Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

It's BT! We can never be tired of any swatches 😉

Haha I hope not! I still have a Jouer Cosmetics and OCC order coming in...then I'm done for a bit, I promise 😉

Okay well I'll watch out for those =D Don't worry you always have interested viewers on here haha...<3

When swatching in store where do you guys put it? Back of your hand or by the mound of your thumb? I personally use my fingers because the back of my hand is very pale but my fingertips are just as pigmented (same color) as my lips. Does anyone else do this? Am I overlooking a reason for watching on the back of your hand? 

I just swatch on the back of my hand. It's like a reflex lol. I never gave it a second thought and I just find it easier to look at my swatch and oooh and aahhh lol

I always do it on the back of my hand, unless it's a complexion products like foundation or concealer. That goes on the inside of my wrist. I think I put color products on the back of my hand because it's easier for me to hold up against my face, since I very rarely swatch on my face. 

If it is a highlighter, blush or a Complexion product, I do it at the back of my hand as it is comparatively closer to the color of my face. Though I swatch lipsticks on the inner side of my forearm. I have very little natural pigment on my lips so it is good to get idea how it will look on my lips.

@BrideSona it depends what I'm swatching.  

If it's eyeshadow or blush I'll swatch on my inner arm or back of my hand, depending on what I'm wearing and how likely I am to get dirty :D.

If it's lipstick I always try to swatch on both the back of my hand for reference, and the pad of my finger to get an idea what it's actually going to look like on my lips.

I don't have either, but @guzelkiz was telling me the other day that Celebrity Skin really washed her out. I forget how close you are to her/my skintone though. I personally think both those shades would wash me out, but you may be lighter than me and/or able to pull it off anyway!

Hey there @MK89, checking to see if you are getting any of my PM's.....

hey @AMHWKI! I actually just PMed you because I didn't get a response to my last message. Did you send me your address yet? Your stuff arrived yesterday (thank you!) and I was surprised because I hadn't receive any info from you!

ok not sure that tag worked below.... @MK89.

Well the weird thing is that I got a notice you both PMdand tagged me today but when I just logged in, I had neither.  Something is up with BT and me @MK89.  My address was on the package if you still have that?

If anyone has gotten NARS DI shadows in Deep End & Pool Shark would anyone mind swatching? 

I have swatches in the nars thread @StephaniLynn

Ohh! I don't think I dug enough I'll go look! Thanks @Mochapj 

image.jpeg1304169image.jpeg1204163

Oh thank you mocha! 

Deep End, Pool Shark, & Sexual Content are looking pretty good:)

as requested, but delayed ! 

STILA baci is on the bottom

L to R: STILA patina, COLOURPOP trap, COLOURPOP midi

bacishswatches.jpg

@Anonymous !

Ahh could I request a swatch of this (Stila Baci) on a medium skin tone please?

Love! That looks a lot like I imagine Clueless to look... though based on the reviews, Clueless is even dumber than her siblings.

upload_7263146033987162921.jpg 

testing