Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@niki172 Yes, it is the coconut one. No need to feel terrible. It looks different on us, and that is not your "fault" by any means. My mind was already set on it, anyway. It didn't look orange one bit in any photos I've seen online before purchasing. And by asking here on BT, I just wanted a "confirmation" that it is fair skin friendly ( not too dark/subtle enough ). It didn't look orange in the pan, either. But, once on my face... Oh, boy! So very muddy, orange and wrong. I have that problem with most bronzers. So, please don't feel bad about any of it. You said it is light enough for fair skin, and that is totally true! It can be very subtle used with a fluffy brush.

Not requested but since this is a newer brand to Sephora and I've been on a little bit of a swatch kick I thought I'd share these here. I ordered a Stellar Infinite Lipstick in the shade Super Sonic 01. I also compared it against the other reds in my collection. I think it's closest to Smashbox's Fig (4th from the top). 

The Stellar shade is on the bottom and the rest of the shades are listed from the bottom going up. (Basically in reverse order of how this pic looks, sorry if that's confusing. I should have taken better notes!)

Stellar - Super Sonic 01
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip - Beso (I think! The little color sticker has fallen off so I'm working off of my memory.)
Bite Pigment Pencil - Cranberry
Marc Jacobs - So Rouge
Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick - Bite for VIB Rouge
Make Up For Ever - Rouge Artist Natural N9
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream - Port
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick - Fig
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella
Make Up For Ever - Lip Fever Red Hot Balm
Clinique Pop - Cola Pop

IMG_3262.JPG

@starsandbucks I love Stellar too! Bought a few of them if anyone else would like to see some. I really like the colors, texture and pigments. Do you? Basically I have your same assortment of reds too! Same wheelhouse I think! 😀 I got some Natasha D also and really like the tints etc.  

@Sunnysmom I'm loving it! I bought eight different brands of lipsticks during the sale and after wearing my new Tom Ford lipstick (had to try the Tom Ford first haha!) I made a beeline to the Stellar and it is fab. I'm interested in trying other products from the line because I'm really impressed with the lipstick. 

@starsandbucks how fun! Lippies are def my weakness! Always looking for the next great perfect red! I bought maybe 4 of Stellar's and a blush and it's so pretty! Love the case with the little brush under it too. That was a surprise!! Keep me posted on your reds please! ☺️😘

Unsolicited swatches of some new MJ Matte liners and CoverFX Halo

i was REALLY impressed by both products! 

IMG_1350.JPG

OMG @lachaton. I recognized the matte liners  from the thumbnail - my daughter swatched all of them at SiJCP a few days ago and kept the swatches on her arm all day so we could keep admiring the colors! ❤️❤️❤️

I bought the grape one and it was beautiful and so smooth, but it did NOT stay on my water line. The high liners do a decent job, but these came off so quickly 😞 

All of the liners swatch beautifully!

Some Maybelline lipstick swatches including the new Inti-Matte nudes! @jesscheems @Anewxa

IMG_0148.JPG

Vertical swatch: Lust for Blush

top to bottom:

Touch of Spice

Toasted Truffle

Raw Chocolate

Mauve It

Brown Blush (almost identical to Mauve It, maybe less purple and more brown and grey in person)

Gone Greige

Thanks @k617! I found these in walmart but ofcourse all the ones I wanted were tampered with or oos. 

I've been obsessed with mauve lately, and both Mauve It and Brown Blush look gorgeous!

Thank you @k617 😃 Brown Blush is sooo pretty!

Here are the swatches of Better together eyeshadow palette Kat Von D side. However, my swatches did not reflect their true pigmentation. I couldn't take pictures right away in Sephora because of their terrible lighting. By the time I was able to do so, the shadows got rubbed off on my cardigan. The red was much vibrant and the packaging is stunning in person. I would've caved if I did not place two orders on Too Faced direct earlier today. 6E5F6664-D54C-4113-8E2A-62BFF8AD6776.png

@Babypeachist I actually tried these in store as well and was surprised at the pigmentation of the red! It was beautiful and unlike anything I've ever seen before.  However, Other shades were kinda boring to me and I do not like the BTS mascara or the KVD eyeliner so it would be a waste of money for me!

See that's me as well! I love the palette itself but I dislike the BTS immensely and KVD eyeliner doesn't stand up next to others of the same type. Plus every time I use it my contacts go nuts and I have to remove them. I really wish it had been sold by itself. 

@sabrinas I think the red has some kind of shift to it and it's beautiful. I have the exact same feelings as you on too faced side and the eyeliner. Would definitely buy it if Kat's side was sold alone:)

Hey guys! I got Armanis lip magnet in nuda to go along with the second skin i own as well! Heres a swatch of nuda on my lips and also a comprison of both on my arm in natural daylight!  Nuda is the lighter one in the swatches.  It is quite coral, but actually pleasant! Generally corals look kinda gross against my skin tone but I like the look of this one!

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

I was so curious about this shade!  It was sold out on sephora and not carried at my local sephora (which carries most, but not all, of them).

It's a lot more coral than I expected.  Love it on you though.  It definitely has a lot of pink mixed in as well!

@meganlisa Thanks! I honestly just impulsively bought it from saks because I had a promo code and the samples were pretty good lol.  I didn't expect a coral like this, but I like it! I don't own anything like it :).

@sabrinas I shy away from corals too, then like them when I try them.  Your coloring is similar to mine so seeing stuff on you is always helpful.  Thanks!

3 Replies
testing