lyravega

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

[ Edited ]

For all of you who might be interested, here are some swatches of this beautiful palette:

( In natural light )

( In artificial lighting )

( In different kind of artificial lighting ( white ), not with the camera flash )

From left to right: Sheer Joy ( not really visible on my pale skin ), Soft Light, Warmth, Soulful, Mocha, Violet, Midnight, Noir, Love ( barely there ), Sunrise, Sunset, All Heart, Java and Iconic. Aaaand I forgot to swatch the transforming shade. :smileyhappy: I'll do it tomorrow. I have to take a photo of the swatches outside with natural light, anyway.

As you can see, the eye shadows are not what is considered to be true matte ( not in my book anyway :smileyhappy: ). They have subtle, barely there, sheen to them. They are so incredibly soft and buttery, very pigmented, they blend very easily, all in all very easy to work with, and they are simply gorgeous! :smileyhappy: Full review after I play around with them for awhile... :smileywink:

The packaging is kind of cheap looking. It's simply cardboard, with some plushy/velvety looking fabric on the outside. It's dirty pink. And I mean it really, really looks dirty. Not very appealing at all. But it's functional. It has a very strong magnet that keeps the palette securely closed. And it has a mirror inside. All in all, I don't like the packaging at all, except the strong magnet which I actually really like. But the thing is - I love the eye shadows so much, I don't even care about the packaging! :smileyvery-happy: But I have to say, I actually like this packaging way more than the packaging of TF Chocolate Bar palette which is a complete disaster! Now, THAT is a cheap stuff right there! Absolutely terrible!

And here they are, as promised - the swatches in natural light:

The long swatch all the way on the left side is Transforming Perl. I didn't swatch the shades with this transforming shade over them, because, honestly, I don't care about transforming this beautiful colors into something else. But if you'd like to see how the shades look "transformed", let me know. I'll swatch them for you :smileywink:

cp2129

Re: It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the coupon, I ordered this last week. I hope this set of mattes will will be the last palette before I go no buy (for cosmetics, that is -.-) !!

mrsbaine

My bad, it was 20% off, so it was $33 total. Found the thread. The code is INSIDER. 

redwagon44

Well crap. At that price, its irresponsible NOT to get it... right? Right. 

mrsbaine

Exactly! It's an excellent value at $33! You should buy it! :smileywink: 

redwagon44

Ugh, kicking myself right now! I was JUST at Ulta last night to buy more Butter nail polishes than I care to admit. I saw this pallet there, but didn't think it was anything special. Maybe its the packaging? I don't know. 

Going to have to go back and grab this when I go back for their Mario Badescu sale next week. Goodbye paycheck... 

lyravega

Yes, the packaging is not very appealing. It's pretty cheap. But I don't even care, because the eye shadows are amazing! :smileyhappy: Definitely give this palette a chance!

LariTheLoud

WOW These look absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for the swatches! Now I am very tempted to add this to my list after I buy the Electric Palette...

lyravega

The Electric palette looks so pretty, and it's very tempting, I won't lie. :smileyvery-happy: But it's just way to shimmery and sparkly for me ( Yeah, I know - it's UD! What else is new? :smileyvery-happy: ). I know I won't be reaching for those very often, if ever. I don't know why I was hoping it's gonna be more on a matte side... Just wishful thinking, I guess. So, I still don't know what to do... but I think I'll pass. And try some Sugarpill instead. Anyway, I hope you'll share some swatches with us when you get your Electric palette! :smileyhappy:

knuevekm

Thank you for your post, your swatches are very helpful! I am going to have to check this out in store this weekend.

sn22

I have this, I caved in and bought it after I heard emilynoel talk about this. Lol it really is a beautiful palette ! I had my doubts about the lighter shades showing up on my tan skin, but I can actually make that happen.

evno

Loooooooove it! I'm totally getting this after my no-buy. :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy:

nishcakes

I've been eyeing this palette, but didn't see any good swatches. I was afraid they would be powdery, but they actually look smooth in your swatch pics. Thanks!

lyravega

(0) Hearts

They are very smooth and creamy, indeed. Not powdery at all!

annypoo

Omg. it;s so gorgeous. Must you tempt me?

lyravega

upload_2371522673071194073.jpg

Beehavnbeauty

[ Edited ]

Love Love this palette! Have used it several times and can't get enough of it!  Here's a look I did with the palette!
IMG_0734-3.JPG

KatjaVL

(0) Hearts

Aaaaand I'm sold!

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Beautiful!

ljp93

(0) Hearts

Gorgeous! :smileyhappy:

Missie772

Ulta has a few 20% off coupons without any exclusions and this is what I am going to pick up! I can't wait.

Thank you so much for the swatches!!! It looks lovely!

H216

(0) Hearts

Not now but there is an event for gwp on 4/2 where you get a free deluxe sample of their under eye concealer. Personally, I'd try to get the 20% off- wait it out to get when U offers it, or do like Mrsbaine suggests voa her code :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • lyravega
    • aviscardi
    • tanyab84
    • bombshell30
    • roxystar4