Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Anyone have something similar to BITE Mulberry?

I was hoping to order it a few weeks ago but it said out of stock and it hasn't come back in stock and I'm assuming it won't since they are replacing that line of lipsticks with the amuse bouche.

Someone listed BITE 'Mulberry' in the trade thread... On the first page, I believe.

ok not the best lighting, but if you'd like I can reswatch in the a.m. tomorrow

L-R: Bite Aubergine, KV Exorcism, UD Shame, MAC Rebel

Top - Mulberry

IMG_6237.jpgIMG_6241.jpg

I have mulberry and I saw it in stock at my local store... i swatched my lippies while back ago and i think i have something similar. i'll post picks once i dig it out!

mulberry indoor.JPG

Indoor Lighting:

Bite Mulberry (center)

Nars Charlotte (left)

Nars Vivien (top)

Nars Audrey (right)

Nars Vera (bottom)

mulberry window.JPG

Window Lighting:

Bite Mulberry (center)

Nars Charlotte (left)

Nars Vivien (top)

Nars Audrey (right)

Nars Vera (bottom)

Probably Charlotte is closest to Mulberry though it looks a bit pinker. Audrey is more brick than Mulberry. Vera is way more pink and bright. Vivien looks more purple and muted. Hope that helps. I know the swatches aren't the best. 😞

Thank you! All of these look WAY more pink than Mulberry did in the store...it was more of a vampy plum color.

I just tried to take a picture of me wearing Mulberry, but the lighting was just not happening. But putting it on reminded me of a couple of things about this shade. One, it's not nearly as opaque as it might seem. Second, it feathers (and I was wearing a lipliner, too). It looks more purple on than in the swatch, but honestly, if you can find a similar shade in a different brand, I'd go that route.

I don't have Mulberry, but after looking at the color online, maybe Nars Vera, Audrey, or Vivien?

Good eye!

Anyone have the Gwen Stefani blush palette that wouldn't mind posting swatches? Im on the fence and would love to see some swatches 🙂 

My local drugstore had the blush palette for swatching, so I stopped to try it.

Surprisingly, it shows up rather well on my olive tone.  I would wear all except the lightest pink.

i2701161mage.jpeg

Wow I love the top three in this photo, esp the top left cool pale pink.

They look diff to me than other swatches, maybe the bright daylight and your olive skin as you mentioned - that's why they look somewhat different on me :).

They look a lot different to me than most swatches I've seen, but seem consistent with how they looked on Karen at makeupandbeautyblog, who is in my shade range.

I think the yellow/oliveness in my skin is making the bottom 3 shades look really peach.  I was also standing in the shadow of a building, so that may have something to do with it (natural, but indirect lighting).

Swatches in morning light.  The photos don't fully capture the changing nature of these, with shifting shades in light.

gb1.jpggb2.jpg

Thanks! Colours are really pretty and looks like a good range of colours in one palette, I think I'll have to buy one 🙈

It's a rare item for which I actually bought a backup.  I really like it with my skin tone.

Just ordered it! And yeah the colours look great I'm excited to give it a try 🙂 

Anyone own Colourpop blushes? I'm looking for one that would be good for my fair skin without a ton of glitter.

I have just one, and I am tan but I think this would work for anyone with a lighter hand. Here is Swift- it's kind of a satin/matte finish.

Top- 3 swipes

Bottom - 1 swipe

Spoiler
20160109_135911-1.jpg
above:Indoor lighting
below: window/natural/cloudy
20160109_135735.jpg
please excuse the goosebumps! it was cold 

Okay, we have (Top - Bottom) 

Hysterical, Rain, Never Been Kissed, Tongue Tied, Cruel Intentions.

IMG_4053.JPG

8 Replies
testing