Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gels

We swatched the New Nudes Sheer Lip Gels from Marc Jacobs Beauty to see how the colors looked on different skin tones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this lippie? Post a pic in the thread below!

MJB_New_Nudes_Lip_Gel.jpg

Shop this product:

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty New Nudes Sheer Lip Gels

I went to the store with high hopes for this product and I was left pretty disappointed. 

I tried Eat Cake and Role Play. I nearly just bought them without swatching too  but they looked awful on me after I swatched them. 😞 

I've got medium/tan skin and neither of the lipsticks looked similar to the swatches in the image above.

HOWEVER, I do like that these swatches exist, I'd love to see more  for lipsticks and eyeshadows! It's definitely a good idea! 

These are LOVELY!!! I do love these kinds of swatches to get a better idea of the shades of each lipstick since often times it's very difficult to tell from the stock photo or description…  but I always end up wishing they were on actual lips instead of an arm 🙂  I'm such a newbie at buying lipstick so I have a hard time imagining which shade will work with the pigment of my lips, so I sometimes spend hours looking online for reviews with people wearing them 🙂  I really do still appreciate these kinds of swatches too though… thanks so much SEPHORA!!! Maybe the Giorgio Armani line can be next up??? *wishful thinking* hehehe 😉

I agree!  I don't find swatching lipsticks on my skin to be a good indication of what it will look like when I take my natural lip color into account.  That said the sheerness of this is really appealing to me.  It looks like a nice happy medium between lipstick and gloss.

These swatches look off to me. Hmm..I guess I need to test them out in the store. 

Have We Met and Eat Cake are calling my name........

Love these swatches?  Sephora - please do this for the other lipstick lines, too - makes shopping online so much easier! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I feel like I need Eat Cake just for the name!

These swatches look nothing like I expected from what the colors look like in the tube....

I was swatching these.. I think I prefer the other creamy new lippies BUT number 6, Anais was realllly pretty. :x I almost did get it.

unrelated but i love that name. sigh.

I love the swatches on the middle picture, but since my skin looks like the first picture, it does not look promising.  Eat Cake looks awesome.  Whenever a lipstick is eating cake, it always looks awesome.

Anonymous Insider

Glad to see I was not the only one attracted to the name Eat Cake. It is on it's way to me.

That's the one I have my eye on, mainly because I love cake 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos1
  • MJB_New_Nudes_Lip_Gel.jpg
testing