous blush on and really brightens the face. I hope you get it as I don't think you will regret it.

Anyone lucky enough to have the new LE Guerlain Meteorites Kiss Kiss (564 Rosy Glow or 565 Blossom Glow), or the Meteorites Happy Glow Pearls? I would love to see some swatches! 

(X-Post with Guerlain thread)

The collection arrived to my friendly neighborhood Guerlain counter. 

I tried the lipsticks from the spring 2017 collection. They are very pink, but pretty. The three photos on the right were in store lighting. Left is natural light (North facing window).

564 is a light pink, 565 has a little more pop.

I also tried the LE blush & meteorites. They had too much glitter for my tastes, so I passed.

IMG_7832.JPG

@SheWhoSkis I got the Happy glow pearls and blush. They shipped yesterday night. I'll post swatches when they get here. 

I never tried Huda liquid lipsticks..but these ones from the sets feel quite watery and sheer..are they usually like this?

I feel maybe there is product seperation as more oil than pigment was being applied..I shook best I could. On the lips, not the best feeling and stung a little (odd)..Bombshell is the worst very watery, trophy wife and trendsetter are the better ones. Both Vixen and famous are bit patchy. Here they couple layers to even out..swatches if it helps anyone..

Spoiler

20161111_171549.png
Screenshot_20161111-171454.jpg

@Anewxa I've got store swatches I tried for fun 

hudabeautyswatch.jpg

I didn't get the feeling that they were sheer, but maybe that's because I never tried them on my lips? Or maybe it's a bad batch 😞 

Wish I had more pics to show you, because those swatches dried down quite nicely 

@MSena Thanks your swatches look so much better.. I guess changes in temperature can also effect lipsticks to seperate so maybe I will need to shake it extra well. 

@meganlisa and @sabrinas Thank you for the pictures! 505 looks so beautiful. It's funny how it looks different on each but very flattering to both of you.

Megan, 600 looks great too. I'm still deciding what I will get. I was going for 301, but it was sold out during the sale so I'll just try to find them in store and take my time to decide. Good thing they are not LE 😉

@DaintyDiva Can't wait to hear what you think!  Armani has 15% off right now and they're in stock.  Maybe Nordstrom, with their lower free shipping minimum, will price match.

That's not a bad idea 😉

I asked @Mochapj in the Bite thread...but in case anyone else has them... I would love to see Bite Opal & Gold layered together. Thanks!!!

@Randell I have both of these. You mean the lipsticks, right? Not the glosses? I can swatch tomorrow!

@flonkerton Thanks! Mochapj swatched them for me in the Bite thread!  But, thanks for the offer!

Does anyone have swatches of the Kat Von D lipstick (not liquid) in mother, double dare, and Lolita 2? I remember seeing it on BT but I can't remember what thread it was on 

Anonymous Insider

I think you're referring to vegchililover78's post here? 🙂

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/THE-KVD-THREAD/m-p/2569090#M115767

@Anonymous thank you so much!! 

Got a bunch of Colourpop lip things delivered last night, and swatched them all, so posting here in case anyone is interested.

Type/finish under spoiler tags.  (I took the pictures a bit too soon, some of the mattes haven't totally dried down yet.  Rest assured, the eventual finish was completely matte.)

upload_6375097872255499098.jpg

Spoiler
Flitter - Ultra Metallic Lip
My Jam - Ultra Glossy Lip
Lychee Me - Ultra Glossy Lip
Weho - Ultra Glossy Lip
Times Square - Ultra Matte Lip
November - Ultra Satin Lip

upload_2573169262165883971.jpg

Spoiler
Finders Keepers - Ultra Glossy Lip
Master Plan - Ultra Glossy Lip