Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I was in the store today and saw a tester for the armani lip magnet in 600, which always was missing when I previously looked. Anyhow, I figured I would swatch the berry shades together. This is 600, 601 and 602. Swatches are a thin layer, spread out. This is how I have been wearing mine (602) and I quite like it.. its more of a bright berry when I put it on as a thin stain, and then I can layer it to get more vampy. Loving it so far.

IMG_3974E.jpg

These are super helpful!  I love 600.  601 would work on me but 602 is a never.  I like 600 sheered out a little as well.  It layers nicely but I prefer it more blotted.

Guys... I gotta share this. I was randomly swatching some of my lipsticks, and I made this discovery

IMG_3927.jpg

Top to bottom:

YSL Rogue Volupte #9

Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in Playful

Nars Audacious Lipstick in Liv

Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Truffle

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Tampered

Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Aubergine

Is it just me, or do Liv and Truffle look EXACTLY the same????

@glossyguru they do look pretty much the same, but I think Liv has a more 'berry' undertone, doesn't it? Maybe it's just my eye trying to see a difference.

Does anyone have the Cover FX custom enhancer drops? I'm really interested in the highlight shades, but maybe a bronzer too. I have very fair skin and lots of freckles so I'm trying to decide if any of the colors would be good for me. Right now for highlight I am using BECCA SSP Pressed in Moonstone, but I love the idea of a liquid highlight to mix into my foundation for an overall glow.

I forget which one I tried but it was a glitter bomb, @blondesluv2shop!

Subtle but worked well for me was the new Algenist drops.

• New MUFE M400 and Bite Mistletoe. So pretty with great pigment and applies evenly also. Bite is darker shade  IMG_4639.JPG

Bite Mistletoe is so pretty! Oh, do I need another red?

Various fall shades of liquid lippies, mostly ColourPop, with NARS Jane for comparison.

Left column, top to bottom: ColourPop Metallics in Maneater, Zebra, and DM, and OCC Artifact

Middle: top is Smashbox Out Loud, bottom is OCC Artifact, left is CP Matte Love Bug, right is CP Satin Tansy

Right vertical swatch is NARS Jane. So pink here!

Direct overhead light, with my phone leaning really blue for some reason:

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Flash:

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

The pic with the flash is so Autumn.  Just got me yearning for spiced cider and the sound of rustling leaves..

Some unsolicited swatches.

lipsticks in upcoming Smashbox  light it up lipstick + Mattifier set. image.jpeg

From top top to bottom , 

Famous, Fig, Inspiration, legendary, Primrose and Tabloid.

Pretty.  I wish I'd noticed that set.  But already bought the full size of inspiration.

I went out on a limb and bought the new KVD concealer as opposed to my usual Nars RCC. I was having a hard time figuring out what shade of the KVD to get (I use the Nars RCC in "vanilla"). I decided to go with Light 5. Here are swatches for comparison in case anyone is in the same boat. 🙂

NarsKVD swatch.JPG

(Left: KVD in Light 5, Right: Nars RCC in Vanilla)

First impression, Nars is pinker and makes the KVD look a lot more yellow in comparison, but once blended out on my face I really can't see a noticeable difference between the two.

@kssweetheart,  More swatches featuring Kat Von D concealer, although probably not from the Promo that you missed.  These may be in your shade range.  Also check out swatches and spoiler in above posts.  🙂

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

Nars Brousse duo swatches for @samls324. It's a bit hard to photograph the purpleness of the darker shade. 

Thanks!

Does anyone have swatches from the MAC Star Trek collection? Still on the fence about the collection.

@cutiecocolove

thumbnail_20160831_073825.jpgtop to bottom 

luna luster, highly illogical, llap, and khan! 

all but llap on face

thumbnail_20160831_073843.jpg

Unsolicited swatches: KVD ELL Double Dare vs UD Vice Hitch Hike. They are basically the same color in different formulas (KVD is a smidge cooler), so anyone who wants one but prefers the other formula, merry xmas. Any color variation in the pics here is mostly attributable to the way cream lipstick vs dry liquid lipstick interacts with strong overhead light.

Indoor direct light:

FullSizeRender (24).jpg

Flash:

FullSizeRender (25).jpg

Thank you! I've always liked double dare but I don't want to try KVD's ultra drying formula. Hitch hike is pretty!

Can someone swatch Sephora Peony on their lips, please? It has been a free sample many times.  I am trying to figure out if it is a liquid lipstick or lip stain and how it looks on someone else. TIA

1 Reply
testing