Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@meganlisa I love it!! So pretty! It's such an easy wearable shade isn't it?! I love how you can build it up yes!  Thanks for doing for us and showing us your lovely smiling face! 💞

@Sunnysmom I like how you can build it up as well.  I really like shades like this for work or when I'm in a hurry and don't have a lot of other makeup on.  And thanks for the kind words!

You girls....stopppp... too pretty!

@Anewxa @blackkitty2014 these are killing me too!  I really like them.

I agree @Anewxa. This thread has been killing me and my wallet 😉

@blackkitty2014 So true! I am so seriously shopped out but still want moree.. these lip magnets were not even on my radar 😣

If anyone is interested..Jeffree Star Gemini and Scorpio.  Not sure if it's my imagination, but the formula seems better.  Almost idiot proof for a liquid lipstick and a lot like the KVD.  Not that it was bad before (though a few shades could be patchy) but this formula is really easy to apply.  And the colors work.

jeff.jpeg

i really want gemini, im hoping it looks different enough on the lips from kvd double dare which i already have. I bought androngy and doll parts but didnt keep them. One was too dark and the other pinker than i wanted but i did like the way they felt, they did remind me of the kvd. Also slightly sad that scorpio is not as wearable since i am a scorpio lol.

If it helps, here is my video (gemini and scorpio).  You can see them on...

the taupe/greyist ive gone is DOC desert suede. I love that color but scorpio looks too dark for me

Most of the JS are pretty dark.  They don't seem to do light..

lol. yup. I liked mannequin in his video, can't decide if it will wash me out. Im definitely not as light as him and i like it on him soo haha. Waiting for gemini to drop and then rose later in the month

Want them sooo bad. 

Yes most defnitely! I'll pm you. 

Got so excited to see my Jeffree Star box when I got home from work today only to be slightly disappointed in the fact that my order was missing one of my liquid lipsticks. 😕

Do you own Lolita II? If so, would you be able to swatch Gemini and it together? I want to buy Gemini, but not if it's very similar.

Here are some swatches from instagram: 

Untitled.png

Thank you!!

I have lolita but not lolita 2.  Sorry!  Maybe someone else...

But Gemini is less terra cotta (which to me has an orange undertone) in my mind than I expected.  More rose with a hint of terra cotta.  If that helps.

I bought Gemini as well (my first Jeffree Star liquid lip, so I'm not sure about the past formulas). But I really like the formula, I like that it's really thin/watery so it doesn't start to look clumpy if you accidentally apply too much. I also really like the color although I have many lipsticks of the same color. Lol. I can't wait to try more, it was an impulse buy I am proud of! 😄

These remind me of KVD formula wise, and easier than some past shades (for which the formula varied).  I like past shades/formulas but give the brand credit for seeming to work on getting better.

Gemini is an easy color to wear; and less orange than I expected (on me it's a warm rose with just a whisper of orange/brown, not a terra cotta).

2 Replies
testing