Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Hi Ellenmae, while I don't have the swatch you requested, I would advise against buying sephora eye-shadows to use as blush. I tried doing that with a berry color and it was horrible, patchy, clung to dry spots where there were none (no blush I have ever used has done that) and didn't blend at all. If you do wanna get it, I'd suggest using it in store directly on your cheeks first.

Awww thats too bad. I've been eyeing UD bittersweet but it's a color I don't want to commit $26-28 (I forget the price). I was hoping a $10 eyeshadow might do the trick. I will def try it in store first then.

Good luck and hope it works for you! I agree I was on the fence about some UD blushes too but I knew I'd never use such a colour enough to have that price be worth it. Do comment here if it works for you and I'd love to see a picture! 

@Ellenmae have you seen Colourpop Rain? I bought it for this exact reason. According to Temptalia, Bittersweet is "darker and cooler toned" but this one is beautiful too and it's $8.

I was going to recommend Rain, too! I just got it, and I really enjoy it.

I'll have to check that out!

My bf sent me this pic out of nowhere with the caption: "My new socks. I swatched them 😉 You're not the only one who can swatch." 

image.jpeg

On-topic, this was my hand last week:

image.jpeg

Is the black a matte or a satin matte?

Sorry, I had to join in.

Does he need to use a primer under the orange ones to keep the vibrancy strong?

Can you ask him to swatch that black sock next to all his other black socks so I can choose the best?

Front runner for Beauty Talkies - Best Post of 2016. 

Do we have a "male significant others say the darndest things" thread? Because that's pretty hilarious!

I think there is a thread like that somewhere. Just good luck finding it. 😉

Unsolicited red swatches! I snagged my first Audacious shade today and it looked suspiciously similar to a couple others I had, so I figured I'd swatch them all. 🙂Red swatches.jpg

Top to bottom:

KVD Studded Kiss - Underage Red

KVD Studded Kiss - Adora

Sephora Cream Lip Stain - Always Red

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick - Fiery

Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bichette

NARS Audacious - Olivia

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick - Nosferatu

Spoiler
Red swatches zoomed.jpgZoomed in shot of the three I thought looked way too similar:

Colourpop Lippie Stix - Bichette

NARS Audacious - Olivia

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil - Cruella

Charlotte maybe...?

upload_6740539338745029294.jpg

Nope. Not really... But, it's a pretty color.

upload_7756936941642940149.png

It's super dark on me:

Jeanne and Bette were both suggested, but I was wondering about Charlotte, too, actually. 

Also, I need to actually bring TM Nosferatu with me next time to go on a swatching trip. They never seem to have it in the store, which makes it tough to compare lol. 

Very helpful, thanks. I was thinking about Olivia, but I may as well make my first CP purchase instead.

Bichette and Olivia look identical!

And I'm in the hunt for a Nosferatu dupe, so Olivia most definitely isn't it. I'll try Jeanne or Bette, as recommended by someone on another thread. I will say I wasn't in love with the smell of the Colourpop Lippie Stix, tho. 

Can I get a swatch of Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina next to KVD's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita? (Bonus points if you're pale with cool undertones so I can kind of figure out how it pulls.)

6 Replies
testing