Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I am still testing it, but I really like it so far. It makes skin under my eyes look sooooo smooth and pretty! Something that no other concealer has ever done before. And, it doesn't crease on me at all! So, so far so good. I am quite thrilled with it. 🙂 @Blackwhiskey

Can someone please swatch the new Nars DI Arcturus with Giove and/or Cressida (AKA the other blue DIs)?

I can @TKLJ

image.jpeg

Thank you, @Mochapj! I really can't justify Arcturus when I have Giove, even though I think it's just a dash prettier. Same with Cressida. (But I waaaaaaaant it! We'll see if I do some drunk shopping or need to pick myself up after a terrible day.)

Stila liquid lipstick in Bacca please?! Trying to figure out if it's red or raspberry and which way it means more I'm trying to branch out into bolder lip colors 😄

I don't own it but I've swatched it in store a number of times and it's more raspberry on me. Lemme see if I can find my swatch hand  

eta: @Cupcakecandy here you go

image.jpeg

@Mochapj you're the best! That looks gorgeous-thank you!

Can someone swatch Givenchy Omber Couture Cream eyeshadow in LE Graphic Bronze shade? I think I saw it some where on BT but can't recall who posted it and in which thread .

Thank you @KatieKabam 🙂

Can someone please post the comparison swatches of ABH Glow kits in SUN DIPPED and THAT GLOW. Please and thank you 😉

If nobody gets to it sooner I can do it tomorrow or thursday

@Mochapj Thank you! I know you posted Sun Dipped swatches on IG recently. Did you posted That Glow on IG as well? I'll just go and have a look at your pics in that case.

EDIT: Found them on your IG. You are the ultimate swatch source.

Unsolicited swatches of the ABH Modern Renaissance palette. My first ABH palette, and the colours are gorgeous online. But here's my take of them in person 😛

I would say I'm a light to light-medium skintone with warm undertones. This picture was taken right beside the window with sunlight coming in. I would say the colours are pretty accurate to online photos.

Left to Right: Tempera, Golden Ochre, Vermeer, Raw Sienna, Burnt Orange, Primavera, Buon Fresco, Antique Bronze, Love Letter, Cyprus Umber, Red Ochre, Venetian Red, Warm Taupe, Realgar

ABH-Modern-Renaissance-swat.jpg

The ones with an (*) - Love Letter and Realgar - are two finger swatches. They're quite patchy with one layer, and they feel more dry to the touch. Unfortunately, Love Letter was one of the shadows I was most excited about, and it performs the worst. On the other hand, Realgar can be built up to the same opacity as the rest so I'm not too disappointed in it. Everything else is one finger swatch, aka one layer and swatched beautifully.

EDIT: I swatched Love Letter again (6/16), and the pigmentation was better but still patchy! And it's still a drier shadow than the others, not as buttery.

Thank you, @Melissa136. I was curious about this, but I have dupes for many of them and the quality of Love Letter isn't worth the purchase for me.

You're welcome, @TKLJ! I will say that Love Letter is one of the stellar shades, but not a stellar shadow. Granted, I did swatch it again, and the pigmentation is better this time around, but it's still patchy. Certain spots were darker while others were lighter. And it's still dry to the touch.

Good thing is that it's permanent so there's no pressure to get it. I used the 10% VIB discount since I was on the fence, and a discount cushions the fall 😄

I know they're different finishes, but can anyone (preferably fair-skinned) compare ColourPop's Dopey Ultra Satin Lip to Lumiere 2?

I can swatch these when I get home @Gingercupcake if someone more fair than I can't do it.  I'd say I'm light-medium but maybe I can find a paler bit.

Ok @GingerCupcake here are the swatches on the palest part of my arm: 

No flash then flash, Dopey is on the left, Lumiere 2 on the right.  Dopey lookes pinker to me.  The non-flash is more true to life but the flash shows the color difference better.  I hope this helps!!

IMG_8621.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

Does anyone with tan/dark skin (NC40+) have Milano Luminoso? I'm an NC42 and can't find cheek swatches online, just a small stripe on someone's hand which doesn't tell me much!

@rydia I had this (recently shattered) and I am nc37 (nc40 summer)..Its a nice glowy highlight type of blush..just brightens up my cheeks with a pinky peachy glow..but its not a bam pop of color..I think on you it would come out even more glowy..its a very nice smooth texture and I used it on most days when I had no clue what to pop onto my cheeks.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20160604-140946.jpg

testing