Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Collection Artist Color Box Makeup Palette

We swatched the Sephora Collection Artist Color Box Makeup Palette to see how the colors looked on different skin tones. What do you think?

SC_Palette_swatches.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/15HqFpK

Have you swatched this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Re: Sephora Collection Artist Color Box Makeup Palette

Okay - let's stop the nonsense. While it is great that this board is providing swatches for "varied skin tones", please, "for the love of all that is sane and from a place of common sense" swatch more people for the dark category including someone that has an actual dark chocolate skin tone and not just a tan for the summer! If this is going to be done it should be done right after all and offer a realistic pictures/swatches for people of all tones!

It's not like they can just grab random people off the street to swatch them.  Candace gets swatch photos from people in her office (including herself) and does it as a favor to Beauty Talk users.  Enough people have complained that she personally is not "dark" enough, so I'm sure she's aware of it.

I think it's fantastic that they do offer swatches at all!

Just an idea, but there's nothing stopping some of the lovely ladies with darker skin tone from swatching in-store and uploading here for the benefit of all...

I commented on this once before, but I noticed it must have been removed. Your definition of "Dark" is waaaaay off. If you are trying to appeal to the rich, dark chocolate skin of African American women, you have missed the mark.

I love that you show this on different skin tones! It's very helpful. Now if you could do that for all of your makeup.....

Anonymous Insider

You all need a new, more inclusive, definition of "dark." Give me a break.

Hi nerdgirlms - I'm the "dark" of the dark arm. I wear MUFE 175, Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer in Walnut, NARS concealer in Amande, and if I remember correctly, MAC NC40 (NC45 in the summer, although I don't really wear MAC anymore for obvious reasons :))

So on the scale of "fair" to "dark", I'm pretty far toward the "dark" end for most traditional makeup lines.

Hope that helps!

It actually doesn't help, sadly. While you might be "traditional" dark, your skintone is nowhere near the shade of say... most african americans, which I think is what the OP is getting at. I'm a Warm Deep in Bare Minerals shading and Cognac in the Makeup Forever HD line.

That's the "dark" shade we'd like to see. Hope that helps, thanks!

The "medium" skin tone looks pretty light to me...as does the tone you chose for "dark". 

I'm with you on that one.  I have brown skin but I'm mixed and it's still on the light side.  That "dark" shade looks like mine, which would in most cosmetics nowadays definitely be a "medium/tan" type of shade.

Hi JBrick - I'm the "dark" of the dark arm, and all "medium/tan" shades are too light for me. I always fall into the "dark" tone when shopping for complexion products.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos1
  • SC_Palette_swatches.jpg
testing