Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Can someone kindly post the comparison swatches of Nars DI blushes in Adoration and sexual content? 

Thank you @Mochapj Do you think sexual content shows easily on our skin tone?

@fatimamummy in all honesty, no.  I was really looking forward to this duo and it doesn't live up to it for me.

The light shade doesn't really show up as anything more than a sheen on the cheeks when you apply it as a blush (different than the intensity of a swatch)

The darker shade did show up, but I didn't find it terribly flattering on myself.  

I ended up being a lot more impressed with the other summer duo - Liberation.

Is there a specific tone you're looking for? I might be able to make a recommendation...

Thank you @Mochapj, Adoration and sexual content are both in the TSB which is on its way to me. So I wanted to get an idea how these two look and perform 😉

Ahh!  Lemme tag you in something... 😉

If anyone wants these.

Swatches of the urban decay Moondust palette

Without base

White base

Black base

specter.jpg

granite.jpg

element.jpg

lithium.jpg

magnetic.jpg

vega.jpg

lightyear.jpg

Note that lightyear is hard to get off and will stain your skin.

galaxy.jpg

What do you use for the black base @Julia526? Is it just a plain black eye-shadow or something else?

I used Nyx cosmetics Jumbo Pencil on Black Bean

Wow, your blues and greens swatch nothing like mine. Mine are very chalky/dusty, and I don't think I could wear them at all without a base.

I was also looking at Temptalia's review of the palette, and her descriptions of wear, application, and fallout for each shade did not all match up with my own experience. In particular, she described the blue and green shades and performing average/well relative to the others, and Element relatively poorly. In my palette it's the opposite.

I am beginning to think that there is actual variance among palettes in terms of formula quality of the different shades, rather than just personal opinion difference. So if you buy it and one of the shades you loved really sucks, you might try exchanging it for another I guess... I wouldn't mind having better-performing green and blue shades, but not enough to risk one of the others getting worse.

Thanks for the swatches!  The black base really seems to make them pop...I need to try that with my Solstice.

the blues and greens ❤️

Has anyone tried the TF Le Mepris? I would love to see a lip swatch possibly but hand swatch is fine as well. Im so torn whether or not it will work for me. 

Also Pipa if someone has both or either. Thanks!!!

Here's Les Mepris on me:

TF LM.jpg

And an arm swatch (LM on left, Chanel La Favorite on right):

swatches.jpg

lachaton posted a picture of Pipa earlier today in the TF thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Tom-Ford-Updates/td-p/1903440/page/2

Beautiful! It looks so perfect with your colouring.

@kso1225 oh yes I remember how lovely it looked on you! Wow thats real close to the chanel, the TF is a touch more pink it seems.

Oh I missed lachaton's post thanks for directing me there! Waiting for pipa to restock now.

@Anewxa I have one from the TF thread.  Will edit it in

Spoiler
image.jpeg1404167

@Mochapj thanks! Im so forgetful, duh I knew you had one. Solar affair looks so good on you as well but I know I cant pull that one off. 

Does anyone have OCC Indrid?

I do.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 10.55.40 AM.png

Oooh man I need that. Pretty!

5 Replies
testing