Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette

We swatched the Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

3_12_KVD.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/Zp911v

Have you swatched this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Re: Kat Von D Ladybird True Romance Eyeshadow Palette

I just got an email notification that this is being discontinued. Some of your local store may still carry it, so if it's on your wishlist then go grab them! 😃

Wha wha whaaaaat?! Now why in the world would they do that?!!!! One of the very rare all matte palette ( and gorgeous! ), and they discontinued it... go figure!

I got an email last night saying it was back in stock! thankfully I purchased it when I did because it appears to be out of stock again. 

sephora sent you an email saying it was disco'd?

Yup, when a product is OOS, you can sign up to be notified. Most of the time you get an "it's back in stock!" email but sometimes it goes from OOS to discontinued and you get the discontinued email.

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to tweak my holiday spending a bit. Maybe I should grab KVD true romance in Saint (instead of naked original) for my neutral palette of choice before it goes OOS too.....

if you're looking into another matte palette, the Stila in the know is a great one too

i didn't think it was LE either. She signed up for notification and got the same email

Anyone spot this in there store? I guess its being discontinued. My friend is looking for it and its completely out at my store

I have seen it in a few stores near me in the last couple weeks. In a different thread about this topic a mod said that it wasn't limited edition, and that was on 9/11/13. So not too long ago.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/Hi-is-Kat-Von-D-matte-palette-ladybird-limited-editi...

If I wasn't getting Naked Basics I would choose this, because I love matte neutrals

I like the Too Faced Matte Shadow Collection, also.

It has 3 lights, 3 mediums (tan, grey-blue, and violet), and 3 darks (brown, navy, and charcoal). I like it a lot, and it's versatile for day or night. Alas, I don't know what it would look like on dark skin.

Too Faced has some good pigments, though. I have other products by them, and they compare well to UD and Lorac. One of the lights blends in on my medium skin, and the other two are definitely highlighters, but you need primer to get them to stay on.

Sephora still carries it - look on the Too Faced page under palettes.

Guess I will be passing on this one. 😞 Too bad, several of the shades are ashy on the dark skin photo.

Sorry if this has been answered, but when is this palette available for purchase in Canada?

How about some darker skin to swatch them on? Kinda seems like 3 shades of beige to me...mattes for darker skin tones are so hard to find at a reasonable price, and I love Kat's palettes, so I'd love to see!

Anonymous Insider

I love Kat's palettes, they are always so pigmented—I'm excited that it comes with a liner too! 

it would have been nice if it was nice matte pastels for spring

I remember Kat came out with a palette (I think she called it "Truth" and and it had keys on the cover) and it had all of these spring- like colors and what not... I was hoping for that or maybe a neutral palette that wasn't like Ludwig or Saint (I mean, a reminder of that but without any shimmer if that makes sense)

Honestly, I'd only get this palette for the color Fur Elise (since I love Beethoven), but I don't want to spend that much for one color you know? I think I'll go with UD Naked Basics..

Anonymous Insider

I believe I'll be passing on this palette as well.  I love neutrals, but I'm perfectly happy with my UD Naked palette.  The next neutral palette would probably be the Naked Basics just because it is lighter than the new KVD one.  However, I am glad more brands are venturing into mattes.

Thank you! I won't be able to see this palette in person for awhile so it's nice to see swatches! 

I really thought the colors were going to be lighter especially because of Kat's picture and also there seems to be a lot of browns!

Do you know if Kar is going to come out with a tutorial for this palette? It might help with whether or not to get this palette (since I'm also thinkin about the UD's Naked Basics)

is this the only palette shes coming out with? she had posted a picture on her twitter with more peachy and purple tones. kinda bummed if this is the only new one she is coming out with. 

Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos1
  • 3_12_KVD.jpg
testing