lyravega

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

[ Edited ]

For all of you who might be interested, here are some swatches of this beautiful palette:

( In natural light )

( In artificial lighting )

( In different kind of artificial lighting ( white ), not with the camera flash )

From left to right: Sheer Joy ( not really visible on my pale skin ), Soft Light, Warmth, Soulful, Mocha, Violet, Midnight, Noir, Love ( barely there ), Sunrise, Sunset, All Heart, Java and Iconic. Aaaand I forgot to swatch the transforming shade. :smileyhappy: I'll do it tomorrow. I have to take a photo of the swatches outside with natural light, anyway.

As you can see, the eye shadows are not what is considered to be true matte ( not in my book anyway :smileyhappy: ). They have subtle, barely there, sheen to them. They are so incredibly soft and buttery, very pigmented, they blend very easily, all in all very easy to work with, and they are simply gorgeous! :smileyhappy: Full review after I play around with them for awhile... :smileywink:

The packaging is kind of cheap looking. It's simply cardboard, with some plushy/velvety looking fabric on the outside. It's dirty pink. And I mean it really, really looks dirty. Not very appealing at all. But it's functional. It has a very strong magnet that keeps the palette securely closed. And it has a mirror inside. All in all, I don't like the packaging at all, except the strong magnet which I actually really like. But the thing is - I love the eye shadows so much, I don't even care about the packaging! :smileyvery-happy: But I have to say, I actually like this packaging way more than the packaging of TF Chocolate Bar palette which is a complete disaster! Now, THAT is a cheap stuff right there! Absolutely terrible!

And here they are, as promised - the swatches in natural light:

The long swatch all the way on the left side is Transforming Perl. I didn't swatch the shades with this transforming shade over them, because, honestly, I don't care about transforming this beautiful colors into something else. But if you'd like to see how the shades look "transformed", let me know. I'll swatch them for you :smileywink:

xoxcrystal

Re: It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Shadow Palette Swatches

womp womp womp.... i recently talked myself out of buying this palette but now my head is all jumbled up..

lyravega

And again I say:

upload_9184337288188804868.jpg

:smileyvery-happy:

bombshell30

I am in love with this meme Lyravega!

ColorCrazed

[ Edited ]

I *LOVE* this palette! The packaging is pretty cheap, mine is already showing signs of wear, but the shadows are so beautiful and blend like a dream! IMO, the transforming pearl is totally meh, I tried it and it made the shadow a bit lighter and that's about it. Totally agree about not wanting to transform these colors, they're perfectly lovely on their own. Thanks for sharing! :-) 

lyravega

(0) Hearts

I agree. The transforming shade is just making those eye shadows lighter, nothing more than that. Maybe someone would like that, but I like the eye shadows as they are, and don't want to change them. They are simply gorgeous! As for the transforming shade, I'm gonna use it as a highlighter, and that's it.

The packaging is really poor quality. I hope they will eventually make it better.

MsStacey1990

Welp Lyra, You done got me >.> Im going to order the Lorac Pro Palette ,UD electric, now I want this one >_< lol. This will be my first time shopping at IT so the 20% off sounds good :smileyvery-happy: 

lyravega

[ Edited ]

LOL, always happy to enable! :smileywink: Enjoy your new palettes, and should I even say? - We want some super awesome pics of the looks you'll do with your new goodies! :smileywink:

MsStacey1990

Lol of course :smileytongue: , Im getting 2 packages tomorrow FINALLY.. one of them is The Balms Nude'Tude palette which i ordered march 7th from hautelook.. and 10 pigments from Myomakeup.com ..So ill be doing some looks with those :smileyhappy:

xoxcrystal

i got my nudetude on friday and i loveeee it! i played with it today and i'm so glad i got it! and not to mention, the reduced price tag was a major plus in my book!

MK89

(0) Hearts

Lucky you! My TheBalm order hasnt even shipped yet :smileysad:

newandaddicted

I'm trying so hard to be strong but I think these colors would look really good on my NW45 skin.  I've sworn off the electric palette and just returned some bare minerals so I have some room to play.  I think I could use most of these colors.  UGH!  Why am I afflicted with this addiction?  LOL

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Oh, I know that addiction all too well. No use resisting the urge. At the end, I always cave in. :smileyvery-happy: And just FYI - for the first time shoppers on It Cosmetics dot com, if you subscribe to their emails, you'll get 20% off with your first purchase.

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

Sobs openly...then faints!  LOL

carolang

Welp I pulled the trigger - but thanks to Mrsbaine for the coupon code - I decided I didn't need the brush and saved the $10 instead! So excited to get this - I need another palette like I need a hole in the head but I think this will fill a gap in my collection. I did get to feel these in person at Ulta and they are nice! I will be trying some warm summery looks first.

mrsbaine

You're going to love it! Glad I enabled you! 

gogreyhound

oooh! I like those! the two orangey ones, not so much, but I have been eyeing this palette on QVC for a while. I like the other IT cosmetics I have tried, so I may get this. There is a new Bare Minerals 8.0 called "an affair to remember" and it looks awesome, too! aaack! I need more money! Thanks for the swatching and description!

lyravega

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Not a problem. I know how important swatches are when you're trying to decide to buy, or not to buy something (especially)online, so I like to share them :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

great swatches and information lyra! thanks for sharing :smileyhappy:

lyravega

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh, I love to share such pretties with my fellow BTers :smileyhappy: I still need to post some photos of the swatches taken in natural light. And test the staying power of the eye shadows, as soon as possible :smileyhappy:

carolang

I've been eyeing this too - I think I am going to get it from QVC though because it comes with a brush and ends up being the same price (around $43 ish I believe)... and their brushes are sooo soft and luxe (too bad they're on the pricier side!). Although the 20% off deal is tempting too!

mrsbaine

I bought this after a BT'er suggested it for all the matte looks. It really us a pretty palette. I had some color issues with some of the lighter shades, but I figured out how to blend them so I don't look ghostly. They are really easy to use and there's so much in there! I bought directly from IT- there is a coupon code for 15% off. And no shipping cost. Let me know if anyone wants it- I have yo just find the thread I'd posted it in. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 135 hearts
  • 37 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • lyravega
    • aviscardi
    • tanyab84
    • bombshell30
    • roxystar4