MermaidBarbie

Kat Von D Spellbinding Palette

[ Edited ]

I finally got my hands on this palette! I tried taking the best picture of my forearm with all the swatches, but I can't get all the colors to show up the way I want. They're all buttery and pigmented though. There are a couple shade-shifting colors that are so beautiful (olive green/bronze and deep brown/green). There's only one matte shade that looks like the exact dupe for UD Naked2's Foxy color. My palette doesn't 'magnetize' for some reason. Don't know why, but that sure won't take away my love for it. Ha. :heart:

Photo5739.PNG

kvd.png

katvondswatches.PNG

warriorwitch

Re: Kat Von D Spellbinding Palette

Also, I ended up cutting that stupid plastic flap off, then carefully cutting out and gluing the names onto the palette (which I wouldn't have done except I didn't have any silver paint pens or anything else that would write on that plastic). I had to get rid of it, every time I tried to close it if I wasn't be ridiculously careful it would nick the shadows.

Anyone else get rid of that thing?

yazmin

I want to get rid of it as well, I love the palette just wished it didnt have that. good idea. 

MermaidBarbie

I still have the clear, plastic sheet attached, which is annoying, but I fold it under the palette when I use it. Wish the names were printed under each shadow instead.

yazmin

I do the same, I just find it annoying? Wish the same thing :smileyhappy: But Im still in love with it. I love buttery eyeshadows, I had bought a Stila palette and since it wasnt buttery I decided to return it, and I saw they had this palette and I wanted it but it was sold out online, so i was excited when i went to sephora on my birthday and found it. Test it out and they were buttery I didnt even think it twice! Im in Love <3

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Ahh I totally missed this back in November ): wish sephora still had it.

yazmin

(0) Hearts

I found like 5 of these at my local sephora, last week, (i went to pick it up for my birthday 4th) 

warriorwitch

Have you called around to your local stores to see if they might still have one?

warriorwitch

Mr. Husband surprised me yesterday by showing up an hour early with my Sephora package containing this and churros. Now that is a sexy man. XD

Just so everyone knows, as good as MermaidBarbie's swatches are, the shadows are much prettier in real life. My favorite at the moment is Oddfellow, which is one of the reruns (but I missed out on whatever palette it was in so, its new to me). Its black with sparkles that shift from teal-blue to violet-purple. Gorgeous. Only thing I am not liking is that the palette doesn't have a magnet or anything to keep it closed.

MermaidBarbie

lol, isn't that sweet?! :smileyhappy: And yes, the shadows are much prettier in real life. That was the best picture I could take in that angle and lighting lol. Yeah, not having a magnet kind of sucks, but you can still open up the palette a bit and let it stand on a vanity as a portrait when you don't use it. :smileyhappy:

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

You could do that, but I actually find the girl on the cover to be a bit creepy. Reminds me too much of something off of the Twilight Zone. LOL

MermaidBarbie

(0) Hearts

Ha! I love it! ;D

yazmin

OMG! I love the girl on the front! XD

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

do they last long?

MermaidBarbie

Yes, they last long. I wore it without primer to test it out and it lasted all day. No joke. My eyelids don't really get oily, though, so maybe that attributes to it. It can depend on the person. :smileyhappy:

JGSFLA

lol well you sold me on it ordering it now lol that was my hesitation as the colors look beautiful just didnt know about the staying power! ty!

MermaidBarbie

I'm glad I was able to help you out! You will love it! :heart: :heart:

warriorwitch

Kat Von D needs to give you a job. Seriously... XD How many of these have you gotten people to buy now? So many! lol

MermaidBarbie

LOL Don't I wish?! :smileyvery-happy:

warriorwitch

AHHHH! This has been at the post office all day, but with one of our vehicles off rotation I have to wait and hope Mr. Husband gets off work in time to hit the post office before it closes... I cannot wait another day. O_O

lol

spacesuit

Thank you for swatching, these are gorgeous! I missed out on some of the older KVD palettes so I'm glad there's some older shades in addition to the 12 new ones.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • volta
    • ry22
    • poshified
    • joeanne
    • crayzeeRN
    • MermaidBarbie