Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Swatch to get a free eyeshadow - Now CLOSED!

colorful_pallette.jpg

THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!

If you have uploaded a photo to this thread before 12 pm PST on 3/18 you will receive your free shadow! Thank you for your participation!

Introducing 80 new ways to smolder. The latest eye shadows from SEPHORA COLLECTION are available in four finishes—matte, shimmer, glitter, and mirror (a.k.a. crazy-reflective). They’re long-wearing , super blendable, and come in a wide range of richly pigmented shades. Oh, and did we mention there are also antiaging properties thanks to White Tea Extract?

We are sure if you try our SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Eyeshadows, you’ll be as obsessed with them as we are. So sure, we’ll send you one FREE full-sized shadow just for testing them out! Here’s how to get it:

1. Starting today (2/27), visit any free-standing Sephora store or Sephora inside jcp*
2. Swatch 3 of your favorite SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Eyeshadow colors on your forearm.
3. Take a photo of your swatched arm in front of the Colorful Eyeshadow display.
4. Come back to BeautyTalk on or before March 6, 2013 and post your swatch photo in the thread below. In your post, include the names of the 3 shadows you swatched, and use the hashtag #sephoracolorful.
5. Send a private message to the SEPHORAADMIN2 account with your name and the address where you would like your shadow sent.**

That’s it! Happy Swatching!

*Terms & Conditions: Valid while supplies last. Offer includes (1) one 0.07oz SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Eyeshadow. Offer valid in US only. This offer is subject to change, alteration or termination by Sephora in its sole discretion at any time. Offer redemption dependent on Sephora attaining responder's mailing address. Eyeshadow colors are chosen at random. To receive offer, client must upload photo to BeautyTalk between February 27 - 12 pm PST on March 18, 2013.

**To send a private message, go to SEPHORAADMIN2’s profile page: http://community.sephora.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/169993
Click "Send Private Message" in the gray box on the right side of the page.

***While supplies last. Shadows will be sent to eligible recipients by April 2013.

Please note: For recipients to be eligible to receive a free eyeshadow, photos MUST be original, taken by the recipient in the store. Dupes or copies from other posters will not be accepted!

Re: Swatch to get a free eyeshadow - Now CLOSED!

You should not advertise something like this and extend the date if you do not have a sufficient amount of supplies to give out. 

Anonymous Insider

**bleep** this is closed =(

IMG154.jpgGirl Talk

Midnight Kiss

Dying For Shoes 

#sephoracolorful

Anonymous Insider

Das is closed. Sorry Jojo

Anonymous Insider

Wow. This has caused quite a bit of controversy. Let's all just settle down mayhaps, like someone else mentioned, they ran out of supplies.

Okay. What happened to "Extended until 3/31"? If you advertise something as extended, it's up to you to honor that. If I had known you were going to cut it early I would have gone in to Sephora earlier. I'm a VIB, I'm not new to Sephora. I spend quite a bit of money through your company. This is bad customer service. I feel completely gypped as do all these other loyal customers. What can you guys do to make it right?

swatch.JPG

Banana Split

Cherry on Top

Pool Party

I too, went to the store, swatched, and took my photos, came home to upload them and found myself hours past the *new* end of the promotion. Confused, I PM'ed Admin2 account, and have yet to receive any acknowledgement of my message, despite multiple business days having passed at this point.

I suppose I'm just one of the many disappointed customers who found out that we're more loyal to Sephora than the company is to us. Considering most of these products are priced exactly the same at Ulta or straight from the brands themselves, Sephora's looking a lot less appealing.

I spent $80+ while I was at the store, including on two of these shadows, and I'm considering taking it all back just because I'm so disheartened by Sephora's corporate behavior.

I totally agree. This is ridiculous.

Anonymous Insider

I thought this was open until 3/31, I was going to go this weekend. Bummer 😞  

Anonymous Insider

Noted, Sephora.  Next time I won't choose to shop at your store; bad customer service trumps selection and price!

Anonymous Insider

That seems a little uncalled for, just like the gripes about the sudden cancellation.  And whenever I've needed CS from Sephora, the reps and SAs have been nothing but polite and helpful!  In the OP they say this and I quote "This offer is subject to change, alteration or termination by Sephora in its sole discretion at any time."  They did both alter, and terminate at their discretion.  I see absolutely no problem with this since we were informed beforehand *shrug*

Anonymous Insider

Not at all - there are clearly many of us that feel let down that they've cancelled an awesome promotion early.  It's in poor taste.  Of course they can alter and terminate at their discretion but that doesn't mean it's not a cop out! 

Anonymous Insider

On the contrary, it went on a good while longer than the initial date.  It does suck that it was cancelled so out of the blue, but it's nice that it was extended in the first place allowing more people a chance at the promo. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

And that's great! But in my experience since I learned about this community after it was extended, it's still a disappointment and poor reflection of Sephora.  Let's just agree to disagree 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I think we can agree on that 😄  Either way, welcome to the community ^.^  It's a pretty great place!

Anonymous Insider

2013-03-18 18.27.05-1.jpg

Hold Me Tight, Queen For a Day, and Jungle Party #sephoracolorful

There's nothing wrong with people who create an account just for free eyeshadow, because it gives them a chance to get on BeautyTalk and maybe becoming an active member in the future. My suspicion is that it's closed early probably due to the number of cheaters. First time for everything is always rocky with unforseeable inconviniences.

In any case, it is a great idea, thank you Sephora for holding it and hopefully we will have more such things in the future. 😃

I agree! everyone starts as a newcomer at sometime! They just got lucky that the first time for them there was something going on! I mean, there are probably a lot of people that dont have questions, or like to give advice, or dont know about the program like quenbee. 

It took me a while to start using Sephora other than placing online orders! lol 

And I when i did, I was only on the VIB page, But now i learned that there are so many other things.. like The swatch board! WHAT!  i love that page! lol

Thank you beautytester!!!!!   I am listed as a newcomer but have been a long time account holder with Sephora!  I was in line the day our store opened, shop on line and have been a VIB since the program started!  True I am new to BT, but that is only because I was not aware it even existed until about two weeks ago!   

Posting from mobile can be quite difficult but I hope to join in more often!  I don't know how I lived w/out BT before glad to have found a group who is as make-up obsessed as I am!  Feels great to know your not alone!  BTW - I didn't get an eyeshadow either!  Wait, do I really need another eyeshadow?

testing