Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Anyone have any NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams they wouldn't mind swatching? I'll take any I can get, but most interested in the subtle shades and the reds. Thank you!!

I have some swatches. Hope this helps. At least a bit. Smiley Happy

NYX Lip Creams.JPG

And, here are some mattes just in case ( there are some great reds in this line, with Bloody Mary being one of my faves 😞

NYX Matte Lipsticks.JPG

Avoid the palest shades, those are chalky ( None in the photo. Well, maybe Hippie Chic. Not sure. Haven't worn it in a while. ) But, the rest of them are great!

You're the best! ❤️

I can't figure out how to link Youtube, but if you search BeautyWithEmilyFox and look in her Swatch playlist, she has lip swatches of all 30-something shades including the new releases 🙂  Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Quick question. Have any of you found that swatching on paper helps you make a purchase or not? Every time I go into sephora the lighting is really misleading, and when I take photos of swatches on my arm in the store, they look nothing like they do in real life. I had the idea of just taking paper with me today and swatching on that, and then look at the swatches in natural light. I know it's not going to give me an accurate representation on what it will look like on my face/lips, but just curious if anyone ever found paper swatches to be useful to you? Or completely useless since it doesn't look the same on your skin?

I've never thought to bring paper to the store to swatch.  I may try that next time.  I actually do paper watches of my nail polishes often to eliminate dupes.  I gather all the like shades and swatch them on the same paper to compare.  

i do paper swatches w/ my nail polishes too!! especially when i cant decide what color to paint! 😄

Hmm I guess it couldn't hurt. I'm going to prepare some sheets right now. I think I'll staple some wax paper over top so my lipstick swatches won't smear. Thanks for the push. I was also a little nervous of looking like I weirdo lol, but who cares!

Don't worry about looking weird.  If anyone looks at you funny it's probably because they wish they had thought of it themselves!

I've swatched lipsticks in a little notebook before. If you wait a minute or two, they dry and don't smear, as long as you don't make too heavy a swatch.

Can someone post swatches of Bite beauty high pigment pencils in Toast and Zinfandel.

Thanks!

i2301161mage.jpegZinfandel is on the bottom.  Toast is a more burnt orange red, and Zinfandel is a pretty electric coral orange.

Thanks Mocha! I really like the look of toast. 

Toast is a great color.  

Did they bring it back?  For some reason I thought it got discontinued.

I don't. If it was discontinued or not but it is listed among the permanent shades.

http://www.sephora.com/high-pigment-matte-pencil-P283905?skuId=1449693

I think I can.  Need to confirm if I have zinfandel 🙂

I have been doing great...haven't bought a single thing from the UDxGwen collection. Then today I stumbled on the swatches of the lipstick and am really loving Ex-Girlfriend.

Does anyone have a photo of Ex-Girlfriend on their lips? I think it could be a really great nude for me since I'm fair skinned.

Spoiler
image.jpeg

Ex-girlfriend without its accompanying liner 🙂

i love it.. It's a "your lips but better" kind of shade

Beautiful look!

testing