Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Pretty.  I wish I'd noticed that set.  But already bought the full size of inspiration.

I went out on a limb and bought the new KVD concealer as opposed to my usual Nars RCC. I was having a hard time figuring out what shade of the KVD to get (I use the Nars RCC in "vanilla"). I decided to go with Light 5. Here are swatches for comparison in case anyone is in the same boat. 🙂

NarsKVD swatch.JPG

(Left: KVD in Light 5, Right: Nars RCC in Vanilla)

First impression, Nars is pinker and makes the KVD look a lot more yellow in comparison, but once blended out on my face I really can't see a noticeable difference between the two.

@kssweetheart,  More swatches featuring Kat Von D concealer, although probably not from the Promo that you missed.  These may be in your shade range.  Also check out swatches and spoiler in above posts.  🙂

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

Nars Brousse duo swatches for @samls324. It's a bit hard to photograph the purpleness of the darker shade. 

Thanks!

Does anyone have swatches from the MAC Star Trek collection? Still on the fence about the collection.

@cutiecocolove

thumbnail_20160831_073825.jpgtop to bottom 

luna luster, highly illogical, llap, and khan! 

all but llap on face

thumbnail_20160831_073843.jpg

Unsolicited swatches: KVD ELL Double Dare vs UD Vice Hitch Hike. They are basically the same color in different formulas (KVD is a smidge cooler), so anyone who wants one but prefers the other formula, merry xmas. Any color variation in the pics here is mostly attributable to the way cream lipstick vs dry liquid lipstick interacts with strong overhead light.

Indoor direct light:

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Flash:

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

Thank you! I've always liked double dare but I don't want to try KVD's ultra drying formula. Hitch hike is pretty!

Can someone swatch Sephora Peony on their lips, please? It has been a free sample many times.  I am trying to figure out if it is a liquid lipstick or lip stain and how it looks on someone else. TIA

If I remember correctly, it's like a liquid gloss. 

Any swatches of ABH Moonchild highlighter palette yet ( preferably on fair skin )?

Aaaagh! Until you wrote this I was blissfully unaware that this existed.. now I must have it, along with glow kit - sweets.

Darn you.

Oh look! Here I am with unsolicited swatches again!

ABH Modern Renaissance palette...top row of palette starting on the left, ending with the bottom right shade on the palette on the very right of my arm. First 4 and last 3 shades are over bare skin, middle shades have some primer on top (random, but I wanted to compare the colour over base vs. no base)

IMG_9629.JPG

And swatches of the Jouer lip cremes I got.

Hand swatch (left to right then bottom): Praline, Daiquiri, Framboise, Cassis, Noisette

Lip swatches also in that order starting from 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock!

7858957E-8BC0-4914-BB52-96783FB75AB1.jpg

And I had that saved photo in the Layout app and look what happened!

8E210805-1BF2-43E7-9BEE-E054FFA3FC89.jpg

I have to say, I was most excited for Daiquiri, but it was only my 3rd favourite of this bunch. Noisette is the surprise favourite! It was the last colour I kind of "threw in" the order for free shipping, and surprisingly it's my fav! It's completely unique in my collection. On my hand it swatched like NYX Sandstorm but is much more neutral on my lips. Like slathering milk chocolate on my lips....mmmmm!

Thanks @k617 for the swatches. As a new poster, frequent posters like yourself are a real help. Seriously.  🙂

Any of my fair ladies have a lip swatch of Stila's Caramello?

@lyravega I might be more "light" than "fair," but I've got Caramello on in my WAYWT post today:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/2513897#M207891

Can anyone please swatch Buxom Full On Lipstick in Brooklyn against similar shades? I got a DS in the bareMinerals Mystery Box but don't want to swatch it in case I already have something close in shade and want to save it for a trade. Thanks!

@alexasteph, I wish I still had this as Brooklyn was the only shade I really liked.  On me it was a brownish wine. 

I did see some swatches on Karla Sugar's site, if you'd like to check that out.

Can anyone swatch Bite Thistle next to CP Lumiere? I'm just wondering if they are similar. I went to swatch Thistle but my Sephora didn't have it in stock yet. I neeeeed to knowwwww what family it is in before I buy it 🙂 🙂

Sooo, I'm at work and procrastinating my last half hour... I only happen to have the Lumiere lip pencil with me, but it's virtually the same as the lippie stix, just less glossy.

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

Thistle on top, Lumiere lip pencil on bottom.

testing