Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Kat Von D Monarch and Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palettes

We swatched the new Kat Von D Monarch and Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palettes to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of these palettes? Post a pic in the thread below! KVD_orange.jpg

Shop the Monarch Palette> http://seph.me/1lGgbwv

KVD_purple.jpg

Shop the Chrysalis Palette> http://seph.me/1e5LQre

Anonymous Insider

Re: Kat Von D Monarch and Chrysalis Eyeshadow Palettes

Looks great

I wear BareMinerals fair or hourglass ivory with some red undertones.  Would I be the first or middle swatch?  Thanks!

I just got both of these in yesterday, and they are so much better in person. I don't know why everyone seems to dislike the Monarch palette (especially since there was just so much excitement over a warm toned neutral palette not so long ago *coughnaked3cough*). I love them both, especially the Monarch, which is weird cause I tend to prefer bright colors. I am wearing shades 1,2, 4, 5, 6,  and 9, and have this totally awesome fall leaves/fire look going on. (Too lazy for pictures sorry.) I think if they would have launched these in August/September they would be selling like crazy, because everyone is ingrained to associate these colors with fall rather than summer. The only thing about these palettes that I don't like is that the new packaging is cardboard, I really liked the metal packaging for the palettes.

I saw both palettes yesterday in the store when I was getting the Esperanza palette the colors were so pretty. shade three from the chrysalis reminds me of the ❤️ shade from the saint palette which I love because that shade I use a lot and the pan in this palette is bigger. I try not to use the shade too much because I don't want to run out of it. And the monarch palette reminds me a lot of the saint palette except of course with more shades, even though I have the saint palette I still am feeling like I may want the monarch palette.

Has anyone compared the burnt orange shade from this with the shade Cleopatra from her Ladybird palette?

To me the shade from Ladybird is a truer burnt orange color where the shade from Monarch is more of a rust/paprika color, leaning more toward being red. Its gorgeous on.

image.jpgHere's a swatch of both- the ladybird orange is the on the bottom. The new orange in monarch is darker, more pigmented and has sparkle. 

Anonymous Insider

My Chrysalis palette is being delivered today! I can't wait to test it out! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for posting both of these swatches! It's my birthday month, I think I'm going to need both! I don't know any of her palettes yet and was fighting myself on which palettes to get lol Loving them all!

I quite enjoy the burnt orange in the Monarch palette, and the palette as a whole is actually much lovelier in swatches than I initially thought from the colors in the pan... but the other shades are not unique enough for me to purchase a whole palette. 😞 Sorry, KVD!

Does anyone know of a good dupe for shade #4 in the monarch palette?

it's the only color that's making me want this palette...and I would probably buy it just for that color. 

I haven't looked at them side by side yet by Shiro Cosmetics "Chiefest of Calamities"  is very similar. I think it may have more sparkle/glitter though. (Here is the swatch from their site.)upload_7636145663529384078.jpg

I might be totally off but it reminds me of a shade in the Maybelline Coral Oasis shadow quad. Google it, it's quite pretty 🙂

just looked it up, that's very pretty! Slightly too light and shimmery, but it might be a good option if I don't find anything else. Thanks!

That's the burnt orange, I don't know since I haven't seen it in person, but the eyeshadow Fire in Stila in the Know, and the orange in YSL 5-color shadow Tawny, and the orange in one of the Nars duo are similar (not sure on the exact finish/shade).

You are right! That was the first thing I thought of, too - Fire, from Stila's In The Know palette. I own the palette, so I can swatch the Fire for you, CuriousCannibal, if you want to. But, it's a palette. If you don't like the rest of the colors, or at least half of them... we're back to square one. 😄

yeah, I looked at the palette but none of the other colors looked appealing to me. If I got that palette just for that color then I might as well just get this one.

Thank you for offering to swatch it though! 

Then, there's this on Etsy. Spliced Eyeshadow Trio - Snow, Lime, Burnt Orange. I think there's solo Burnt Orange, as well.

upload_3128536527409771677.jpg

And NARS Persia

upload_2638680973351134956.jpg

upload_4245193925689112933.jpg

omg, Persia is PERFECT! Thank you so much!!

...and Persia is the best formula of the Nars eyeshadows that I've come across.  I love it!!

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • KVD_orange.jpg
  • KVD_purple.jpg
  • upload_3128536527409771677.jpg
  • upload_2638680973351134956.jpg
  • upload_4245193925689112933.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • upload_7636145663529384078.jpg
testing