Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Holy moly, that gold-pink duochrome! 😮

That second photo is stunning!

IMG_9060.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

Swatches no one asked for! MAC Pastel Times Nine palette.

And a mini review: This retails for $32 (the new reduced MACx9 price), but I got it for $20 thanks to my friend's incredible discount. $20 is a good price, considering the quality of the shadows and how much use I'll get out of them, but I'm not sure I'd pay $32 unless I really loved this. I bought this mostly for the green (Sweet Green) and the two darker pink-purples (Restless Rose and Free Roaming). As you can see, these swatch the best, along with Spice Bar (third shadow in the first row). I don't wear blues often, so I don't really care about those two. The biggest disappointments are the two frosty white colors (Fresh Innocence and New Nude). Fresh Innocence (the first shadow) is especially patchy and very hard to blend. I really had to build up the color in the swatch to make it show up at all. New Nude isn't as patchy, but it's nothing special.

Love the last two in the middle row and that green as well!  Fresh Innocence may look nice on top of a matte or satin shadow!

Agreed that $20 is reasonable for this!  Thanks for the review & swatches!!

Love you!  I was curious about this one!  I'm going to pass (as if I need eyeshadow) but seeing helped me decide!

If anyone has the new magic charlotte tilberry foundation I would love to see a swatch for coverage. The video about the foundation says its light weight but super full coverage and doesn't look like a mask on.... but that was the brands video so I would like a honest opinion before I purchase.

It definitely offers more coverage than a lot of these lighter new foundations, but I would consider it medium, not super-full.  I could still see some bumps and redness.

It does feel light on.  I would say you do need to prepare your skin (preferably with a primer with this one.)  I think it would be really easy for the skin to look dull with this.  I would use a type of luminzer with it.

My husband said my skin looked good when I wore it, and he hates me wearing foundation. 

I got samples of this from Nordstrom.  In their Gifts with Purchase section you can choose a set of 3 shades with any $50 purchase.  I chose fair 1, 2, and 3.  1 was way too light for me, 2 and 3 worked depending.

I think the shade choices are different from a lot of other companies.

I don't think I have anything left to swatch, but it's definitely heavier than something like Luminous Silk. It's less viscose/liquidy. 

Kind of reminded me of Burberry's Luminous Glow or whatever their foundation used to be called very comparable consistency. The CT may be just a teeny tiny hair lighter weight. 

As promised in the Peeves thread, some Unsolicited ColourPop Swatches to keep GingerCupcake's company. All of these are LippieStix, with Bite Barberry in the bottom right corner for comparison.

FullSizeRender (38).jpg

Top row, L to R:

Peppermint, Fancy, Jonesing (RIP :(), 54, Plastics

Bottom row, L to R:

Last Call, Ruffle, Night Owl, Jingle, Barberry

I don't know if you have Nars Raquel, but I think Peppermint is an exact dupe for it (on my skin). I've been thinking about posting a photo of them in the Drugstore Dupe thread.

I do have that one! They might be, now I think about it. I will try that out and see.

could someone swatch NARS Audrey vs NARS Afghan Red? I have the latter and reeeeeeally want the former but I'd like to hedge my bets a little. 🙂 thank you!

IMG_8302.jpg

I added a swatch of Nars Gipsy for the heck of it, because I often wear it on top of Afghan Red.

Swatches are two swipes each. From top: Gipsy, Afghan Red, and Audrey. As you can see, Audrey is much darker and richer than AR. (For further reference, Gipsy is a sheer shade.)

Thank you!!! I really appreciate it. You might have added Gipsy to my list too.....

I tried the Algenist color corrector in green today and tried to take before/afters.  The lighting is a little off in the middle picture, but hopefully you still get the idea.

Bare face, green corrector only, then topped with BM Complexion Rescue (Vanilla)

photojoiner.jpg

Same thing on the other side:

photojoiner (1).jpg

I think it helped, especially with the base redness in my poor irritated skin.  My red spots are more what I wanted to cover though and it did help, but not as much with those.  Either way, I think it was more effective than just Complexion Rescue on it's own, which has light coverage.

I tried the one in green today, too. I was really impressed with it. Most green correctors make me look vaguely ill. Even alone it seemed to neutralize instead of "tint" me. Went on like a dream, too. I wasn't expecting much, but for just one go, I'm pretty impressed!

I think it worked really well for you, too!

Kso1225,

The green corrector has indeed done its job! Your skin/color looks more even, shall we say, after putting it on - you look great!

I made these swatches for the Nars Velvet Matte skin tint thread, so I may as well throw them here. It compares the Nars skin tints with Glossier's skin tint and Perricone MD's No Foundation Foundation Serum.

Tints Unblended Indirect.jpg

Unblended, indirect light.

More under the spoiler:

Spoiler
Tints Unblended Direct.jpg
Unblended, direct light.

Tints Blended Indirect.jpg
Blended, indirect light.

Tints Blended Direct.jpg
Blended, direct light.

Wow, the texture on the Nars looks really nice!  Thanks for the swatches 🙂

Glad they helped. 🙂

Does anyone have swatches of the new Nars L'amour palette? I watched some YouTube videos and they're saying the pigmentation is better than past Nars palettes. Anyone own the palette that can give their opinions?

2 Replies
testing