Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@niki172 I have thoughts on a few other dupes in my collection, just haven't had a chance to confirm yet 🙂 I know Besame must have a couple...

Thanks! I have a few Besame lippies I wonder if it's close to the WWII lipstick they just released (can't remember the year given 1944?). Still the CT is very pretty and it's hard to sit on my hands and not buy just for the light up case as well 😄

@niki172 I really like Opium Noir. It's a nice formula, too.

I don't think this is similar to Victory Red at all. Victory is a very bright red on me. 

I suspect these two are darker than Red Velvet, but perhaps similar? I'd guess closer to Cherry/Merlot?/Blood

It's discontinued but does anyone have a swatch of Burberry Lip Velvet in Bright Poppy?

@spikeorrn Here you go! I love this one! image.jpeg

Thank you very much @Sunnysmom.

I was looking for a semi-matte berry red and this looks lovely.  

@spikeorrn Those are always my favorite colors too! What others are yours? Love some new ideas!

I am loving some of the new Mac liptensities- Cordovan, Mulling spices, Marsala, and Dionysus are so pretty tho the names don't seem to always match up with what they actually appear like on I feel? Have you tried any?! 

I haven't gotten into Mac for some reason.  I like the Nars Audacious line - Audrey and Vivien for reddish berries, Fanny for a pink berry. And Bite had some really pretty berries last year.  

@spikeorrn I did a few in comparison that I found. Mac Cordovan looks very close in color and finish. Temptation prob more red tho one of my favorites. I should've done Bright Poppy down the side in hindsight, forgive, was moving too fast! image.jpeg 😏

Top to bottom:

Burberry Bright poppy

Mac Mulling Spices

Mac Cordovan

Laura Mercier Temptation

Mac Dionysus 

Yup I hear you @spikeorrn. They are hit or miss I feel tho these have impressed me so far. I like Nars too but I feel like they don't fade evenly on me and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Lovely shades tho you are right and I love my Bites probably the most! Thank you! 

Can someone please post the comparison swatches of Charlotte Tilbury's lipsticks in Secret Salma and Hel's Bell? 

@fatimamummy @Mochapj Here ya go. 🙂

CT swatches.jpg

Thank you @TKLJ 🙂

Here's mine too @fatimamummy

image.jpeg

Thank you @Mochapj

I can do both in the morning if nobody else has

ive swatched both separately in the Ct thread, but not together @fatimamummy

Thank you @Mochapj I'll peek into the CT thread to have a look at Hel's bell as well.

Does anyone own both TF spice and CT Bette? I would love comparison swatches please. 

@Anewxa

TF on top, CT on bottom

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@lachaton Thank you! I ended up getting bette too since it was on sale and i am glad it seems bit more golden than TF..

@Anewxa I have both! I can do swatches for you as well if that would be helpful 🙂

testing