Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I don't have the current version of Celebrity Skin but I have Bow & Arrow and I can tell you that B&A is definitely a cooler toned nude, and Celebrity Skin seems warmer on people to me.

Which? B&A might be, Celebrity Skin might juuuuust be okay. I'm not entirely sure of your skin tone so I can't say for sure. For reference, here is me in B&A, since celebrity skin is a smidgen darker it might be good.

IMG_7187.JPG

@jesscheems here they are. Milani Earthy Elements. The first one is very sheer and glittery. The 5th one si very pretty light peachy pink but it kind of blends with my skintone

Snapchat-295459522140211446.jpg

Thanks @makeitup305! Those are some super pretty swatches! Wow that last colour looks so pretty and the orange which is what I have had my eyes on...

Does anyone have a swatch of Dose of Colors Stone?  How similar is it to Stila Patina?  I just bought it and am hoping I didn't buy a color I already have 10 of 😛

i have a swatch on my IG (brunettespylove)

Stone is lighter and more mauve/ greyed purple and patina is more of a dupe to Sephora Marvelous Mauve & ABH dusty rose, pink darker slightly berry mauve

Dupe that has a comparison if you search it. The dupe to stone in stilas line is baci

Paging @Grahamcrackers - here's your impassioned/frantic pink comparison 😉

i0704161mage.jpeg

Ooooh! Thanks @Mochapj! Both gorgeous. Makes me wish I had MOAR CHEEKS! 🙊

I am looking for swatches for the new Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crèmes. There are five new colors, but the ones I am specifically interested in are Slow Burn, Sonic Truth and No Angel. I was hoping to find swatches of the new colors before the sale as my store doesn't have the new lippies in stock yet and I couldn't find any online.

In advance, thanks! 🙂

Seconding this request for these same shades!  

I tried to swatch them today too, but my store doesn't have them either 😞

MAKE Lipstick (Part 2 of 4)

A few people have shown some interest in MAKE cosmetics—direct from makebeauty(dot)com—that I've worn in several of the "What Are You Wearing?" threads.  I've swatched samples of each product I own.  To keep the posts manageable, I've divided them into four parts:  (1) eyeshadow, (2) lipstick, (3) face, and (4) brow and lash.

Lipstick and Primer Packaging.jpg

Lipstick and Primer Open.jpg

Though it's packaged in a bullet, the primer is very waxy and has a texture closer to a primer pencil than other similarly packaged products.  It's very effective, but it's very thick.

Also, somewhere I own Jakarta, which is a beautiful dark wine color, but I couldn't find it.

Lipsticks in indoor light:

Lipstick Indoor Light.jpg

Lipsticks in natural light:

Lipstick Natural Light.jpg

Individual colors on the lip:

Putty Indoor Light.jpg

Tulipa Indoor Light.jpg

Tangerine Indoor Light.jpg

Sandstone Indoor Light.jpg

Maraschino Cherry Indoor Light.jpg

Radicchio Indoor Light.jpg

Wow, Tangerine!

MAKE Eyeshadow (Part 1 of 4)

A few people have shown some interest in MAKE cosmetics—direct from makebeauty(dot)com—that I've worn in several of the "What Are You Wearing?" threads.  I've swatched samples of each product I own.  To keep the posts manageable, I've divided them into four parts:  (1) eyeshadow, (2) lipstick, (3) face, and (4) brow and lash.

So...onto it!

One palette—with 8 full-size eyeshadows—and three singles, plus one sample.  [Quarter used to show scale.]

Eyeshadow Packaging.jpg

Eyeshadow Open (2).jpg

Calypso palette in indoor light:

Calypso Indoor Light.jpg

Calypso palette in natural light:

Calypso Natural Light.jpg

Eyeshadow singles in indoor light:

Eyeshadow Indoor Light.jpg

Eyeshadow singles in natural light:

Eyeshadow Natural Light.jpg

@heartsmyface

@meganlisa

@Harpier82 Thanks!  They look so pretty!

Could someone swatch please Bite beauty Molasses and Lip Lab limited release 011? Thanks!

I didn't swatch them together but I have a bunch of comparisons here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Upcoming-BITE-Beauty-Releases/m-p/2372725#M33057

If nobody gets to it before then, I can swatch them side by side when I get home.  It's more comparable to Nori than it is to Molasses.

Anyone know where I can find some good, HQ photo or video swatches of Lipstick Queen lipsticks? I've been looking on YouTube, but all I can find are try-ons of the ones that change color, which doesn't really help me much since they supposedly look different on everyone lol.

Not HQ, but here are a few that I have. 😃

From top-bottom 1 swipe: Pink Sinner, Saint Natural, Possessed Sheer,Saint Bright Rose

20160314_131706_resized.jpg 20160314_131729_resized.jpg

For Jaza:

Since they didn't have any of the Amuse Bouche colors you asked about, I swatched it next to some Audacious shades:

NARS Brigitte, Burberry Honeysuckle, NARS Juliette, NARS Catherine

20160304_141846 (2).jpg

And a few others, but none were close:

Bite Apricot, TF Eric, TF Tomas, OCC Grandma, Burberry Honeysuckle, Charlotte Tilbury Amazing Grace

20160304_171231.jpg

Thank you!! This is very helpful 🙂 I like how it looks, it may be a bit pink but it's also very warm, so I think it will suit me. On the list it goes!

I would be very thankful if someone could watch these three ColourPop lipsticks:

Trap (Ultra Matte)

Frick 'n Frack (Ultra Satin)

Dopey (Ultra Satin)

1 Reply
testing