Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I do have that one! They might be, now I think about it. I will try that out and see.

could someone swatch NARS Audrey vs NARS Afghan Red? I have the latter and reeeeeeally want the former but I'd like to hedge my bets a little. 🙂 thank you!

IMG_8302.jpg

I added a swatch of Nars Gipsy for the heck of it, because I often wear it on top of Afghan Red.

Swatches are two swipes each. From top: Gipsy, Afghan Red, and Audrey. As you can see, Audrey is much darker and richer than AR. (For further reference, Gipsy is a sheer shade.)

Thank you!!! I really appreciate it. You might have added Gipsy to my list too.....

I tried the Algenist color corrector in green today and tried to take before/afters.  The lighting is a little off in the middle picture, but hopefully you still get the idea.

Bare face, green corrector only, then topped with BM Complexion Rescue (Vanilla)

photojoiner.jpg

Same thing on the other side:

photojoiner (1).jpg

I think it helped, especially with the base redness in my poor irritated skin.  My red spots are more what I wanted to cover though and it did help, but not as much with those.  Either way, I think it was more effective than just Complexion Rescue on it's own, which has light coverage.

I tried the one in green today, too. I was really impressed with it. Most green correctors make me look vaguely ill. Even alone it seemed to neutralize instead of "tint" me. Went on like a dream, too. I wasn't expecting much, but for just one go, I'm pretty impressed!

I think it worked really well for you, too!

Kso1225,

The green corrector has indeed done its job! Your skin/color looks more even, shall we say, after putting it on - you look great!

I made these swatches for the Nars Velvet Matte skin tint thread, so I may as well throw them here. It compares the Nars skin tints with Glossier's skin tint and Perricone MD's No Foundation Foundation Serum.

Tints Unblended Indirect.jpg

Unblended, indirect light.

More under the spoiler:

Spoiler
Tints Unblended Direct.jpg
Unblended, direct light.

Tints Blended Indirect.jpg
Blended, indirect light.

Tints Blended Direct.jpg
Blended, direct light.

Wow, the texture on the Nars looks really nice!  Thanks for the swatches 🙂

Glad they helped. 🙂

Does anyone have swatches of the new Nars L'amour palette? I watched some YouTube videos and they're saying the pigmentation is better than past Nars palettes. Anyone own the palette that can give their opinions?

annypoo, Marlena (MUG) did a video called "Hot New Products January" where she did some swatches and gave a mini review of that palette.  She said the pigmentation on the shimmers wasn't so good.

Thanks! Im checking it out now

Does anyone have a BITE Mulberry dupe? I waited too long to get it, and now it's gone  😞

Temptalia lists the following:

Too Faced Berry Naughty (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar). Bite Beauty Aubergine (P, $24.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar). Bite Beauty Sugared Maple (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar). Bobbi Brown Brocade (P, $35.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar). Inglot #293 Lipstick Cream (P, $12.00) is darker, glossier (90% similar). Tarte Hangry (P, $20.00) is darker, more muted, cooler (90% similar). Bite Beauty Plum (LE, $24.00) is darker (90% similar). Burberry Bright Plum (15) (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar). YSL Forbidden Burgundy (12) (DC, $34.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar). MAC Rebel (P, $17.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (85% similar). NARS Vera (P, $32.00) is lighter, brighter, warmer (85% similar). MAC Labradorable (LE, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar). Bobbi Brown Hibiscus (P, $35.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar). Marc Jacobs Beauty Cabaret (146) (DC, $30.00) is more muted (85% similar). See comparison swatches / view dupes side-by-side.

Having several of these myself (Plum, Vera, Cabaret, Aubergine and Sugared Maple) I can confirm those are all fairly similar to Mulberry.

Thanks Mocha. I did look at her list but was not quite appeased. I have Plum and Aubergine, so they'll have to be close enough. They're so dark on me though.

I am looking for Tom Ford Pure Pink/L&B Cooper vs Xavier(or Violet fatale) and/or Kingston swatches. I wanted to get Purepink/cooper for a while now, but I wanted to compare first. Thank you 🙂

I posted it for you in the TF thread 🙂

You are very fast, thank you so much 🙂

Not a swatch...more of a smell test 🙂 LOL.

Does anyone have the Mario Badescu Rose & Herbs Facial Mist that they can compare to the Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist?

Someone recommended the Think Dirty app to me and the MB facial mist that I love is a 9 (10 is the worst) so I'd like to find a better replacement once I'm done with my bottle.

Uhm MB smells more herbal/stronger. Herbivore smells more rose. It also has a finer more spread out mist, and, to me, feels more refreshing.

2 Replies
testing