syritt

Swatch requests anyone?

I am going to the store this afternoon, and will be able to get some swatch pictures. I will post them to this thread as soon as I get home.

I am very pale with neutral undertones. Marc Jacobs 10 Ivory Light is my best match. (I'm actually planning on testing the feel/wear at the store today to make sure it is good on my face and not just my hand.) I know I don't match hardly anyone else with how light I am, but others with fair neutral skin should be able to at least get an idea of color and texture.

Does anyone have any requests for swatches they'd like to see?

syritt

Re: Swatch requests anyone?

(0) Hearts

@Aparrish - The second pic of the stains is them wiped off my hand with a tissue. All of them except 101 left a really noticeable stain. The lipsticks really surprised me though, cause regular lipsticks don't usually take that much effort to remove.

syritt

One other note is that aside from color, the YSL lipsticks totally blew me away in terms of staying power. The KVD lipsticks came off my arm with a little rubbing alcohol. The YSL ones took real effort.

aparrish

(0) Hearts

Funny you mention that - I also switched some of the YSL glossy stains today and was impressed by the true "staining" power! Even after makeup remover, there were traces left behind! 

syritt

So I went to the store, and they did not have the Kat Von D set, and they were totally out of the Sephora Favorites lip set. However, the sales lady was nice enough to make me a card with the products from the favorites set they had in stock, and I swatched the Kat Von D lipsticks they had avail.

I also swatched Touche Éclat, all the Rebel Nudes stains, and most of the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks. They were too pretty not to. ^_^

Give Me Some Lip:

Sephora favorites lip.jpg

From top to bottom -

Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Bare Pink

NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight

Tarte LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Glitzy

Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment

Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish in Dolly

(They don't sell bite, so I couldn't get a swatch.)

Kat Von D lipsticks:

Kat bright.jpgKat dark.jpg

From top to bottom -

Backstage Bambi

Lovecraft

Underage Red

Ritual

A Go-Go

Touche Éclat:

Touche Eclat 1.jpgTouche Eclat blended.jpg

From left to right

1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3.5, 3

Rouge Volupte:

YSL lipstick 1.jpg

From left to right:

01, 03, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 29

YSL lipstick 2.jpgYSL lipstick 3.jpgYSL lipstick 4.jpg

Rebel Nudes:

YSL stain 1.jpgYSL stain wipe bright.jpg

Top from left to right -

101, 102, 103, 104, 105

Bottom from left to right-

106, 107, 108, 109, 110

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Yay thanks! Woah, that 1.5 is suuuuper yellow! Looks like it's either 2 or 2.5 for me. Hmmm, guess my fall Sephora coupon/promos are going toward some YSL this yr.

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Yay! Thanks so much for doing this! I will definitely be buying that YSL Rouge Volupte #29 now :smileyhappy:

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Do you mind swatching YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick in "29 Opera Rose" please? 

That's so sweet of you to ask us if we want swatches! I've never thought of that. 

syritt

I will be there in about 3-4 hours, so feel free to post until then. I will check the thread again when I get to the store.

So far, assuming the store has them...  I will swatch the new Kat Von D lipstick set, the Sephora Favorites lipstick set, and YSL Touche Éclat.

arielaaaaaaaa

Yes please swatch the Kat Von D Lip set!! I want it but i know half the colors i may not use but i would like to see swatches!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I agree! I really want to see the swatches to reinforce my thoughts on it (: Thank youuu!

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ah, if it's not too late, then YSL touche eclat in 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 and 3.5. I've been wanting to get one of them but I'm not sure how different they are. There's not many comparison swatches, especially including .5 numbers. Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • ChicDabbler
    • syritt
    • kissXmakeup
    • DrWould
    • aparrish