Below are swatches of
- the new Stila CC Cream in Light
- the foundation I normally wear for comparison (drugstore brand)
- OCC Lip Tar in Super NSFW
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #11
- the new Stila CC Cream in Light: The CC cream comes out of the tube gray and then adjusts itself to your skin tone. It doesn't look very good on my arm as my body undertone is pink, where my face is yellow. It is virtually a perfect match for my face. I don't know why it looks so different from the swatch of my foundation. The woman at Sephora asked me if I was wearing foundation! She then swatched the CC cream on top of my foundation--there was no difference, even several hours later when I got home.
- the foundation I normally wear for comparison (drugstore brand): I don't know why the two are so different. See my comment above.
- OCC Lip Tar in Super NSFW: This has a gold metallic finish. I am very conservative and was shocked to read this in the description when I got home! When swatching this, I had to stand in the sunshine and try the swatch at various angles until I saw the gold metallic finish. It really just looks like a soft shimmery finish to me.
- MUFE Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #11: This is described as a "pearly rosewood." I don't like pink anything, but this is very pretty. I think it would come in handy when you don't know what else to wear or you just don't want to look made-up.
I hope you will find these swatches and my notes helpful!
Re: Misc. Swatches
@BeautyLove02 - This is the first BB/CC cream that's been light enough for me, so this is my first one. It's not shimmery, but it's not matte; it's a pleasant in between. It didn't emphasize my lines or pores. The coverage is buildable from sheer to medium according to the box. Since I didn't know what I was doing, I'm not sure how much I put on. I would say I had on more than sheer but well less than medium...sheer+? The directions say to use a brush or your fingers to apply. I used a combination to compare. I liked how the brush applied the cc cream better, and I think it looked better to. I don't know how long it takes for this type of product to dry, so I can't comment on that. I will say once it did dry, it did not feel tacky or anything of that nature. I did use setting powder on top, so that may or may not have played a part.
Re: Misc. Swatches
Thank you for this! I've been in search of a good bb or cc cream but they're all so shimmery and light coverage. Actually the only one I've tried was Garniers 3 yrs. ago and it was disgusting. It kind of turned me off from any more- even HE ones. Do you have any pros/ cons for the Stila? I'm light with yellow undertones (MUFE hd #118) combo,noticable pores. Thanks chick!