vanillammm

New Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 Eyeliner Set Swatches/Comparisons

Urban Decay has released a new 24/7 eyeliner set with 6 liners in the .03 oz. size (full size is .04 oz.). The set says it has five "new" shades, though you will see from my swatch comparisons, that the shades aren't really new, just a smidge different from ones they have previously released. And when I say smidge, I mean nearly identical.

The set contains:

West-  dark brown pearl  (may as well be Corrupt)

Desperation- deep taupe-gray matte (no dupe that I could find)

Black Market- charcoal black satin (identical to Smoke)

Riot- smoky gray matte with violet and fuchsia micro-sparkle (a sparkly Empire)

Apathy- metallic olive green shimmer (may as well be Mildew)

Ink- deep navy blue satin (may as well be Binge)

UD Black Market set.JPGUD Black Market comparisons.jpg

SydBristow

Re: New Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 Eyeliner Set Swatches/Comparisons

Thanks for posting this. I have a lot of their liners and was thinking about getting this, but guess I already have all of the similar colors and don't need to. But it looks like a great set for people just getting into UD liners.

bellag2107

Thanks a bunch for posting these swatches and comparisons!  

mityren

I definitely wanted theses! Glad to know I own most of these shades already before buying a set thinking I was getting something new. The one I would want is Ink cuz I don't have binge and it looks like it's a richer tone.

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I am wearing ink today, and I must say that the color payoff is much nicer than it is with Binge. Ink is deeper and less sheer (though when you put on a few layers of Binge you can achieve the same look.)

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Temptalia just posted swatches and a review for this - says Stray Dog is a possible (lighter) dupe for Desperation?  I don't have Stray Dog, so can't say.

fhgarman

(0) Hearts

Thanks for doing this! I've been so curious ever since it showed up in my Ulta mailer this week. I like the idea of the travel set, but I doubt I would ever use most of them. I have the latest travel set with Zero, Desperation and & Rockstar. They are my first UD liners and I love them. I would get this new set if the blue liner was Sabbath, which is a dark navy blue. The Ink color here looks like a much more bright cobalt.

Thanks again!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Hmmm this is interesting. I was excited but I do already own smoke and empire, can't remember if i have corrupt but i prefer that over the West shade. though INK is gorgeous i don't necessarily wear blue liner much. I may be able to pass

crayzeeRN

Very sneaky, Urban Decay...

orangepekoe

Thank you so much for doing this! :hugs:

Also, is it just the lighting, or are West and Apathy sheerer, duller versions of their permanent line counterparts?

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

They are not sheerer or duller, even if the pic looks that way.

If I wore the previously released version on one eye and the new version on the other eye, no one would even know. That is how similar the colors are.

kmbirkel

Thank you so, so much for posting this! I've been lusting after this so hard, and you made me feel SO much better - I can save my money now, I don't need this :smileyhappy:

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Oh they're gorgeous! My favorite is Binge.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Esdee

While it can be disappointing that these aren't new colors as they're either identical or virtually so to already existing liners, it makes *me* really happy because it means if I ever decide to start collecting eyeliners like I tend to collect eyeshadow colors, I have less things to get!  :smileyvery-happy:

vanillammm

(0) Hearts

I know! I wish that I had known that I already owned dupes for 5 out of the 5 "new" liner colors. I wouldn't have bought the set at all if I had.

Hopefully this post is able to help others make the decision for themselves, instead of being blindly sucked-in to the promise of "new colors".

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

where did you purchase it from, i thought it comes out tomorrow?

solveig

Thanks for swatching these! Turns out I have the dupes for all colors except Desperation (although Ink does look extra special).

By the way, while we are on the topic of UD's Glide-On Pencils, have anybody noticed a difference in quality (color payoff, staying power) between the shades? I swear by the longevity of Rockstar, Mildew and 1999, but Perversion and Binge crease, smudge and fade terribly on me.

divagirl90

I also have dupes for most of these. I think they're running out of new colors to make lol.

I do think that there is a difference in quality between the liners. Perversion flakes into my eyes and makes them burn and itch whenever I apply it - I never had that problem with their other liners. Some last longer than others on me too.

novocainedreams

(0) Hearts

I'm wondering if it has to do with the different finishes as to the reaction people have, perversion in particular, and the longevity of some over others.

solveig

(0) Hearts

Good to know that I am not the only one with this problem.

I was actually surprised that they don't have a light flesh tone eyeliner in their product line. I know they were all about bright and colorful shades not too long ago, but with the introduction of the Naked range I would imagine a beige eyeliner for lower waterline is next in line (no pun intended) to be added to their collection. When I was looking for one, UD was the first brand I turned to, but ended up with Smashbox Always Sharp liner.

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

UD actually made a flesh toned liner called Midnight Cowboy, but it was only released in the limited edition 15th anniversary set.

If you are looking for less expensive alternatives, Rimmel has a Scandaleyes pencil in nude which is totally comparable in quality to the UD liners. NYX also has the new Wonder Pencil which comes in 3 nude shades, but it isn't a gel. Still a very nice product.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • novocainedreams
    • aviscardi
    • janinebt
    • solveig
    • mityren
    • joeanne