LariTheLoud

MUFE HD Cream Blush in 510

As I promised, here are swatches and photos of MUFE HD Cream Blush in the shade 510! The shade is called "raspberry." It's a cool, berry-leaning red blush with a very natural finish. It pats on with a creamy texture and blends into a smooth, silky, skin like texture.

To achieve the color saturation seen on my cheeks (which is slightly less intense in pictures than it looks in real life), I patted and blended about two finger dips of product (per cheek) onto the apples of my cheeks, up toward the temples. So far I've been wearing it for three to four hours; no signs of fading at all, but I should hope not. I can update at the end of the day.

I hope anyone considering this color finds this helpful! 510, in my opinion, is the perfect reddish shade for an incredibly natural flush... even on fair skin tones. My husband commented that it looks indistinguishable from my natural flush. Amazing!

upload_8876830704347261875.jpg

upload_7582624150404458510.jpgupload_6967422176139193521.jpg

upload_7711335169544868962.jpg

upload_8042753539152123240.jpg

sn22

Re: MUFE HD Cream Blush in 510

Wow that sweater makes your eyes pop!

This color is probably not for me but I had a couple MUFE HD cream blushes on my shopping list. Then I looked at the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge, which I know isn't new but I don't own any of yet.

Do you have any of the Bobbi Brown blushes? Are they comparable to this?

LariTheLoud

Thanks! It was a cold day, and I love falling back on my dark green sweater. I never realized how much it helped make my eyes stand out until these photos, though!

As for your question... I don't personally own any of the Bobbi Brown pot rouges, but I've tried one on before. I would say the color payoff is not quite intense (which means it's even sheerer more forgiving to use, though I don't find the MUFE HD Cream Blush unforgiving at all). It also has a bit of a dewier finish, since the pot rouge can also be used as a lip product... though honestly it's pretty drying on the lips, like most cheek/lip products. I don't remember the wear time for the pot rouge, sadly! If you want something nice and sheer and on the dewier side, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is a nice product to try.

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

UPDATE: Holy cow! It's been 8 hours since I put the blush on and it hasn't budged at all on my oily/combination skin. I haven't touched up once. In fact, I feel like it looks even better than when I put it on! What's the logic in that?! Over time, I noticed that it sort of meshes with my natural skin oils and takes on a very natural 'sheen.' It isn't oily, it doesn't emphasize pores, but it looks quite lovely.

Anyway, just reconfirming that this product is awesome. Forgive my lack of gloss... haven't reapplied recently!upload_5896675070180046781.jpg

algenib

That looks fantastic, I will definitely be adding it to my must-try list :smileyhappy: 

DiVWA

You look gorgeous in that blush and thanks so much for swatching it and telling us about it.

The key to this color is that it's a blue red. My complexion is more cool than warm, so I've learned that blue-based reds (instead of warm-based) work better with my skin tone. So many blushes are way too warm for me to wear. When I colored my hair (brunette with some red tones) I was able to wear all sorts of warm colors. But now that my hair is S&P, my cool-toned skin shows through much more.

I do find that some makeup companies are making it easier to find the cooler based colors. Using terms like "raspberry" usually helps. "Rose" usually means cooler based, but not always.

This color has been added to my Loved List!

LariTheLoud

If you want a cooler red blush, this will definitely definitely work for you. I've also noticed that a lot of 'redder' blush tones end up blending out to a really warm orangey or color shade on the cheeks. (I'm looking at you, Nars Exhibit A!) I'm more neutral-toned than I am a true 'cool' skin tone, but I do find myself personally attracted to blue-based pinks and reds over warmer colors. 

I'm glad I could help you here! The MUFE HD Cream Blushes are really represented poorly on Sephora's website. Even the cool blushes look too warm from those photographs!

clarks18

That is a very flattering blush on you.  Thank you for sharing! 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

ashhay

I just received 520 today and it's very subtle. It reminds me of a sheer cheek tint to match Clinique's black honey lip balm. I love that the colors seem intense in the pot but are so natural on the cheek anyone can pull it off without looking over the top.

LariTheLoud

Omg! I was eyeing 520, but it's been out of stock every time I checked! I can't find it anywhere! I have Clinique's black honey lip balm, so that sounds absolutely gorgeous to me. I'd love to see it in person some time to see how it compares to 510. It sounds like it's just as versatile and accessible across all skin tones as 510. Awesome!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, too!

ashhay

Call one of the makeup forever stores closest to you and you can order it directly from them and they will ship it to you. I have to warn you though that it does come with an eight dollar shipping fee when you do it that way. Outside of the tangerine color, I have noticed that most of the 500 series seem to be out of stock in the Sephora stores.

LariTheLoud

I could technically drive to the nearest MUFE store, but the traffic is a nightmare to get through and I'd have to make a weekend out of it. I'll remember that as an option. Thanks for the tip!

jenjendoitagain

You wear that very well! You're so pretty and have gorgeous eyes!!

LariTheLoud

Thank you! I am always grateful I inherited my mother's green eyes, lol -- though hers are even greener than mine!

DitzCore

God that shade is gorgeous! It looks fabulous on you!

I know what's going on my purchase list. c:

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

Thank you! TOTALLY worth it, I promise!

kbmatthews

Thank you for posting! I was super curious because it looks so dark! But it really compliments your complexion :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

It's dark in the pan and in the swatch, and it can be totally built up to a true-to-pan color really easily. But I just go in lightly and conservatively to get the color payoff that I want - a nice, blended, sheered wash of color. The formula seems to be really versatile, I think! If the other colors perform like this one, buildable and easy to blend, I can see how many of them will work across skin tones.

The tangerine color is very intense, though, even on a swatch. I think that was the only one I wasn't so sure about picking up. Beautiful on women of color, but maaaaaybe too orange for me.

BlushHoarder

Beautiful! Thank you for the swatches!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

No problem!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 30 hearts