Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Catherine is the coral I looked for for years!

@TKLJ, shoot, maybe it's also the coral I've been searching for for years?!

Anyone have a swatch of Nars Stud eyeshadow? I saw they were back in stock.

@Samtian There is a swatch on the NARS thread that was posted earlier today. I have Stud and it's a fantastic eyeshadow! If you need a swatch on a lighter skin tone let me know and I can search mine

Thank you, that would be great if you could, I'd appreciate it. 

@Samtian I'll do it tomorrow so that you can see it in natural light 🙂

Here is sassy grape in action.  Do we have an ABH thread somewhere? I should probably put this there if we do 😉

image.jpeg

Beautiful and very helpful. They look very wearable on. You should make a ABH thread @Mochapj? I would have but I have only handful of her products so I think it is better if someone who has a good ABH stash start the thread.

That's way more natural looking than I thought it would be.  I like it!

Thanks, me too!

Unsolicited swatches of the Laura Mercier Eye Art Caviar Inspired palette

IMG_0420.JPG

The shades aren't super exciting nor is there great variety, but the mattes are pretty creamy and pigmented. The darker shimmers felt a little drier (especially the last one) but the lighter ones were very nice. 

This is a very different grouping for them. I like it.

I do love the LM eye palettes! I have last year's (purples and browns), this one looks pretty but last year's colours are more up my alley. Thanks for the swatches!

Thanks for posting these! I am seriously contemplating this palette.

Here are some unsolicited swatches! I have a lipstick problem, but metallics/frost finishes are my weakness. If I see a pretty satin/matte, I'll think about whether I might have something similar first before buying. But if I see a pretty metallic or frost? I'm done. 

Today, I picked up these 4 beauties after discovering the 2 Sephora Rouge Cream lipsticks online, and swatching the MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in store. 

Clockwise from top left: MUFE #13, MUFE #11, Sephora Temptation #26, Sephora Magnetism #27

B53C8E6C-9C2D-4ABD-B4D3-9521B524FBA3.jpg

The Sephoras!! The metallic finish is amazing. I like the MUFE's too but they are more of a shimmery finish.

Then I thought...shoot...what if I have similar metallics in my collection already?? So I went an swatched them along with all the other metallic pretties I own... 

Left to right: Lise Watier Grenadine, LW Gala, LW Hot Coco, LW Creme Brulee, LW Pomme Cannelle, MUFE #13, MUFE #11, UD Wildfire, UD Wrath, Sephora Temptation, Sephora Magnetism, UD Amulet, NYX Covet

IMG_8707.JPG

And more....left to right:

KVD Adora, LW Tiramisu, KVD Mercy, KVD Wolvesmouth, KVD Thin Lizzy, KVD Magic (and Burberry Honeysuckle #305 stacked on stop, these 2 aren't exactly frost/metallic), MAC Odyssey, MAC New York Apple, Clinique Heather Moon, Clinique All Heart

IMG_8708.JPG

I've been going crazy ordering more too...got Coloured Raine and Jouer ones coming...ahhhhh!! I need all the metallic pretties!!

Beautiful! Your lips are enviable.

Love the MUFE ones.

Holy perfect lips, Batman! You need to model every lipstick.

Just in case anyone is curious here's what the new YSL vinyl mascara looks like #contest #allinawink . I did one eye with no mascara and then one with black mascara on for reference to the blue I'm in trouble shade. Sorry for not wearing any other makeup/eyeshadow - didn't realize how red my nose/eyes were.

Spoiler
IMG_20160608_213820499_HDR.jpg
Spoiler
IMG_20160608_214042828_HDR.jpg

The blue is very captivating with your eye color @niki172!

I wish the glitter one was this pigmented.  Although I did get the mini black one and it's good.

Thanks @Mochapj I really like how pigmented it is and think I'm going to try to use it on the tips of my lashes. The only thing I've ran into is that this stuff smears like crazy if you get it wet such as watery eyes. Gotta love allergy season! Sorry the glitter one didn't work out - it looked very pretty online.

3 Replies
testing