lylysa

Pantone Universe Glitter Strobe Eye Liner Swatches

Good morning, Beauty Talk! With the launch of this year's Patone color as the lovely emerald, I got to stop by my local Sephora yesterday and swatch one of the products that had caught my eye, the Pantone Universe Glitter Strobe Eye Liner set!

The liners are about 3-4 inches tall, small enough to travel in your make up bag with comfortably, but not large enough where you're wondering "How am I ever going to use up all of this color?". It's a super steal for $18, plenty of pricey liquid liners sell for starting that and just for one shade.

emlnst.jpg

Here's what the colors look like on and dried, I'll be reviewing them from left to right.

First up is the liner that looks the most glittery out of the set. I was surprised because once it dried down, the shimmer/glitter aspect calmed down a lot. I was really expecting this to have a stronger glitter payoff, but it didn't.

Next is the lighter of the two no-shimmer liners. There's only a very slight difference in shade between this one and the one next to it. Neither one had chunks or specs of glitter.

Third is the slighter richer green, as you can tell, once it's dried it's a bit darker, this one is more of an emerald rather than a jungle green shade like the second.

Fourth surprisingly wowed me. It looks in the packaging to be a happy medium of shimmer and metallic payoff. Once dried it had a sheen to it and the metallic aspect definitely showed, you can see it looks more like a metallic mint green when it catches the light. It doesn't look like this in shade or held in different light, but definitely interesting and the surprise liner out of the bunch.

Overall, the color impact and payoff was great on these liners. They weren't super thick, they weren't watery or thin. They would make great accent liners or even painted on the tips of lashes.

After letting them dry and wearing them on my hand for about 20 minutes, I wiped my hand with a wet napkin and the liners stained my hand where they had been marked. So heads up, you might want to lay down a base of a matte/tinted primer along the area where you're planning to line to decrease the chances of staining.

melissabt

Re: Pantone Universe Glitter Strobe Eye Liner Swatches

Thank you for swatching these! I love the pretty shades of these. I think the shiny one would be perfect for layering on top of the other liners. I also have my eye on this set:

Mini Graphic Effect Lacquerspantone nail.jpg

<3 Melissa
AmelieLandry

Thanks for the swatches! I already wanted most of the emerald collection... Just put another one in my shopping list! :smileyhappy:

kaye123

Very pretty! These are going to be amazing for a pop of color this season! The metallic one has such a wow factor to it. Gorgeous!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I was super surprised at how it had such a sheen to it! Not expected at all, but definitely my favorite out of the bunch!

kimmi1115

Awesome swatches, and the colors are beautiful!  I bet the emarald shades will be very popular this summer.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I bet! Maybe since it's March you can do your emerald nails look!!!! Can't wait to see!

bananachoox3

Oh thanks for the swatches lylysa! 

These are super gorgeous. I would love to get my hands on this set, love the last color!

lylysa

You're welcome Bananachoo!

I was "colored" impress by the payoff they had! They didn't disappoint!

melissa93

This really makes me wanna go out and get them! 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I think they're a pretty great deal all around! Although I wish the middle two shades weren't sooooo similar, I think for $18 it's not bad for 4 accent liners!

dianabt

These are gorgeous, I love to add a stripe of color above or below a dark liner on my eyes for an added pop.

Thanks for sharing and posting this! :smileyhappy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

You're welcome, Diana!

When Sephora first started posting their Pantone items this was the first thing to really strike me! I really think the size makes the color less intimidating to people which is important. That way folks don't feel like they're dropping too much money some thing they're just "trying" or experimenting with. I hope Sephora continues to launch sets like this, they would be wonderful around the holidays as stocking stuffers!

dianabt

Yes, I also want to try out the quality and pigment of the color palette Eclipsed, with the green and smokey green shade. We saw a preview of it a few months ago but I'd love to try it out myself!

swfupload_8212740382026043528.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Oooo, that middle shade looks interesting!!!

Do you recall if it had a duotone shimmer or any color shift to it?

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I got to swatch those this weekend (darn!  why didn't I snap any pics!) and the middle one to me looked like a deep olive shimmer.  It looked really beautiful next to the bronze/goldy shade.

i wrote a quick review of the 3 eyeshadow palettes here

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Sephora-Pantone-reviews/td-p/443611

but now I feel like I should go back to get actual swatches!

dianabt

(0) Hearts

If I remember correctly it had a slight shimmer to it, either a gold or silver-I can't be sure! I'll have to check again in person when they all fully arrive in stock!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

(0) Hearts

Ooooo, I bet that makes it even more beautiful! Please keep us posted, Diana!

melde

[ Edited ]

I went to my local Sephora yesterday (which I love doing on a weeknight... it is always pretty calm and the girls there are really nice). I was planning on going anyway but then I saw the eyeshadow challenge thing!

So anyway, I had also seen this trio online and totally wanted it.

I swatched the tester and absolutely loved the middle, olive green shade and the copper shade. I had wanted to try the emerald anyway, but I don't think it will look great with my green/brown/hazel eyes, so this was a good deal for me. :smileyhappy:

Today I wore the olive as push liner with a nude eyeshadow and it looks very nice. :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

OH bummer. The total point of me writing all this was that I had a swatch photo to upload with it! But it didn't work. Sorry. :smileysad:

sephoramusthave

Oh wow, they look so pretty (especially the 4th one!). You know....I own exactly *zero* colorful eyeliners, and I only own one black liner. I used to have a couple of champagne liners but I gave them away (nyx and mufe). I use shadow as liner pretty much everyday, especially on my bottom lashline. I cant wear anything on my waterline because of my contacts and I'm always scared of pulling/tugging at my eye area. Of course, I say this now, but I'm sure someday in the future I'm going to start collecting eyeliners. I remember not owning any blushes/bronzers/highlighters and now I have quite the collection lol.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

These would play nice with black. Do a thin line above/over the black or lay down a thick green line then trace a black line close to your lashes!

I thought I was going to like the glittery one the best because my eye jumps right to it in the packaging, but the metallic one pulled ahead in terms of faves in the kit!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • sephoramusthave
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • drrragon