Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks @k617! I found these in walmart but ofcourse all the ones I wanted were tampered with or oos. 

I've been obsessed with mauve lately, and both Mauve It and Brown Blush look gorgeous!

Thank you @k617 😃 Brown Blush is sooo pretty!

Here are the swatches of Better together eyeshadow palette Kat Von D side. However, my swatches did not reflect their true pigmentation. I couldn't take pictures right away in Sephora because of their terrible lighting. By the time I was able to do so, the shadows got rubbed off on my cardigan. The red was much vibrant and the packaging is stunning in person. I would've caved if I did not place two orders on Too Faced direct earlier today. 6E5F6664-D54C-4113-8E2A-62BFF8AD6776.png

@Babypeachist I actually tried these in store as well and was surprised at the pigmentation of the red! It was beautiful and unlike anything I've ever seen before.  However, Other shades were kinda boring to me and I do not like the BTS mascara or the KVD eyeliner so it would be a waste of money for me!

See that's me as well! I love the palette itself but I dislike the BTS immensely and KVD eyeliner doesn't stand up next to others of the same type. Plus every time I use it my contacts go nuts and I have to remove them. I really wish it had been sold by itself. 

@sabrinas I think the red has some kind of shift to it and it's beautiful. I have the exact same feelings as you on too faced side and the eyeliner. Would definitely buy it if Kat's side was sold alone:)

Hey guys! I got Armanis lip magnet in nuda to go along with the second skin i own as well! Heres a swatch of nuda on my lips and also a comprison of both on my arm in natural daylight!  Nuda is the lighter one in the swatches.  It is quite coral, but actually pleasant! Generally corals look kinda gross against my skin tone but I like the look of this one!

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_9963.JPG

I was so curious about this shade!  It was sold out on sephora and not carried at my local sephora (which carries most, but not all, of them).

It's a lot more coral than I expected.  Love it on you though.  It definitely has a lot of pink mixed in as well!

@meganlisa Thanks! I honestly just impulsively bought it from saks because I had a promo code and the samples were pretty good lol.  I didn't expect a coral like this, but I like it! I don't own anything like it :).

@sabrinas I shy away from corals too, then like them when I try them.  Your coloring is similar to mine so seeing stuff on you is always helpful.  Thanks!

Hello! I think this is my first swatch post... I just got Givenchy Heroic Pink and wanted to see how close it was to some others I already own.

This compares, from top to bottom:

• Tom Ford Didier
  • Buxom Menace
  • Nars Fanny
  • Givenchy Heroic Pink

First photo is indoors, while the other is outdoors.

swatches-didier-menace-fanny-heroicpink-indoor.jpg

swatches-didier-menace-fanny-heroicpink-outdoor-b.jpg

It looks like Givenchy Heroic Pink is pretty close to Fanny, except for Fanny appearing slightly more red or pink. What do others think?

Heroic Pink is definitely leaning more blue/purple than Fanny. The intensity is right there, though.

The Givenchy looks as though it has a tiny bit more black or blue in it.  It's slightly deeper.  

I think that they're almost identical, except the Givenchy one might pull slightly more purpley. They're all beautiful shades though!

Unsolicited swatches of the new Clinique 'Honey' cheek pops

the lighter one is 'Pink Honey' and the darker one is 'Black Honey'

image.jpeg

oh! thanks for the swatches, P! I'm loving Black Honey. Do you think it's similar to Cola Pop at all?

@MK89 I looked at them after the fact and Cola is darker and more red. 

Black Honey is lighter and more pink toned.  

thanks @Mochapj! you're always a huge help 🙂

Random swatches:

Light Nudes and MLBB IG.jpg

Light Brights IG.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Oh Catherine I NEED you!!

thanks @TKLJ

3 Replies
testing